CoPilot Live for Android – Update Now Available

We have just released our latest CoPilot Live for Android app update. It brings a number of improvements and enhancements, mostly based on customer feedback. These include improved audio support for Bluetooth car kits and (for devices running Android OS v2.2), the ability to run CoPilot Live from a memory card.

Run from SD If your phone (or tablet device) is running Android OS version 2.2 ‘Froyo’ you can now run CoPilot Live directly from a memory card to free-up memory space on your phone. Instructions for setting this up may vary depending on your phone, but here’s a typical example that should work for most devices:

• On your phone, go to: Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > (CoPilot Live app name)
  • Select Move to SD card (or similar). Alternatively if CoPilot Live is already installed on the SD card you can choose to Move to phone
  • Please note Run from SD is not available for phones with Android OS version 2.1 or earlier

Improved audio performance for Bluetooth car kits. CoPilot Live spoken instructions will now be heard only through the car kit’s speaker (as opposed to the device and car kit).

More reliable map downloading. We have fixed an issue relating to map-unpacking that was causing installation errors for some customers.

Get the update! The new update is available now for download from Android Market. If you purchased CoPilot Live directly from the CoPilot Live web store you can download the update from www.copilotlive.com/androidinstall

This entry was posted in CoPilot for Android and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. Marco Gulino
    Posted November 9, 2010 at 9:44 am | Permalink

Nice… welcome apps2sd….
    But why do you need to save all application data to internal memory?
    It’s still 9.73 MB (!!!) of data!
    Thanks!
    Marco

• Carl
      Posted November 13, 2010 at 9:04 am | Permalink

Just upgraded moved to SD do would have expected to have a lot more free internal memory. What I would still love to see is navigate via contacts.

• Pontus
      Posted November 18, 2010 at 7:54 am | Permalink

Agree. Good first attempt, but you must have forgotten the data. Ten MB’s is a lot of space on an HTC Desire. For me, this ranks even higher than Contacts integration.

2. Rich
    Posted November 10, 2010 at 4:07 am | Permalink

Thanks for the app2sd, and the menus seem to respond better.

Finally, has the problem with the importing of multiple poi (ie speed camera databases) been fixed yet? Just a bit annoying i have to install them one at a time

Thanks

3. JJJ
    Posted November 10, 2010 at 4:31 am | Permalink

First of all, i’m sorry for my bad english.
    Thank you for move to sd .
    It is possible to have the search of the POI next to the destination choise ( car park for example, if the destination is in a restricted area ) ?
    It is possible to have the search of the POI not only in the city area but next to the address ?
    Also , it is possible to extend the indication of turn , under the 150 meters to avoid the justahead ( 50 meters, next to … )?

Thanks in advance and good job

4. charlie
    Posted November 10, 2010 at 4:31 pm | Permalink

Hello ,

Is there any plan to be able to add more voices or IQ type routes. Also I get frustrated with traffic updates that warn me about roadworks which are not on my route but nearby. perhaps a dynamic re route setting could be done. The bar at the side is also too thin and needs a larger button to pop up, to adjust when driving.

Apart from that I am very impressed with the cost and quality of this product keep up the good work

5. tanveer
    Posted November 15, 2010 at 2:20 am | Permalink

I run copilot live onmy htc hero android os 2.1 – the automatic update has resulted in not being able to run copilot – now i don’t know if it’s a problem with my phone but suspect it’s an upgrade issue – resulted in being lost in Cardiff!! tried the ususal of reinstalling etc. e-mailed support but still waiting for response – pretty cheesed off at the moment as I would have expected better testing/development !!

• Tim Sergent // Marketing & Communications Manager
      Posted November 17, 2010 at 2:13 am | Permalink

Hi Joey

Think part of the issue might be installing the update on a device with 2.1. I’ll check in with the support team to check this though.

6. Bhavin66
    Posted November 16, 2010 at 7:40 pm | Permalink

One major flaw i found with this app. I cannot use it just to look up my location and the surrounding area.

• Tim Sergent // Marketing & Communications Manager
      Posted November 17, 2010 at 2:20 am | Permalink

hi there

Once CoPilot Live has established a GPS signal it should show you a map of your local area. Is it not doing this?

• Andy
        Posted November 17, 2010 at 7:41 am | Permalink

I bought Traffic for my WM6.5 HD2. It has only ever shown the narrow lanes on the nearby M6. It doesn’t seem to have noticed anything new in the 9 months I’ve had it. The fuel prices change but the petrol stations shown near my house don’t actually exist. incidentally, I haven’t had a single map update either. That’s a shame since the roads near my workplace were wrong when I bought the program. Perhaps it’s a WM thing, though WM6 phones are still being sold. Perhaps it’s a problem with pre-installed applications. Whatever, CoPilot, in my experience,is out of date, and always has been..

7. Joost
    Posted November 23, 2010 at 5:14 am | Permalink

Ive tried out several navigation apps on my android and Copilot is probably the best match for me. The simple feature to be able to chose what to show in the bottom bar is awesome.
    The biggest flaw is the huge chunk of precious memory it uses, so I was eagerly awaiting your app2sd integration. Marco Gulino’s comment about mem usage of 9MB is still a bit too much for me though.. so I guess Ill stick to Google navigation for now until you can get it to around 5mb. (Sygic can get their Aura to use only 3.8mb, which was the smallest navigation app I found)

Fyi. a htc desire only has 140mb of memory for apps.. so if an app thinks it can just claim 10% of that, its a no go for me.

But you definitely made a good step by supporting app2sd! And I like your app.. just please please make it a little less taxing on mem.

• Tim Sergent // Marketing & Communications Manager
      Posted November 24, 2010 at 2:53 am | Permalink

Hi Joost

Thanks for the feedback which I’ll pass on to our development team

Regards

TS

8. Nafz
    Posted November 23, 2010 at 6:25 am | Permalink

Hi,

I’ve been using CoPilot since February, and it has been excellent – My friends and colleagues have been so impressed with it that many of them are considering purchasing the application too.

However, since I installed this latest update, I have no longer been able to use it – An Error (703) keeps coming up, saying ‘Sorry! Your CoPilot Trial Has Expired!’. I have contacted CoPilot Support more than once, and received no response. I did not expect this, as I have paid for the full version and it’s been working like a gem up until now.

I even tried uninstalling it, deleting all related folders off my SD Card, and reinstalling it from the Android Market Place, but I still can’t get past the Google Checkout Order ID Screen. And CoPilot Central 2.0 does not recognise my device either.

Please could you advise me on how to resolve this problem. As I use it on a daily basis, I would appreciate it if you could respond as soon as possible.

Many thanks.