Latest CoPilot Live v8 iPhone release now available.

We’re pleased to announce that our latest iPhone app updates (UK/Ireland and European region) have been now approved by Apple and are available immediately for download from iTunes.

The updated apps bring useful new features that take further advantage of the iPhone’s mobile Internet connectivity, providing integrated access to Local Search and the ability to post journey information to Facebook. They also add our most commonly requested feature: adjustable music settings.

New features in the update:

* Adjustable music volume settings. One of the most frequently requested features made by CoPilot Live iPhone customers, now you can choose to mute or dim music while receiving a voice instruction. Simply select Menu > Settings > Sound

* Facebook Status Updates. Now you can share your journey with your friends directly on your Facebook wall, including where you are, where you are going and even the tunes you are listening to. Simply select Menu > Post Facebook Status. You can choose to post updates automatically or manually.

* Free Local Search is now standard. With integrated local Internet search, you can easily find the nearest product, service, brand, shop or just about anything you need. Simply key-in whatever you’re looking for and be guided straight there.

Facebook Status updates and Free Local Search require a mobile internet connection.

All other single region editions are awaiting Apple approval and should hopefully be released soon.

How to get the update:

The latest CoPilot Live iPhone app update is available to download free of charge for existing customers from the App Store on your iPhone or through iTunes

Like the new update? Why not vote for us in the upcoming TechRadar.com awards! We’re up for Most Innovative App of the Year.

This entry was posted in CoPilot for iPhone & iPad and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. JonT
    Posted March 2, 2010 at 7:16 am | Permalink

Hi, how about the ability to have voice instructions over the speaker when my phone is synched via Bluetooth with my car. This would mean I can have the radio on (today I need my radio in bluetooth audio if I want to hear the voice instructions) AND have voice instructions.

2. Christos
    Posted March 3, 2010 at 2:44 am | Permalink

You have made your miracle again…Greece is not included!Have you forgot it this time?Or because there is a stand alone Greece map?I live in Greece and i shopped the Europe map for that reason before the release of Greek map!You should give me the map of Greece for FREE!!!

3. Dimitris
    Posted March 3, 2010 at 3:23 am | Permalink

Could you tell me please why there is no GREEK MAP after the update?
    Tell me please why i must wait for your next update?
    I’m very sorry but i think is unacceptable…

4. Christos
    Posted March 3, 2010 at 7:05 am | Permalink

It’s the second time you are doing this!You should give to all your greek customers Greece map application FOR FREE!

5. Tim Sergent // Marketing & Communications Manager
    Posted March 3, 2010 at 9:15 am | Permalink

Dimitris and Christos

Apologies for this. It has been reported and I’ll update you as soon as I have answer.

Regards

Tim Sergent

• Christos
      Posted March 3, 2010 at 10:24 am | Permalink

Apologies accepted,but can’t navigate with them!We cannot wait for a map update again!You should find a way to give us the Greek map!

6. Dan
    Posted March 3, 2010 at 9:17 am | Permalink

Hi

Co-Pilot was great on my 3G, but having restored it to my 3Gs and updated it, it does not work at all. It simply cannot establish my current position and is currently unusable.

Very dis’app’ointing – (disastrous pun but couldn’t resist.)

Please advise asap

Thanks

• Tim Sergent // Marketing & Communications Manager
      Posted March 4, 2010 at 2:10 am | Permalink

Hi Dan

Sorry to hear about the issue you have in installing it on the 3GS. Contact out support team at http://www.copilotlive.comsupport. They should be able to get you up and running.

Regards

Tim Sergent

7. Jim Edwards
    Posted March 6, 2010 at 9:09 am | Permalink

Tested out v8 of CoPilot on my iPhone 3GS after hearing much of the improvements to the iPod/voice navigation balance. Run my iPhone through an FM transmitter via iPhone’s 3.5mm headphone socket.

Immediately leapt into settings to make voice and music volumes equal… But in practice, the voice navigation just seems as loud and boomy as it ever was.

Disappointing!

I hope you guys can fix this or I have a rogue installation (anyone else out there tested this out?) How about a ‘pause audio’ function in a future update, I think I’d find that the most useful!

• Tim Sergent // Marketing & Communications Manager
      Posted March 8, 2010 at 2:33 am | Permalink

Hi Jim

Thanks for the feedback. Possibly worth submitting this to our support team at: http://www.copilotlive.comsupport

Regards

Tim Sergent

8. Jeffery Sanderson
    Posted March 7, 2010 at 9:22 am | Permalink

Hi, please please please please please – for the sake of my poor dear heart – allow us to adjust the voice prompts sound level. My iPhone is connected to my car via an iPod adapter and when music is playing at a reasonable level, the shouty voice prompts near scare me close to death! The problem is that some tunes within the iPod are not as loud as others (usually an album is quieter than other albums). As a result of this one naturally adjusts the volume to hear the lower sound level music. Then Mr/Miss Shouty comes in and yells over the music – staining my underwear.

Please include this option. The option doesn’t have to be instantly adjustable. I’d be happy to have it set at set level 5 (on a scale of 1 to 11) and have my music at it level 11. I use my amp to control the sound level – I’d just like the voice prompts a wee bit quieter.
    In every other respect – this product R

OCKS! Well done all. Note, I have an iPhone 3G 8GB, just for your records.

Thanks.
    Jeff.

• Tim Sergent // Marketing & Communications Manager
      Posted March 8, 2010 at 2:28 am | Permalink

Hi Jeff

Thanks for the feed back and we’re pleased that you like the overall product. Not sure if you’ve installed the latest update but we have now included volume controls within the product, specifcally for use when listening to music. This might help?

Regards

Tim Sergent

9. Rob Tyrrell
    Posted March 9, 2010 at 1:59 pm | Permalink

Is this update a free one? I received an email telling me that the update was available but not if it was a free update or not, and I cannot make this out from the App Store either. I don’t want to have to spend another £26 so soon after the initial purchase of it will end up being more expensive than TomTom.

• Tim Sergent // Marketing & Communications Manager
      Posted March 10, 2010 at 2:43 am | Permalink

Hi Rob

Now that you’ve purchaed v8, the updates for it through iTunes are free. Worth doing as it now includes Live Local Search and volume controls.

Best regards

Tim Sergent

10. Rob Tyrrell
    Posted March 10, 2010 at 5:05 pm | Permalink

Can you please explain (In detail) how I update the app using iTunes because I cannot see how I can do this. The only option available is to buy the app. Why doesn’t it show up as an update on my iPhone? this would make it a lot easier, and less confusing.

• Tim Sergent // Marketing & Communications Manager
      Posted March 12, 2010 at 2:55 am | Permalink

Hi Rob

It should appear as an update option when you go into the app store (bottom right hand corner button indicates that program updates are available). If this isn’t the case, I’d suggest you contact our technical support team on http://www.copilotlive.com/support

Regards

Tim Sergent

11. Brett
    Posted March 10, 2010 at 5:34 pm | Permalink

I’d like to second the request by Jeff above for control over the voice volume, for the same reasons. If you’re listening to a relatively quiet album, the voice directions are painfully (frighteningly) loud.

The new volume control functions don’t address this — they provide the ability to change the volume of the *music* when an instruction is played. That just means that we still get the wake-the-dead voice instruction, but now with no music. What we want is the ability to control the volume of the *voice*.

12. Jonathan
    Posted March 10, 2010 at 10:20 pm | Permalink

Hi,
    In the latest update I see a new option in the CoPilot settings area called ‘External GPS’ and its set to ‘Use by Default’ – Does this mean CoPilot on the iPhone now accepts some kind of external GPS input, like the tomtom iPhone car kit?

• Tim Sergent // Marketing & Communications Manager
      Posted March 12, 2010 at 2:48 am | Permalink

Hi Jonathan

We’ve done some internal testing with this mount and CoPilot Live works with it very well. We can’t guarantee that CoPilot Live will work with every GPS mount, but it might be an option worth considering if you are considering using CoPilot on a iPod Touch.

Best regards

Tim Sergent

13. D Evans
    Posted March 12, 2010 at 1:23 am | Permalink

Hi, loving the latest update apart from one thing.
    The Safety Alert option is now greyed out.
    Have tried “check for updates” which says copilot is up to date.
    How do I get my safety alerts back?

14. Posted March 14, 2010 at 2:13 pm | Permalink

why dont you charge say 10 for lifetime petrol prices as im sure a lot of people would buy this dont tel me you can buy the live traffic and petrol for a year as the live traffic does not work in n.ireland
    ps is it true that the first 50.0000 people that purchased the co pilot got petrol prices free for life
    thanks

• Tim Sergent // Marketing & Communications Manager
      Posted March 15, 2010 at 2:59 am | Permalink

Hi Kevin

Thanks for your feed back. We’re always trying to improve the product as (hopefully) the regular updates demonstrate. For our third party applications, we licence information from other providers so a flat fee for lifetime use might be impractical in this instance.

Regards