Trip or Tweet with CoPilot Live this Halloween.

With Halloween just a week away, we’re getting into the spooky spirit with our CoPilot Live Halloween Trip or Tweet Contest.  In  ‘Trip’, tell us about the your most frightening journey. It could be ghostly happenings on a regular drive,  a bump in the night or a terrifying trip through an unknown city or country. It’s up to you – just post your comments here on our blog or on our Facebook page and we’ll award what we think is the scariest with a copy of CoPilot Live on Friday 29th.

Anyone can enter, so get your friends and family posting!

Taking part in our Twitter competition couldn’t be simpler – Retweet the phrase ‘I’m following #CoPilot Live this #Halloween for a less frightening journey’ and you’ll be automatically entered into our prize software draw. Again the winners will be announced on Friday.

So for chances to win, get posting and tweeting!

Good luck!

The CoPilot Live Team

This entry was posted in Competitions and tagged . Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. Peter Gates
    Posted October 25, 2010 at 9:29 am | Permalink

Not particularly spooky but I once had to take a rail replacement bus across the Pennines from Sheffield to Manchester because of flooding. This bus was ancient and the windscreen wipers continually stopped working in the torrential rain. Rather than stop to fix them though, the driver decided to lean out of his side window and reach round to get them going again.
    Given that there was a sheer drop into the valley just to our right, my heart was in my mouth for most of that journey!

2. Chris Murphy
    Posted October 25, 2010 at 3:38 pm | Permalink

Traveling on Holiday in the Pyrenees using a competitors sat nav system. I Foolishly decided to use “shortest” which took me down the narrowest road ever with 500 foot drop off to the side and no retaining wall. Another car appeared heading in the opposite direction and I moved over a fraction to let them pass. Our car lurched slightly as the front wheel went just slightly over the edge of the precipice. My wife and children got out of the car telling me it was too dangerous and that I needed to sort it out quickly. I remember closing my eyes turning the wheel and saying a few words to the person upstairs. It worked, but I was banned from using “shortest” ever again.

3. Tim Sergent // Marketing & Communications Manager
    Posted October 26, 2010 at 1:26 am | Permalink

Hi Chris and Peter

Both of those experiences fit nicely into what I would describe as the terrifying catergory! Thanks for your submissions. You may want to check out our US Blog as well where there are further spooky goings on!

4. FleetfootMike
    Posted October 26, 2010 at 3:20 am | Permalink

Terrifying? That would be driving back from Buxton to Peterborough down the A1 at 1am, with CoPilot for company… getting to the 20-miles-with-no-voice-prompts section…

…and waking up driving through bonnet-high grass on the verge. I can personally attest that sheer and absolute terror wakes you up in pretty short order, and makes you recite the opening scene of “Four Weddings and a Funeral” very rapidly while regaining control of the car.

On a serious note – I’m very well aware that I’m extremely lucky that all I got was a very nasty fright and half a ton of grass in my radiator grille, rather than at best an airbag in the face and a very bent car, and at worst never waking up again.

Don’t drive tired, folks. It just isn’t worth it.

Although – suggestion for the CoPilot folks: on long stretches with no directions, random cheerful commments from the nice lady in the phone just to keep you on your toes?

5. Nick
    Posted October 27, 2010 at 6:24 am | Permalink

Changing a tyre on the Leeds road in Bradford.

6. Peter Gates
    Posted October 28, 2010 at 9:02 am | Permalink

I’ve been trying to think of a spooky trip and the closest I can remember is with my family when I was about ten years old.

We were driving back home after a holiday in Pwllheli in North Wales and for one reason or another had left a bit later than we would have wanted to. My memory is that we were driving on empty roads through the high moorland of Snowdonia in the fading light when we suddenly drove into thick fog. Visibility reduced to just a few feet and all around us was swirling, grey mist. My dad vainly turned the headlights to full but they couldn’t pierce the haze. My window was open a little and through it came small wisps of fog – grey tendrils curling over the glass. We had slowed to a crawl, hoping to come out into the clear soon and I was kneeling on the seat with my face pressed up against the window, trying as hard as I could to make out some shape in the miasma but I couldn’t – I could barely see the white lines in the road directly below us and I watched them slowly tick past when suddenly BADABADABADABADA!!! A huge noise roared through the air and the car shook. My sister shrieked and I swear my heart stopped for a second and then as quickly as it had happened, it was gone.

It turned out that we had driven over a cattle grid in the road but I think that a combination of us driving so slowly and being in a state of heightened awareness meant that we felt as though a bomb had just hit us!

• Tim Sergent // Marketing & Communications Manager
      Posted October 28, 2010 at 9:11 am | Permalink

Nice one, Peter! Certainly had me leaning forward in my chair!

One Trackback