Free UPGRADE for all CoPilot Live v8 iPhone, iPad Android Customers

We have great news for all CoPilot Live v8 iPhone, iPad & Android customers in Europe.  You can now upgrade to our latest generation CoPilot features for FREE!

As an existing CoPilot Live v8 customer you can unlock turn-by-turn, voice-guided navigation features in our recently launched CoPilot GPS app at no cost.  By upgrading, you’ll continue to enjoy unlimited CoPilot Live navigation as before, only better – and with regular app updates in the future.  Plus, we’ll restore all your existing CoPilot Live Favourites, Recents and Subscriptions from v8!

CoPilot GPS gives you our latest and greatest navigation features, including alternate routes, drag and drop route editing, and a sleek new user interface designed specifically for the latest smartphones and tablets.

Note for CoPilot Live Premium customers: There’s no need for you to upgrade to the GPS app – in fact we strongly suggest you don’t! As a CoPilot Live Premium customer, you already have our latest CoPilot navigation features including 12 Months free ActiveTraffic and Text to Speech voice guidance as standard.

If you have CoPilot Live v8, please continue reading to discover how you can upgrade for free:

Important:  You do not need to delete your CoPilot Live v8 app in order to upgrade.

1.    Download our latest CoPilot Live v8 free app update in iTunes or Google Play.  If you purchased your CoPilot Android app from the CoPilot Live Webstore, visit http://copilotgps.com/androidinstall/default_en.asp on your Android device to download the latest update.

2.    Launch your CoPilot Live v8 app and sign in with your existing CoPilot ID (email address)  Click here if you have forgotten your password.

Important: It may take a few moments to launch your app after this major update, please be patient!

3.    Tap Upgrade Now. You’ll be asked if you want to back up your v8 Favourites, Recents and subscriptions before upgrading.

4.    Once your CoPilot Live has completed the backup, you’ll be automatically directed to the App Store/Google Play to download CoPilot GPS.

5.    When you initially launch CoPilot GPS, sign in with your existing CoPilot ID (the one you signed in with on your v8 app) to activate your free upgrade and transfer your v8 Favourites, Recents and Subscriptions. It will take a few moments to restore everything.  Please note if you tap Create Later you will have to go to MyCoPilot > Register or Sign In to complete the upgrade.

6.    On the My Maps screen, tap Get Maps. Choose the map region you wish to download from the list.

7.    Once the map download is complete, the map will be stored on-board your device. Now you’re ready to start navigating!

What if I don’t want to upgrade right now?

You can keep your existing CoPilot Live v8 app until you’re up and running with CoPilot GPS, so rest assured you won’t be left stranded without navigation.

Learn More About the Upgrade >

Our Ongoing Commitment to You

We’re really excited to be able to offer you this free upgrade to our cutting-edge new navigation features.  We hope you enjoy navigating with your new CoPilot too!  Don’t forget to share your thoughts with a review on the App Store or Google Play.

If you have any questions regarding the upgrade, just ask!

This entry was posted in CoPilot for Android, CoPilot for iPhone & iPad, Special Offers, Uncategorised and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. Kevin J Lloyd
    Posted June 8, 2012 at 12:15 am | Permalink

I got the offer to upgrade my Live8 on my Samsung GTI-5500 but when I got to the Google store it told me it was incaompatible with my phone so guess I will lose out, would have been better to offer an upgrade to Premium version

2. Ben Woodward
    Posted June 8, 2012 at 5:15 pm | Permalink

I’m still trying to figure out how to activate my free 12 months active traffic, I have the premium version but it’s higher than then version specified for it, do I have to downgrade?

3. Malcolm Gough
    Posted June 9, 2012 at 9:47 am | Permalink

Once I have upgraded can I delete to old version of Copilot?

• Christian
      Posted June 13, 2012 at 1:44 pm | Permalink

Yes, you don’t need to keep the old CoPilot Live v8 app. It is safe to delete it.

4. Martin Poole
    Posted June 11, 2012 at 9:36 am | Permalink

Have tried the upgrade from V8 on ICS and upgrade froze. Tried download again not working.
    What now

• Christian
      Posted June 13, 2012 at 1:38 pm | Permalink

It may take a little while to start the latest CoPilot Live v8 app update. Please wait a bit longer, it should load. If problem persists you can move straight to CoPilot GPS (though your favourites won’t transfer).

5. Peter
    Posted June 12, 2012 at 6:18 pm | Permalink

Download and install on my HTC Desire went fine. I wasn’t prompted to backup my settings though, so had to redo them, but otherwise all OK. The maps I have purchased, UK&Ireland and North America, reinstalled as well.

After installing I found that the original CoPilot 8 is still available, presumably sharing the maps with the new CoPilot GPS. Let’s hope it all works!

• Christian
      Posted June 13, 2012 at 1:40 pm | Permalink

Glad you’re up and running Peter. Sorry to hear that your settings didn’t transfer. Yes, it is still possible for you to keep and use the older CoPilot Live v8 app (though it won’t receive any more updates and will be removed from Google Play shortly).

6. Steve Goddard
    Posted June 13, 2012 at 8:38 am | Permalink

I upgraded to the new version and it is one of the worst Sat Navs i have ever used. Told be i had an hour left on my journey and when i was only a mile from home. Divert option came up when my usual route was closed and told me it would be 5 hours before i got to my destination, funny as i got myself there in an hour.

I have used copilot on my mobile devices since 2006 and always rated them very highly until now. Copilot 8 is still by far better than your new version. What have you done?

I am very annoyed too that i have to put up the the upgrade option showing on version 8.. this is definately one of those occasions when i can say, “if it ain’t broke don’t try and fix it”.

7. Dave
    Posted June 14, 2012 at 11:42 am | Permalink

Hi,
    I’ve gone through the update process and at first all seemed ok apart from the voice guidance. I uninstalled the app and tried again, now this time it is saying that CoPilot failed to find a valid route to your destination. Even when trying to browse the maps it does not show any roads etc.

I have also been experiencing signal issues with the copilot live 8 where it will just drop me leaving me directionless.

Any advise please?

Regards,

Dave

• Christian
      Posted June 15, 2012 at 10:54 am | Permalink

I suggest restarting the phone (turn if off completely and start up again). If problem persists it might be an idea to delete the app from your phone and redownload.

8. Brian
    Posted June 15, 2012 at 10:05 am | Permalink

Have upgraded to new copilot and it has worked well
    Unfortunately it now loads but no roads load on starting….. I have to restart the phone for the roads to appear.
    Any ideas?

• Christian
      Posted June 15, 2012 at 10:54 am | Permalink

Not sure about that. I suggest restarting the phone (turn if off completely and start up again). If problem persists it might be an idea to delete the app and redownload.

• Brian
        Posted June 15, 2012 at 10:59 am | Permalink

Thanks Cristian will reinstall and see what happens

9. Raymond
    Posted June 16, 2012 at 6:14 pm | Permalink

I have purchased copilot premium online at copilot store, I have received an activation code via email but I cannot find out where to go to get to download maps and install them on my new Samsung Galaxy S3

• David // CoPilot Live Marketing
      Posted June 21, 2012 at 11:07 am | Permalink

Hi Raymond – you should be able to choose and download maps via WiFi from within the MyCoPilot menu in the CoPilot Live Premium app.

10. Rod
    Posted June 18, 2012 at 10:16 pm | Permalink

Upgraded to LiveGPS on my HTC Wildfire and I’m quite impressed at how everything is working, although it’s still early days. Maps seem to be clearer and a local speed limit that got changed in the last 3 months is very accurate. I think I’ll keep v8 for a few months as this has never played up and will be a good backup.

11. Bruce
    Posted June 19, 2012 at 2:11 pm | Permalink

I have seen reviews that say this “free upgrade to the newest generation” really takes away features and that I would need to pay extra to get the features back that I currently have on my existing CoPilot Live on my iPhone. The answers I’ve received from ALK are vague and do not directly answer my question. This tells me to “beware” of the dangling carrot. Can anyone show in writing that this would not be the case?

• David // CoPilot Live Marketing
      Posted June 21, 2012 at 11:05 am | Permalink

Hello Bruce. I can assure you that once you have upgraded we will not charge you for features that you already owned in CoPilot Live v8. Full 3D navigation with voice guidance will be enabled automatically once you enter your CoPilot ID. If you had purchased TTS in v8 then that will be restored. If you had purchased an ActiveTraffic subscription and have time remaining on your subscription then that will also be restored. If you have purchased several map region versions of the v8 app then these will be availale to you in the new app as well.
      Hope that answers your question.

12. john
    Posted June 23, 2012 at 7:33 pm | Permalink

i had CoPilot 7 uk got CoPilot 8 europe for windows mobile
    you not supporting windows mobile
    no free map update
    my phone naff
    so why dont you let people like me transfer licence to
    andriod or iphone
    and i get a new compatible phone
    iphone 5 when it comes out or
    htc one x

13. Paul
    Posted June 24, 2012 at 10:38 pm | Permalink

I have a HTC Desire with limited memory space. I upgraded last year to CoPilot Live with UK and European maps. I did not download Europe other than UK maps, wishing to save space on my device. The new version did not transfer my Favourites list so I detected which file had the favourites list in the old version and copied it over manually. I then uninstalled CoPilot V8 to save space. I have recently done the upgrade to CoPilot GPS and just tried to download the European maps. The Full European maps were showing I needed to purchase but individual country maps were showing downloadable, so I guessed I could download them individually. However once I had downloaded one country (France) the others were then locked. How to do I retrieve my licence for all of Europe and get the maps downloaded?

14. John Ashfield
    Posted June 25, 2012 at 9:44 am | Permalink

I have also tried to update Co Pilot live and having gone through to the European option, downloaded the updated maps it works but does not show any roads. Please don’t tell me I hav to redownload this as it is 2 Gb! Thanks John

15. David
    Posted June 29, 2012 at 6:02 pm | Permalink

I paid for copilot live a while so upgraded to the new one and it works fine, but, i thought i would be getting the free 12 month active traffic as I’m an existing customer and I’m not. Can anyone help with this? Much appreciated

16. Sreelal
    Posted June 19, 2013 at 10:32 am | Permalink

I am a Copilot Live premium customer from UK and I was very impressed with this app till now. However I lost my faith in this app now. Last week I went to Torquay from Taunton and the app gave me two different routes and they were more than 30 miles long than the shortest route. So I downloaded Sygic and it showed me the proper route through the motorway M5. Still I don’t know why Copilot avoided the motorway. Is there any way to get my money back??????