CoPilot Live Premium app improvements based on user feedback!

We would like to thank everyone who’s given us such great feedback since we launched CoPilot Live Premium earlier this year.

Our developers are continually working to improve your navigation experience, and a lot of what we do is based directly on your comments and suggestions.

So, our  final update of 2011 is here. In addition to updated street maps, our latest app update introduces a number of the most popular features requested by customers, as well as a few of our own that we think you will like.

New in our latest CoPilot Live Premium app update:

• 1. Power saving mode – This saves battery life by reducing how frequently the map display is refreshed when navigating – essential when you forget your in-car charger!
  • 2. Points of Interest alerts - A very popular request, CoPilot Live Premium can now display an on-screen alert when you approach particular types of points of interest.
  • 3. Music Player (iOS only) – we’ve integrated music controls within the app so you can play your favourite songs more easily and safely.
  • 4. Improved “Just drive” mode – many users have told us that they like to use their CoPilot without entering a destination. We’ve improved how this works so you can now view the map, get your bearings and receive speed limit / camera alerts without having to calculate a route.
  • 5. Greater control over route calculation. A new fastest vs. shortest route setting makes it easier and clearer to control which way to go.
  • 6. Ice Cream Sandwich full compatibility for Android users

In addition, we’ve made various improvements to performance, translations and other items.

If you like this update, don’t forget to leave a comment or update your review on the  App Store or on the Android Market. Let the others know your thoughts!

Customers who purchased from the AppStore: The update is available now via iTunes. Click on App Stores > Updates and then Update next to CoPilot Live Premium app.

Customers who purchased from AndroidMarket:  Click on My Apps and then the Update next to CoPilot Live Premium app.

Customers who purchased from the CoPilot Webstore: Visit copilotlive.com/setup/ on your Android smartphone / tablet to download the new update directly to your device.

This entry was posted in CoPilot for Android, CoPilot for iPhone & iPad. Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. Sjur
    Posted December 14, 2011 at 2:49 pm | Permalink

Great! Only problem is that I can’t see the update…
    I have Live Premium Western Europe, bought on Android market.

• Helene
      Posted December 14, 2011 at 3:09 pm | Permalink

Hi Sjur, the West Eu update for Android is still not live, just fixing a map server issue, should be solved and available asap – sorry for the inconvenience – we’ll keep you posted

• Sjur
        Posted December 14, 2011 at 7:34 pm | Permalink

Thanks, I’m waiting impatiently :)

2. Mike Whitaker
    Posted December 14, 2011 at 4:11 pm | Permalink

Next time you upgrade the Sound preferences of the Premium app, could you look at providing the following? :D

1) as well as the various lower/kill the volume of music during alerts, how about ‘pause if genre=Podcast’ during alerts? :D
    2) please can I have a way of setting the relative volume of iTunes and CoPilot? I keep getting deafened by alerts!

3. Ben Martin
    Posted December 14, 2011 at 4:16 pm | Permalink

I bought Co-Pilot Live for iPhone a while back and it’s never worked. Still using Live 8. I deleted Co-Pilot Live today as I was totally fed up with it.

• John Stych
      Posted December 14, 2011 at 4:25 pm | Permalink

Co-pilot Live works on my Iphone

4. Tom
    Posted December 14, 2011 at 6:20 pm | Permalink

CoPilot Live Premium customers with Europe map version of the apps can now choose which maps to store on their device and download just the regions you actually need.
    How can I manage this?I dont know where to find it on my iphone.

5. Sjur
    Posted December 14, 2011 at 7:02 pm | Permalink

Tom, go to the main menu, then to My CoPilot, and and then My Maps.

6. Dave E
    Posted December 14, 2011 at 9:12 pm | Permalink

Hi,
    Great app..
    Can I ask how you / can you fix the ‘mute’ on directions so that it stays OFF once selected… Everytime I receive a call, it seems to re-set itself to normal volume

Thanx

• Flying Flanders
      Posted December 15, 2011 at 11:03 pm | Permalink

Totally agree, this is really annoying!
      AND VERY DANGEROUS
      every time it happens I have to go through all the menus to mute it again.
      Guess what most people aren’t concentrating on whilst doing that???!!
      (member of the Institute of Advanced Drivers)
      Otherwise- great product for the price point but please concentrate on the IMPORTANT fixes first.
      PS This latest version crashes a lot more than before (iPhone 4S iOS5)

• Helene
        Posted December 16, 2011 at 11:18 am | Permalink

Hi,

Please uninstall and reinstall the app, it should fix your crashes, we haven’t got any report of crashed on iPhone 4S. I’ll report your comment about the Mute options to our dev team. Thanks!

7. Mittaa
    Posted December 14, 2011 at 10:03 pm | Permalink

No new maps yet on Android phone!
    Wil it come later? And do I get it from inside map manager secton of Copilot?

8. Siamak
    Posted December 14, 2011 at 10:47 pm | Permalink

Help! I received an update notification in the app store, and the accompanying instructions said to delete the current version of the app before updating to the new one. I did this and then the update icon in the App Store disappeared and my only option seems to be buying the app again, which I obviously don’t want to do. I had Copilot Live Premium on an iPhone 4. Please let me know what to do to get my update. Thanks!

9. Shane
    Posted December 14, 2011 at 11:53 pm | Permalink

Latest update says Ice Cream Sandwich full compatibility for Android users, but still not working on my Galaxy Nexus running Android 4.0.1 ICS, just displays splash screen and returns to the phones home screen. Is there anything I can check on my phone that might be causing the problem?

10. graeme Atkinson
    Posted December 15, 2011 at 1:41 am | Permalink

I purchased BMW link for iPhone. Which is actually co pilot. Do I get the update?

• Helene
      Posted December 15, 2011 at 12:04 pm | Permalink

Hi Graeme, sorry but only CoPilot Live Apps get the update.

11. Steve Norris
    Posted December 15, 2011 at 9:05 am | Permalink

I have had the same issue as another person. Apple App store the app said delete the app on your phone first before installing this version. I did this and now Apple have charged me again for the app I had before at £24.99. I am contacting Apple to demand a refund somebody at ALK screwed up with their instructions please sort this out

12. Sjur
    Posted December 15, 2011 at 10:00 am | Permalink

There is still no update for my CoPilot on the market….

13. Clive Knightley
    Posted December 17, 2011 at 1:25 pm | Permalink

Great update, but lost saved My Places (not a major issue), and ActiveTraffic no longer works (definitely a major issue!!). Confirms I’m subscribed, but still doesn’t seem to work…

• Helene
      Posted December 19, 2011 at 9:37 am | Permalink

Hi Clive, go to MyCoPilot>Features & Upgrades> Restore

14. Steve Clark
    Posted December 20, 2011 at 4:13 pm | Permalink

Having upgraded to co pilot 8 with Europe maps for my Windows Mobile 6.x, I then made the mistake of upgrading my phone to Windows Phone 7. Do you have any plans to offer an app for this or is there any way I can retrieve my co pilot 8?

• Helene
      Posted December 21, 2011 at 9:23 am | Permalink

Hi Steve, we don’t support Windows Phone 7 and have no development plans for this platform.

15. Nobby Clark
    Posted December 20, 2011 at 8:31 pm | Permalink

I have co pilot live on iPhone, it’s great and have no problems, I need full euro cover now and want to know if using co pilot premium whilst out of the uk will send my phone bill sky high, please help ??

• Helene
      Posted December 21, 2011 at 9:33 am | Permalink

Hi Nobby, You can travel abroad safely. The maps are stored in your phone so no roaming charges when out of the UK. You can use it like at home.

16. Susan Dickie
    Posted December 20, 2011 at 9:55 pm | Permalink

We were driving to an airport today and needed an alternate petrol station. The regular one had run out of diesel. Turned on Co-Pilot and got the message that the way you get maps has changed. Needed a 5 MB download in a place where we ranged mostly between zip and little o. Thanks a lot. Don’t give me surprises when I’m on the road.

• Helene
      Posted December 21, 2011 at 9:38 am | Permalink

Hi Susan, it is clearly mentioned on the app update and app description that we changed the way the EU app is. If you selected automatic updates, you may not have seen it. If you update your apps manually, then you should have received the message.

17. Neil W
    Posted December 22, 2011 at 12:51 pm | Permalink

HELP. I curently have installed CoPilot Live Premium V9.1.0.161. Android Market invites me to update to V9.1.0.203. Downloads 19.38MB, 100%, I then receive the following Notification. Download was unsuccessful, please try again. have repeated several times with the same results.
    Help

• neil W
      Posted December 22, 2011 at 7:01 pm | Permalink

Fixed. Uninstalled, shutdown android, restarted android. re-installed copilot live via android market and re-installed. all now ok.

18. Enno
    Posted December 22, 2011 at 5:00 pm | Permalink

Is is possible to load/buy the maps from the other regions? i.e. I have the Australian CoPilot but would like the German maps when I go to visit the relatives. Similarly when on business in the US it would be handy if my satnav had the US maps available without if possible having to download the same program 3 times.

E.

19. Clive
    Posted December 22, 2011 at 7:57 pm | Permalink

Why is this au$29.99 for iphone and au$51.99 for android? You can keep it!!!!!!

20. Mark
    Posted January 9, 2012 at 7:00 am | Permalink

Hey its great to have an update but I am surprised that you havent added alerts for fixed speed cameras for Australia. Now this I would pay for but what you have added is of no real interest. The other option I am surprised you dont have is hands free voice inputs. Pretty essentail when you are driving and need to make a change to the route or even set te route because you just got lost.