CoPilot Live v8 (UK & Ireland) iPhone app update now available

As we mentioned late last month, a CoPilot Live v8 (UK & Ireland) for iPhone app update was imminent.

Well, we are delighted to announce that Apple have approved the update and it’s available on the app store right now.

This latest release brings completely updated street maps and POIs from our map provider NAVTEQ – and its FREE for all customers. It also brings speed limit warnings to many more roads than before, so you’ll be even less likely to accidentally stray over the limit on unfamiliar roads.

And this is not the end of the story for our v8 customers either. We will have further update announcements soon – watch this space.

For now, we hope you enjoy the update. Happy travels!

This entry was posted in CoPilot for iPhone & iPad. Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. Eric Arbuckle
    Posted January 23, 2012 at 9:21 pm | Permalink

Hi, I have been using CoPilot version 8 for a year now and been generally pleased with it’s map accuracy. In December as no update was announced I then purchased your Premium version which has a few more bells and whistles but I prefer the more uncluttered screen of V8. Now to my annoyance you have updated V8. I would have preferred to stick with V8 so please in the future could you inform your customers of any forthcoming updates and not just issue another version at the customer’s cost. How can your customer’s inform/amend any map inaccuracies? That would be helpful. Regards, Eric.

• Christian
      Posted January 26, 2012 at 10:35 am | Permalink

CoPilot Live Premium is the newer app and has some great updates coming soon exclusively to Premium customers.

2. Will
    Posted January 25, 2012 at 6:48 pm | Permalink

Hi, I’ve used copilot live version8 Europe edition happily on my iPhone for a number of years now. I have an iPhone 4 which I’ve updated to ios 5.0. Unfortunately I’m unable to get a gps lock at all using copilot now. I’ve reset my iPhone, uninstalled / reinstalled and still no joy. Google maps however picks up a gps lock in no time so this must be an issue with copilot. Please can you at least give your loyal customers an indication of when you might be releasing an update? You’ve already released an update for the UK version which I presume resolves the issue so please get this sorted on the more expensive version of the product (why wasn’t Europe edition done first?!) Also, you don’t reply to any tweets on send your support account on twitter. Why is that?

• Helen Wadsworth
      Posted January 30, 2012 at 8:12 pm | Permalink

I have the iphone 4 and can’t download latest update for copilot which is really a pain – message keeps saying it coPilot Live UK & Ireland could not be downloaded at this time – tried so many times and need it for tomorrow but support has not answered the issue – anyone with any ideas – on iOS5 with the iPhone 4

• Christian
        Posted January 31, 2012 at 10:44 am | Permalink

Hi Helen. Please try downloading it from iTunes on your computer and then syncing over to your iPhone. Alternatively if you have already tried that, please try downloading it directly to your iPhone. We highly recommend you do this with a wi-fi connection. Please make sure you have enough room to download and install on your device (you would need around 750MB free at least on your iPhone).

3. michaela
    Posted March 18, 2012 at 9:05 pm | Permalink

i have been using this application for over 2 years and have been very pleased with it, but all of a sudden…it just doesn’t work….it takes forever to load on my iphone, and now cannot determine current location or connect to a satellite. what should i do? cancel the app and re -install it? will i have to pay again?

One Trackback