Customize your truck routing
Professional drivers know that taking the wrong route can compromise efficiency and safety. CoPilot Truck is truck-specific GPS navigation designed to provide safe and reliable routing on truck-legal roads.
Unlike standard car navigation systems, it calculates efficient routes based on the vehicle profile information, routing parameters and load type, with additional settings for the transportation of hazardous materials.
Here is how you can customize your truck routing:
1. To set up your Truck Routing Profile, tap Route > Truck Routing Profile
2. You can select from a list of industry standard vehicle dimensions or use the ‘Custom size restrictions’ option to enter the Max Height, Max Width, Total Length and Total Weight of your truck.
3. CoPilot Truck routing can also take into account the transportation of hazardous materials. Select one or all from the following categories:
- Harmful to water
4. You can choose whether or not to display truck restrictions on the map.
5. Choose to Use, Avoid if Possible or Always Avoid toll roads along your route
6. You can also customize roads and speeds by choosing to Avoid or Favor the following road types:
- Dual Carriageways
- Primary roads
- Secondary roads
- Local streets
7. Choose whether or not to display truck warnings of known potential hazards on your route.