Good news to our Android audience – You can now save maps to your SD card to keep from using the memory on your device.
In order to enable the SD card feature in CoPilot, please do the following which will both enable the external map download and back up any saved trips/routes:
First – save your Favorites and recent trips:
- Connect your device to a computer and access the following folder com.alk.copilot > EU (or NA, SA, ME depending upon your map region).
- Copy the Favorites.lst and Recent.lst files to your computer desktop.
- Disconnect device from computer.
If you backed up your favourites and recent destinations as described above before uninstalling the software, you will be able to restore them by once again connecting your device to a computer, and copying the backed-up Favourites.lst and Recent.lst files from your desktop to the com.alk.copilot > EU (or NA, SA, ME depending upon your map region) folder.
Then – download your maps again.
- First you’ll need to connect your device to a computer and access the following folder: com.alk.copilot and then your licensed region (NA, EU, ME, etc).
- Delete the maps from your internal memory and re-download them. Once you do, the SD card feature should now be enabled.
As always, we strongly recommend downloading your required map regions via Wi-Fi. Before you start, please make sure you have Wi-Fi switched on and are connected to a network with a good signal. You can also download maps via 3G/4G, although this may incur data charges from your mobile provider.
This feature is available on certain devices only and requires Android 4.4 KitKat or above.
For more information on this feature and information on how to transfer maps, Recents and Favorites check out our copilot support forum.