Dear subscribers and visitors of our CoPilot blog,
First things first, thank you for your continued interest on our blog. We have some news for you – we will soon discontinue the CoPilot blogs. However, there are several other channels you can follow us on to see the latest news about CoPilot, get tips & tricks on how to use CoPilot navigation and receive support in case you have further questions:
Thank you for following us and we look forward to connecting with you.Yours,
Brings free offline map update and new intelligent ActiveRoutes feature from ALK Technologies
London, UK – 21 August 2014 – ALK Technologies, a global leader in GeoLogistics® solutions and navigation software, announced a new update to its family of CoPilot mobile GPS navigation apps for iOS, Android and Windows Phone 8. The update, version 9.6.2, is available for free to all 10-million CoPilot drivers worldwide.
CoPilot v9.6.2 brings valuable enhancements designed to make car journeys more efficient, including ActiveRoutes™ to find the best way to your destination based on actual road speeds, a free Europe & North America offline map update and new CommuteMe™ time windows.
“The summer travel season is here and according to a recent YouGov survey over 25% of British holidaymakers will be driving to their destinations at home or abroad,” said David Quin, vice president of consumer business at ALK Technologies. “With CoPilot ActiveRoutes, drivers can be confident their GPS navigation app is guiding them the optimal way, no matter where they are heading. They also have the reassurance that CoPilot’s freshly updated offline maps won’t run-up unexpected data roaming bills when driving abroad.”
The new ActiveRoutes feature provides drivers with even more accurate routing, finding the fastest route to their destination based on the actual road speeds at a given time of day. For example, if a certain road is historically slower during afternoon rush hour, ActiveRoutes will take this into consideration when calculating the fastest route to a destination.*
Other enhancements in v9.6.2 include:
- CommuteMe Time Windows: CommuteMe will automatically load a preferred commute route one hour before and one hour after a user’s usual departure time to and from work.
- Motion Lock Passenger Override: Passengers now have the ability to disable the Motion Lock driver safety feature during a journey if needed.
- Free Updated Street Maps: Whether a driver is a local or wants to travel like one, users have the most up-to-date and accurate offline maps to guide them. Maps updated include North America and Europe.
- Map of India: CoPilot GPS now includes the complete street-level map of India. Users can download a map before they travel and navigate without the need for a mobile data connection, avoiding unexpected international roaming charges.
- CoPilot Premium Europe & USA for Windows Phone 8 now available: Premium edition includes unlimited use of voice-guided navigation, 12 months free ActiveTraffic service, offline maps and advanced GPS navigation features: Download it here.
*ActiveRoute requires a CoPilot ActiveTraffic™ subscription.
Product compatibility provides enterprise customers with a GPS navigation solution to enhance mobile workforce strategies
London – August 08, 2013 – ALK Technologies, a global leader in GeoLogistics™ and navigation software, today announced it has successfully completed Motorola Solutions’
Validated Program for its integrated GPS software applications, CoPilot Live Professional and CoPilot Truck.
This designation indicates to customers and partners that CoPilot Live Professional and CoPilot Truck were tested successfully for compatibility with select Motorola devices.
- Achieving Motorola Solutions’ Premier Application Partner status in 2010 and named 2012’s Best Mobility Applications Partner in Europe and Africa, ALK’s CoPilot Live Professional GPS navigation software is installed on Motorola mobile computers globally.
- Motorola Solutions’ Validated Program enables eligible channel partners to test the interoperability of their software solutions with select Motorola enterprise mobile computers, scanners, RFID readers, payment systems, wireless infrastructure and mobility management software products; to meet user application-specific needs; and to reduce both the risk and the deployment time for the user.
- Working closely with Motorola engineering teams, ALK Technologies has tested its CoPilot Live Professional and CoPilot Truck software for interoperability with select products, including the Motorola Solutions MC65, MC67, MC75A and ET1 WAN mobile computers.
Dan Popkin, vice president, Business Development Worldwide, Enterprise Solutions,
ALK Technologies Inc.
“The ability to provide enterprises with a mobile GPS software solution where the application and mapping data are stored on-board the Motorola Solutions mobile computer is a proven, cost effective, alternative to ‘over-the-air’ mapping applications that can consume up to half a MB of data per vehicle, per mile.
The fact that ALK Technologies can provide this solution based on either Windows Embedded or Android operating systems continues to be a key driving factor in the ongoing development of our product line.
Motorola Solutions’ validation of CoPilot Live Professional and CoPilot Truck on its mobile computers across both platforms will help us differentiate and position our solutions for the enterprise versus consumer-focused mapping applications.”