We know that every driver is different. Whether you are a daily commuter, motorhome adventurer or long-distance driver, with CoPilot you can personalise the app to fit your needs. Since the first version of CoPilot in 1997 (!), we have developed CoPilot so you can adapt the app to your needs. We are in good company when it comes to the trend towards software personalisation as both Google and Apple have jumped on the bandwagon. Find out how you can customise your CoPilot:
How can I customise my CoPilot?
To start, head to the Settings menu. You will see the following options:
- Map Display & Guidance: In this menu you can personalise the location info display, POI display (for example if you want to see all petrol stations on the map), zoom and rotation of the map, turn restrictions display and settings regarding ClearTurn and turn warnings.
- Vehicle Routing Profiles: Create and name your own routing profile depending on your vehicle. You drive a car during the week and a motorcycle on the weekends? No problem with CoPilot: Easily switch between different profiles and customise routing settings for quickest/shortest route, congestion zone warnings, toll roads, ferries and overall road preference.
- Safety Alerts & Warnings: Head here to set your speed limit warnings and activate safety camera alerts. Say goodbye to fines!
- ActiveTraffic™: Who wants to be stuck in traffic? Enable ActiveTraffic™ and display the traffic bar to know about road congestion in advance and get automatically rerouted if there is a traffic jam ahead. Find out more here >
- Regional & Voices: With CoPilot you won’t need to do any mental gymnastics to calculate your distance to destination in kilometres or wonder how much a 30km/h speed limit is in mph. Set your units to metric or imperial in this menu and feel confident the next time you drive on the continent. Additionally, you can use CoPilot in 32 (!) languages, so next time you want to brush up on your Spanish skills, head here 🙂
- Styles: We know you have your own style, so you need a map that fits you. Choose between eleven dark or light map styles and customise your day and night interface.
- Sound: You want to listen to music during your drive? Personalise your sound settings in this menu.
- Data & Battery: We give you full control over how/if CoPilot uses data and your battery. You are heading to the USA and want to make sure CoPilot does not use data? Additionally to your device settings, you can de-activate cellular data usage directly in CoPilot or decide if the app should use low power mode.
Have questions? Get more information about customisation in CoPilot in our FAQs.