With the current cold snapÂ embracing theÂ UK forÂ the nextÂ fortnight at least,Â our thoughtsÂ turned to the fun stuff that winterÂ heralds. Top of the list in most cases, was the next skiing trip.
Whether your destination is Val dâ€™IseresÂ or Austria, donâ€™t forget your CoPilot Live.Â Â Our European editionÂ will give you direction from your door to chalet, hotel or apartment thanks to itsÂ intuitive address entry and seamless, cross-boarder mapping.Â
If North America is your winter destination of choice,Â then you might want to consider our ThanksgivingÂ promotion, with CoPilot Live North AmericaÂ currently available for just ÂŁ5.99 (USA+Canada). This will get youÂ from theÂ airport to theÂ slopes of Whistler andÂ beyond.
Whereever you choose to ski,Â CoPilot Live maps are stored on boardÂ so there’s no subscription or escalating mobile data chargesÂ to distract you fromÂ the important business on the blue and black runs.Â
And if you areÂ planingÂ to ski-drive, here’s a reminder of someÂ precautionary measures to keep it safe:
- Add the proper amount of antifreeze to the engine coolant.
- Check the battery to make sure you have ample power for cold winter starts.
- Check your brakes.
- Check the heater and defroster.
- Change your oil.
- Use the right windshield fluid.
- Prepare your tyresÂ and pack tyre chains.
- Take along emergency supplies: flashlight, blanket, sand or salt, and an ice scraper are indispensable.
- Always have a first-aid kit.
- Make sure you have a suitable in-carÂ mobile phone charger, and your deviceÂ loaded with CoPilot LiveÂ