Dear Apple fans – our latest CoPilot update (v 188.8.131.526) for iOS is now available with more improvements, fixes and some great new features. PLUS customers in Europe and North America get free updated maps too!
What is new in this update? Plenty!
- Completely updated European and US Street maps – for free for our existing users. How to update your maps.
- NEW: connection settings with an offline switch. We have added a new settings menu that put you in complete control of how, when and why CoPilot can connect to the mobile web. You can even switch-off all connected features for true offline use and peace of mind.
- NEW: Just Drive mode. It is not always necessary to have turn by turn directions and voice guidance when driving, particularly when you already know the route, but it would be helpful to have map-only mode to keep your bearings and receive warnings about speed cameras and speed limits. So we’ve developed a new map-only mode that does exactly that. Just Drive mode removes the ‘add destination button’ to give you a larger map view, adds a new on-screen compass and yet still provides you with the alerts and local info that you’ll be familiar with from our turn by turn modes.
- Closed road warnings come to ActiveTraffic™. If our traffic feed says there is a closed road on your route, CoPilot will display a pop-up screen to warn you. You can then choose an alternative route or – if you wish – ignore the warning.
- Automatic Cloud Backup: CoPilot will now automatically backup your settings, favourites and recent destinations for easy restore if you need to reinstall the app or move to a new phone.
- Other Fixes: we’ve made a number of under the hood improvements throughout the app, in particular to tunnel mode to make it more reliable.
Important: CoPilot App Updates require iOS 6
Apple have made some changes to the requirements for detecting devices and we’ve had to make some changes which mean that all future app updates will require devices that have iOS 6.0 or greater.
The vast majority of our customers will be unaffected as every iPhone currently compatible with CoPilot has iOS 6. If you have an iPhone 4 or iPhone 4S with iOS 5 then we recommend updating it to iOS 6 to continue using CoPilot.
For iPad (1st Generation) customers who are unable to update to a newer OS version: you can of course continue to use your CoPilot app exactly as before, but will be unable to update to a newer version of CoPilot on that device. You may wish to download the current app from the App Store to iTunes on your computer as a backup should you need it, as you may be unable to download and install it from the App Store to your device.
If you get a new iPad in the future, you’ll be able to simply redownload from the App Store and login and continue using it – and get future app updates.
We hope you like our latest update. Thank you to all of you who have sent us essential feedback, reported issues and shared great ideas with us! We will keep on improving the app and would appreciate it if is your could drop us a line in our user forum if you spot something or think we could improve in some aspects: https://support.copilotgps.com .
Happy travels from team CoPilot.