12 Months FREE ActiveTraffic™ With Your CoPilot Live Premium App!!!

You’re About to Spend a lot Less Time in Traffic!

Great news! Your CoPilot Live Premium app now includes 12 months use of our real-time ActiveTraffic service as standard. If you already have ActiveTraffic™, we’ll add an extra 12 months to your existing subscription for FREE.*

Tips&Tricks : CoPilot Live ActiveTraffic – How it works

Find the fastest route through traffic – every time!

ActiveTraffic™ uses the highest quality Live traffic flow information to automatically calculate the fastest route to your destination based on real-time conditions. It continuously monitors your route for delays as you drive and will alert you if a quicker route is available.

Learn more about ActiveTraffic  >

How do I get 12 months free ActiveTraffic?

N.B. If you don’t see the in-app upgrade, go to MyCoPilot > Features & Upgrades and tap ‘Free ActiveTraffic’.

See our FAQs >

PLEASE NOTE that the UK & Ireland app update for iOS is still pending approval at Apple and will be available very shortly.

*ActiveTraffic requires a mobile Internet connection. Charges may apply from your mobile provider

The availability of our ActiveTraffic service may vary by country/region.

Check copilotlive.com for details and availability

This entry was posted in CoPilot for Android, CoPilot for iPhone & iPad, Special Offers. Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. René Mittå
    Posted April 11, 2012 at 5:29 pm | Permalink

Hi
    If I go to “MyCopilot” –> “Functions and upgrades” I can see a notification telling me about “Free map update available”.
    I fallowed instructions –> delete maps –>re-downloaded maps … but maps are still 2011.2 as it was before! When will updated maps be available ? And would you PLS tell we what date of newest maps?
    BTW it would be nice if we didn’t have to delete and then download … why not use existing download button changing text to “Update” and then let app replace maps? way :-)

2. wvb
    Posted April 11, 2012 at 8:27 pm | Permalink

thanks a lot for this nice present!
    working great on my Android :)

3. Graham Miller
    Posted April 12, 2012 at 6:55 pm | Permalink

I havent read the small print. Is Active Traffic set to automatically renew at the end of twelve months, – can Alk Technologies automatically debit us should we forget to cancel and if so how much notice will we be given to cancel? What is the anticipated cost of a twelve month subscription to the service?

• Christian
      Posted April 18, 2012 at 12:15 pm | Permalink

We won’t and can’t automatically renew your subscription at the end of the 12-months. You will be able to subscribe in-app for £9.99

4. Ant Adam
    Posted April 24, 2012 at 5:24 pm | Permalink

I have been pondering this a while and now there’s effectively a years free trial, I am considering it even more. The only thing that puts me off is the cost of internet usage on mobile devices and you haven’t said how much bandwidth is consumed on say a 1 hour journey, a 3 hour journey, etc. This is a big deciding factor for me because if it eats bandwidth at a high rate, it just may not be so cost effective even if free. Any chance of some stats on this?

• Christian
      Posted April 25, 2012 at 12:09 pm | Permalink

Good question! This is really how long is a piece of string question. If you are driving for an hour (roughly 50 miles) then it’s going to use ~160kb of data. However it all depends on how much traffic there is on your route, how far you’re driving and whether you are driving into a lot of traffic hot spots.

Based on 8 hours driving a day, 5 days a week for 4 weeks (20 days) the above then an average customer would use 160kb * 8 hours a day * 5 days * (20 working days) = 131,072,000 bytes or 131 MB. For an average commute of 2 hours a day you would use up 160kb * 2 hours a day * 5 days * (20 working days) = 32,768,000 bytes or 32 MB.

5. alastair lever
    Posted April 24, 2012 at 5:37 pm | Permalink

how do i update on itunes. It only seems to give me the option of buying copilot all over again.
    Is this a free upgrade?

• Christian
      Posted April 25, 2012 at 12:04 pm | Permalink

Make sure you are signed in with the same Apple ID (email address) as when you purchased the app. If you have CoPilot Live app on your iPhone right now, go to the App Store app, tap Updates and update from there.

6. James
    Posted April 25, 2012 at 3:50 pm | Permalink

Thanks for this. I’ve just installed it on my HTC Sensation. However, whenever I try and plan a route now, it says “General Alloc Failure – There is not enough memory to run CoPilot. CoPilot will Exit.” It was running fine just before I installed this update – does this require a significant amount more memory with the traffic installed? If I turn off traffic, it starts working again.

7. Fausto
    Posted May 7, 2012 at 1:20 am | Permalink

Sorry if I’m slow but I don’t get how to update the copilot live Europe (the 2gb version) I have on my nexus s.
    The inapp notice says to download package from this website but I cant see where.
    Other thing I quite scared to face licence problems if I’m uninstalling the version I have in order to replace it with 9.1.0.283 version… or its just an overwrite without uninstalling first?
    As someone already suggested, this kind of updates have to be done inapp…

• Christian
      Posted May 8, 2012 at 10:15 am | Permalink

Hi there. Did you purchase the app from the CoPilot web store?

• Fausto
        Posted May 12, 2012 at 2:23 am | Permalink

Nice question.
        I’m fairly sure I bought it from the Google store… I’won’t bet my life on this.
        I guess you can track me down using the mail I’ve provided here.

• Christian
          Posted May 14, 2012 at 10:03 am | Permalink

Open the Google Play store app on your Android device, and go to ‘My Apps’ and see if an update is available for your CoPilot app. If it is, update. If you don’t see it there and you purchased the app from the CoPilot store then update the CoPilot Live Premium Android app by downloading the latest APK installer at http://www.copilotlive.com/setup/

• Fausto
            Posted May 17, 2012 at 9:08 pm | Permalink

In the it was from.the website and not from the market.
            All worked.as per.your instructions.
            Thank you very much!

8. Gideon Forder
    Posted May 20, 2012 at 2:12 pm | Permalink

i have a problem with my active traffic on iphone. i have 12 months free active traffic and a notification in the copilot app for another 12 months free but i cant activate it. i had a couple of emails regarding this problem but still not working. what else can i do??

9. Big Red
    Posted July 2, 2012 at 6:19 pm | Permalink

Hi,

Is this still valid? I’ve updated to the latest version but I can’t see the free active traffic option?

Shame if i’ve missed it, wanted to try the active traffic for a while and see if it works well in the new version!

Thanks

Red

10. Joseph
    Posted July 25, 2012 at 12:43 pm | Permalink

I have copilot europe on my iphone4s Can i use it with the same licence on my new Galaxy 3???

11. Adam
    Posted October 6, 2012 at 7:23 am | Permalink

I have purchased the latest version, but I am asked to pay for the Active Traffic add in. Can you help? CoPilot was purchased via Google Play.

12. Alex
    Posted October 11, 2012 at 11:13 am | Permalink

Hi, today I got the “CoPilot Live Premium Europe” from Android Market / Play for my HTC One X.

I can not get Active Traffic … I keep getting this error message:

There are no products available for purchase at this time. [-300]

Please help,
    Cheers.

13. Mittaa
    Posted October 15, 2012 at 8:05 pm | Permalink

Same problem but related to Themes ..
    I can see some Theme items for sale (small golden locks) … but pushing the button always return this error msg “There are no products available for purchase at this time. [-300]”

PLS some explanation thanks :)

14. Rafiq
    Posted November 1, 2012 at 4:18 pm | Permalink

Purchases copilot with europe maps for android.
    Active traffic shows up as a ‘Buy Now’ option, and not as a free download.

To get your 12 Months FREE ActiveTraffic service, simply tap MyCoPilot > Features & Upgrades, choose Free ActiveTraffic and enjoy a lot less time in traffic!

15. mike coleman
    Posted December 16, 2012 at 4:53 pm | Permalink

I just purchased Co-Pilot UK for my Galaxy Note 2.
    Supposed to be a year’s free traffic information included.
    Doesn’t seem to be true.
    Please explain this anomaly?
    Regards,
    Mike Coleman

16. Mr D Sheppard
    Posted December 18, 2012 at 4:30 pm | Permalink

On trying to activate my Free ActiveTraffic service, I get error detected in CoPilot Store. Unable to complete actions at this time [700].
    I do have the Premium App

17. pixie dust
    Posted December 19, 2012 at 2:20 am | Permalink

Why is the US & Canada one so much cheaper?

The UK one should be £9.99 on that scale.
    Not £24.99.

• David // CoPilot Live Marketing
      Posted December 21, 2012 at 9:54 am | Permalink

Hi – the reason for the price difference is simply due to the cost of the maps we use in each region. We use NAVTEQ maps in Europe which are the same as you’d find in an in-dash system. They are not only the best sat nav maps available, but also the most expensive. CoPilot is actually about the cheapest NAVTEQ-based full-featured sat nav app on the market.
      That said, our US apps are extremely good value.

18. Chris Banner
    Posted December 28, 2012 at 11:47 am | Permalink

On trying to activate my Free Active Traffic, 12 months of use for free, I get a message ‘Error detected in CoPilot Store. Unable to complete actions at this time. (-602).
    I have CoPilot Live Premium and have had the Active Traffic app before, looks like it finished a few weeks ago without me knowing.
    What does the 602 error mean and what do I do now to get my Free app.
    Thanks

19. Ted Gore
    Posted January 7, 2013 at 12:21 pm | Permalink

I cannot find a ‘Free Active Traffic’ option under Features and Upgrades.
    Choosing ‘Active Traffic’ takes me to a screen which wants to charge me £5.99 for this information.

Advice please.

20. Lorenzo
    Posted February 20, 2013 at 9:17 pm | Permalink

Hi,

I’ve bought 12 month traffic for my Copilot Live for IPhone 5 but I can’t get any extra 12 months. Why? Please send me an advice!!!

21. Michael Slater
    Posted March 4, 2013 at 8:16 am | Permalink

I have just purchased a large motor home and would like to upgrade my live premium Europe to Truck Europe, is this possible? Also is it possible to import KML files into Copilot?
    Thanks
    Michael

22. Martina
    Posted March 7, 2013 at 4:41 pm | Permalink

I just bought and installed CoPilot Live Premium App but when I try to download the “12 Months FREE ActiveTraffic” I only have the option to buy it and no option to download it for free?

23. Chris
    Posted March 13, 2013 at 8:34 pm | Permalink

As I couldnt find a contact email address or telephone number I thought I better post
    my question here.

Any plans to release CoPilot on the Blackberry 10 platform?

Thanks
    Chris

24. Denver Baxter-Smith
    Posted April 8, 2013 at 7:01 pm | Permalink

When I originally purchased CoPilot Live I also paid for the additional ActiveTraffic facility. CoPilot then put on offer which gave current users of the facility and additional twelve months cover thus effectively its use for two years. Now, you release another offer with the same promise after approximately twelve months which is demanding that I make an additional payment for the facility. Even though I feel that your service is excellent treating your customers in this fashion is sadly a disgrace.

25. Denver Baxter-Smith
    Posted April 8, 2013 at 7:12 pm | Permalink

Well great! I’m willing to pay for your service having said what I have above only to find that on selecting ‘Buy Now’ I get ‘Error’ No connection!! WHY???

26. Denver Baxter-Smith
    Posted April 8, 2013 at 11:11 pm | Permalink

I have just tried the following suggestion mentioned above ‘Simply download the latest CoPilot Live Premium app update from the App Store or Android Market. Then, start your CoPilot Live Premium and follow the instructions in-app to activate ActiveTraffic.

The problem is that that the re-uploaded app requires my Email address and Password but will not allow be to input the Email address in full it will only allow a @gmail. com with a gap after the ‘.’ if I close the gap it removes the ‘l’. Why??

• David // CoPilot Live Marketing
      Posted April 9, 2013 at 9:58 am | Permalink

Hi Denver, it sounds like you have encountered a problem relating to an Android keyboard add-on. There is currently a known issue with the popular Swiftkey Android keyboard following their recent update. This is likely making it tough for you enter your email address. We are working on a fix, however in the meantime please can you switch to the standard Android keyboard to complete your CoPilot setup.

If you are still experiencing difficulties please contact our tech support team at http://www.copilotlive.com/support (you can post a question on the forum there or open a support ticket).
      Many thanks,
      David

• Denver Baxter-Smith
        Posted April 9, 2013 at 12:29 pm | Permalink

Thank you for the fast reply. I suspect that you are probably correct with this. I will keep my fingers crossed!

• Denver Baxter-Smith
          Posted April 11, 2013 at 12:07 am | Permalink

To anyone who might read this the following just may be of help. David was quite correct about the Keyboard, so beware of that one. But what I have found through this is the following: I uninstalled and re-installed CoPilot in the belief that if there had been any change to the core program an update would not do any harm. I then found that I was requested to create a new account or log on. I chose log on as I already have an account! But the system refused to recognize my Email ID, even when I was able to access my account and confirm that the two matched. In the process of trying to find out why this was the case the following line of wisdom was provided ‘Please make sure you select the “create new CoPilot ID” option during activation’!! This simple but simple but unintuitive choice resolved my problem. To conclude the following is also important I was able to activate the free ‘Active Traffic’ facility from “MyCoPilot/Features & Upgrades/Free Active Traffic” which showed as an entitlement. Good Luck!!!

27. Neil
    Posted May 7, 2013 at 2:37 pm | Permalink

Recently purchased full version via Google play but only have the option to purchase active traffic for £7.99 no free option.
    I do feel like I have been misled.

Advise please.

• Pauliina
      Posted May 9, 2013 at 11:47 am | Permalink

Hello Neil, could you please contact our customer service? They are able to help you in more detail. Thank you!

• Neil
        Posted May 9, 2013 at 4:50 pm | Permalink

Sorry this was sort of my own fault.
        For anyone reading this note that the in app upgrade installs CoPilot GPS not CoPilot Live Premium.
        You only get Free Traffic with Premium.
        The guys on the support desk are excellent and have sorted it out for me.

Would still recommend.

28. Sander
    Posted May 26, 2013 at 9:25 pm | Permalink

I’m seriously considering buying the Alk CoPilot Live Premium Europe App over the TomTom Europe app. The only thing that keeps me wondering is where the traffic information for Belgium is pulled? I used to have a TomTom that had great live traffic information for Belgium so I am wondering what source you are using for Belgian traffic information (since we are notorious for traffic jams when you have to commute, this is an extremely valuable feature)?

Could you help me out on this?

Thanks in advance!