Display POIs along route
Wouldn’t it be great if you could see ONLY petrol station or Truck service POIs while you are driving? Well the good news is – with CoPilot Truck you can.
Here is how:
- Go to Settings and select Map Display
- Select “Show POIs on Map”
- Set POIs on maps to “Always” and tap “Currently displayed POIS”
- Select POIs you wish to see, for example “Petrol station” or “Parking”
- Enjoy – you can now see the POIs you want while you drive and easily find the nearest petrol station on the route.
Update your safety cameras
One of our CoPilot app features is the regular FREE safety camera* update. We have recently released another free safety camera update – if you have not updated your safety cameras yet, here is how to do it:
- Go toMyCoPilot > News & Updates
- Select theSafety Cameras database updateand tap Install to download it.
*Available in Western Europe. Safety camera locations are not available in Switzerland or France.
Save battery power
Enable ‘Power Saving’ mode in CoPilot: The power saver mode under Settings > Power Saving updates the map screen display less frequently and in turn causes less drain on the battery. The trade-off is that your movement along the map will seem a little less smooth than normal, however this will significantly reduce battery consumption. You can switch to ‘Always use low power mode’ for optimum battery performance or automatically switch to low power when the battery drops to 30%.
Manage your maps and save space
If you have downloaded maps of all of Europe we’ve got some great news for you: you can cut down on some of that storage.
You don’t actually have to download ALL European maps, but to save precious space on your mobile/ tablet, you can pick and choose just the maps you need.
For example, if you drive from Manchester to Marseille you only have to download maps of UK+IE and France, and if you drive from Berlin to Rome, you only need DACH + Italy regions. After the trip you can delete the maps you don’t need, and enjoy the freed space. Just go to MyCoPilot > My Maps.
Drive without distraction
We at CoPilot have always been advocates for safe use of technology while driving and we’ve specifically designed our CoPilot truck apps to be as non-distracting as possible. In addition, there are some other ways in which you can adjust your CoPilot to maximise safety and minimise distraction.
- Plan your route before you go
- Use the Motion Lock feature under Settings > Motion Lock
- Pull over if your route changes
- Use ActiveTraffic™ to avoid delays on-route
- Customise your route
- Use a dash or windshield mount
- Know your vehicle’s restrictions
- Make sure you are using offline maps
- Get rid of screen clutter
- Plug your phone into a charger
- Resist the urge to fiddle with the device