Free CoPilot Live v8 update for HTC HD2 now available

We’re pleased to announce the release of a new update of CoPilot Live v8 for HTC HD2.

HTC’s HD2 comes with a trial version of v8 pre-installed on the ROM in many regions. We have worked with HTC to fully integrate CoPilot Live with some of the phone’s features, including Footprints and Navipanel. It’s taken us a little longer to release this version compared with the standard version, as we needed to make sure that all of the custom features are fully supported.

Available to download immediately, the HD2 software update brings some new features (including free Live Local Search), enhancements and minor fixes. It is now also compatible with premium live services and TTS (available to purchase separately).

New in the CoPilot Live v8 software update for HTC HD2:

• Free Live Local Search* – Find any product, service or brand in your immediate location
  • Improved timing of turn instructions
  • The ability to turn-off the ‘Welcome to CoPilot’ greeting at start-up
  • Optional Premium Live Services: access real-time Traffic and Fuel prices directly from within CoPilot Live on your HD2
  • Optional Text to Speech voice directions: receive detailed spoken turn instructions with road and street names pronounced in full

Click here for the download and installation instructions.

*Requires a mobile internet connection and currently available in the UK, Germany, France, Spain, Italy, the US and Canada.

This entry was posted in CoPilot for Windows Mobile. Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. Ken Oliver
    Posted March 22, 2010 at 6:37 am | Permalink

Great update just installed it without a problem and upgraded to text to speech for a one of fee of £3.59 for life, thanks for a great update to an already top class product just would not be without Co-Pilot on my HD2, thinking of upgrading to live services soon

Regards
    Ken Oliver

2. asbhand
    Posted March 22, 2010 at 7:33 am | Permalink

I have a HD2 with pre-installed Copilot v8 (trial version). When will update be available for Norway?

3. Posted March 22, 2010 at 3:26 pm | Permalink

I think this write up was actually a awesome kick off to a potential series of write ups about this topic. A lot of people pretend to comprehend what they’re writing about when it comes to this stuff and really, hardly anyone actually get it. You seem to know about it though, so I think you need to take it and run. Thanks!

4. aiwama
    Posted March 23, 2010 at 12:07 pm | Permalink

Hi there. I have just installed the update to my HD2. After many happy trips with Tom Tom, I have been using CP for almost 3 years now. Upgraded to CP8 immediately when it came out last year, and have never been happier; it is, by far, the best mobile product you can have (I am not even going to mention the unparalleded price!). But have just noticed that:
    1. Live Traffic is greyed out (not able to buy it)
    2. Text to Speech is not present (where do I find it?)
    3. Still waiting for the long promised QWERTY keyboard!!! C’mon CP people, hurry up!!!

5. aiwama
    Posted March 23, 2010 at 12:53 pm | Permalink

Hi again. Please, forget the two first questions above. But the third stands! Give us back our beloved QWERTY keyboard! Thanks.

6. Doug
    Posted March 24, 2010 at 6:18 am | Permalink

Hi There

Sounds great when will it be available for Australian customers who have purched CP8.

Cheers

• Tim Sergent // Marketing & Communications Manager
      Posted March 25, 2010 at 4:34 am | Permalink

Hi Doug

The HD2 update for Australia can be found here:

Regards

Tim Sergent

• Daryl
        Posted March 25, 2010 at 6:00 am | Permalink

Hi I am in Australia & have Htc Hd2, Great phone & now with Copilot live. A great Gps too.
        Just two problems, I purchased the TTS option for AUSTRALIAN users. Great, its now highlighted but when I tap the button there nothing there?? Where is the voices with TTS?
        Second, where do I get traffic camera & red light camera data. I have it activated but there is nothing there.
        PS I upgraded Maps & the app OTA ok & no change

• Tim Sergent // Marketing & Communications Manager
          Posted March 26, 2010 at 9:39 am | Permalink

Hi Daryl

Can you check to see whether you have access to US/English voices? The one marked with * should provide TTS. If this isn’t doesn’t help, please contact our support http://www.copilot.com/support.

Regards

Tim Sergent

7. Ben
    Posted March 26, 2010 at 11:03 pm | Permalink

I jsut got a tmobile hd2, and it did no come preinstalled, where can I find it for download

• Tim Sergent // Marketing & Communications Manager
      Posted March 29, 2010 at 1:51 am | Permalink

Hi Ben

I would refer you back to T-Mobile in this instance.

Regards

Tim Sergent

8. Sepp
    Posted March 29, 2010 at 9:44 am | Permalink

Thanks for the update of CoPilot 8 – super !
    My problem is, that I still cannot really connect my HD2 with CoPilotCentral 2.0. Can you helb me in this matter ??
    Thank you for hearing soon from you.
    Sepp

• Tim Sergent // Marketing & Communications Manager
      Posted March 30, 2010 at 1:58 am | Permalink

Hi Sepp

The process for updates for the HD2 is via our website at http://www.copilotlive.com/htc. We’ll blog about furture updates here.

Regards

Tim Sergent

9. Daryl
    Posted April 2, 2010 at 5:44 am | Permalink

Re:

Hi Daryl

Regards

Tim Sergent

That LINK is spam.. not a copilot site. None of my voices have * next to them. I did upgrade on my HTC HD2 and it shows an older version than the upgrade version on the HTC Au website. I am concerned to try copying new files & reinstalling. do i install over the top of the old one or uninstall? then what of my liciences?

• Tim Sergent // Marketing & Communications Manager
      Posted April 6, 2010 at 3:53 am | Permalink

Hi Daryl

You can over write the file on the card with the replacement on the site. As for the TTS question, apologies that should have been http://www.copilotlive.com/support.

Regards