Display POIs along route
Wouldn’t it be great if you could see ONLY gas stations or Truck service POIs while you are driving? Well the good news is – with CoPilot Truck GPS App you can.
Here is how:
- Go to Settings and select Map Display
- Select “Show POIs on Map”
- Set POIs on maps to “Always” and tap “Currently displayed POIs”
- Select POIs you wish to see, for example “Diesel Exhaust Fluid” or “Parking”
- Enjoy – you can now see the POIs you want while you drive and easily find the nearest gas station on the route.
Save battery power
Enable ‘Power Saving’ mode in CoPilot: The power saver mode under Settings > Power Saving updates the map screen display less frequently and in turn causes less drain on the battery. The trade-off is that your movement along the map will seem a little less smooth than normal, however this will significantly reduce battery consumption. You can switch to ‘Always use low power mode’ for optimum battery performance or automatically switch to low power when the battery drops to 30%.
Manage your maps and save space
If you have downloaded maps of all of North America we’ve got some great news for you: you can cut down on some of that storage.
You don’t actually have to download ALL North America maps, but to save precious space on your mobile/ tablet, you can pick and choose just the maps you need.
For example, if you drive from Boston to Philadelphia you only need to download maps of Eastern US and if you drive from L.A. to Seattle you would only need Southwest and Northwest maps. After the trip you can delete the maps you don’t need, and enjoy the freed space. Just go to MyCoPilot > My Maps.
Drive without distraction
We at CoPilot have always been advocates for safe use of technology while driving and we’ve specifically designed our CoPilot truck apps to be as non-distracting as possible. In addition, there are some other ways in which you can adjust your CoPilot Truck GPS App to maximize safety and minimize distraction.
- Plan your route before you go
- Use the Motion Lock feature under Settings > Motion Lock
- Pull over if your route changes
- Use ActiveTraffic™ to avoid delays on-route
- Customize your route
- Use a dash or windshield mount
- Know your vehicle’s restrictions
- Make sure you are using offline maps
- Get rid of screen clutter
- Plug your phone into a charger
- Resist the urge to fiddle with the device