Premium Live Services now available for CoPilot Live v8 Windows Mobile and Android.

We are delighted to announce that Premium Live services (real-time traffic and fuel prices) are now available to purchase for CoPilot Live v8 Windows Mobile and Android. In addition, Text to Speech voice directions (TTS) are also now available for v8 Windows Mobile.

It’s taken us longer than we originally anticipated to launch these premium services for Windows Mobile, and we really appreciate your patience while we have prepared them for launch.

Premium Live Services

Available as a 12 month subscription for £19.99, our Premium Live Services give you seamless access to constantly updated information about traffic conditions on your route, as well as real-time petrol prices at nearby filling stations:

Live Traffic

• Real-time information about traffic congestion and problems on your route. CoPilot Live v8’s premium traffic service can help you to avoid stressful delays and keep you constantly informed about conditions throughout your journey.

Live Fuel prices

• Now you can check for the lowest petrol prices nearby your location, directly from within CoPilot Live v8

CoPilot Live v8 Windows Mobile and Android customers can buy our premium Live services upgrade using the latest version of CoPilot Central 2.0 desktop companion software, or alternatively online at the CoPilot Live e-store. You can download and install the latest version of CoPilot Central 2.0 here. CoPilot Live v8 iPhone customers can purchase Premium Live services via in-app purchase.

Text-to-Speech Voice Directions (for v8 Windows Mobile only)

Now v8 Windows Mobile customers can enjoy more detailed turn instructions using the latest Text-To-Speech (TTS) voice guidance technology. TTS pronounces full street names. For example ‘Turn left on Pall Mall’.

TTS is available to purchase through the latest version of CoPilot Central for a one-off payment of £3.59. Text to Speech requires the latest version of CoPilot Live v8 navigation software for Windows Mobile: (version 8.0.0.620 or later)

If you have an older version of CoPilot Live v8 software you can update it to the latest version for free using the latest version of CoPilot Central 2.0 available here.

Important note for HTC HD2 customers: Premium Live Services and TTS are not currently compatible with the custom version of CoPilot Live v8 that is pre-installed on the HTC HD2. We do hope to be able to make Premium Live Services available for the pre-installed version of v8 for HD2 in the future via www.copilotlive.com/htc

What about Text To Speech for Android smartphones? Most new android smartphones (platform 1.6 and above), include TTS as a free feature within the operating system itself – so you simply don’t need to purchase CoPilot TTS. Simply switch on TTS on your phone as follows: go to Settings > Speech Synthesis. Follow the on-screen instructions to set up your Text to speech options. Text To Speech voice will then be used as standard when you use Copilot.

Text to Speech for iPhone: iPhone users can purchase TTS via in-app purchase

This entry was posted in CoPilot for Android, CoPilot for Windows Mobile and tagged . Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. Mariano
    Posted February 8, 2010 at 7:28 am | Permalink

Are Premium Services already available for Italy? And if so, why there is no link for it in your site?

• Christian Oliff // European Webmaster
      Posted February 8, 2010 at 7:57 am | Permalink

Hi. Premium Live Services (traffic & fuel prices) are available for Italy via Central v2. Please make sure your Central is the latest version (v2.0.0.74) and your CoPilot Live is v8.0.0.620 before purchasing.

• Mariano
        Posted February 8, 2010 at 11:14 am | Permalink

Sorry, but my Copilot Central v. 2.0.0.74 don’t show any upgrade for CopilotLive v. …620 – neither for Live Search – neither for Premium Service…
        Could not you send me by e-mail the appropriate instructions to download them from your website or, better yet, publish those instructions to the benefit of all?

• Christian Oliff // European Webmaster
          Posted February 9, 2010 at 2:37 am | Permalink

I’ve just sent you an email with download instructions. Thanks!

• Mariano
            Posted February 9, 2010 at 4:31 am | Permalink

Please, I want the same e-mail!!!

Posted February 9, 2010 at 6:34 am | Permalink

I will send this to you shortly.

Tim Sergent

• Shane
            Posted February 9, 2010 at 3:53 pm | Permalink

Can you send me this email too please

Shane

Posted February 10, 2010 at 3:05 am | Permalink

Hi Shane

Will send it to you now

Tim Sergent

• Andy
            Posted February 10, 2010 at 8:11 am | Permalink

Tim

Can I please have the link to the download as well
            Thanks
            Andy

Posted February 11, 2010 at 1:39 am | Permalink

Hi Andy

Will send this through sortly.

TS

Posted February 11, 2010 at 4:17 am | Permalink

Hi Andy

Link sent via email

TS

• Topoff
            Posted February 10, 2010 at 4:02 pm | Permalink

whats this, another link to a new version of Copilot. May I be so bold as to ask for this link as well.

Thanks

Posted February 11, 2010 at 1:33 am | Permalink

Hi Topoff

Will send through the link shortly

Tim Sergent

Posted February 11, 2010 at 4:11 am | Permalink

Hi Topoff

Link sent to you via email

TS

2. Marvin
    Posted February 8, 2010 at 9:19 am | Permalink

Hi, and what about HD2 users, is there any way we could update our CoPilot to latest versions, or still not?

Posted February 8, 2010 at 9:37 am | Permalink

Hi Marvin,

As you’ll be aware, the v8 version contained some functions developed specifically for that model. You can install the current version of v8 on to the device and then add premium services.

Tim Sergent

• Marvin
        Posted February 8, 2010 at 9:51 am | Permalink

I have on my HD2 CoPilot version 8.0.0.457, but there is no way to install latest builds. CoPilot central says there is no new version to upgrade.

• Richard Brown
        Posted February 10, 2010 at 2:46 pm | Permalink

I installed the lastest generic Windows mobile version on my hd2. Central picks up the version number. But copilot central says there is nothing available to buy. When I log out everything appears but it won’t let me buy. And then I log in and everything vanishes again. Confused!

3. Shaky
    Posted February 8, 2010 at 10:20 am | Permalink

Please be aware that if like me you have a “old” Windows mobile device such as the original “02 Orbit” wich only has 64Mb Program Memory, TTS will not work (even if you remove all other applications). When you go to select a voice there I get a warning message “* Full text voices unavailable. Not Enough Memory”.

4. Posted February 8, 2010 at 1:13 pm | Permalink

are the prices corrected in live central or does it still show wrong numbers?

• Christian Oliff // European Webmaster
      Posted February 9, 2010 at 2:35 am | Permalink

Prices are showing incorrect for some European users. We’re working on a fix for that right now. Sorry for the inconvenience caused. We’ll have some news for you soon.

5. Bryan
    Posted February 9, 2010 at 1:13 am | Permalink

I’m sorry fellas this is woeful. Firstly, I installed CC2 (V2.0.0.74) over my previous version (2.0.0.63 or whatever it was) and it would just crash. Had to uninstall the old version then install the new. As with the previous CPL8.0.0557 update, CC2 (V2.0.0.74) says there are no CPL8 updates available (my current version is 8.0.0.557). Further CC2 also says there are no TTS or voices upgrades available for purchase. One wonders what kind of testing your engineering department carries out before releasing these updates.

Can you advise how we can obtain the CPL V8.0.0.620 update and how to go about purchasing TTS? Your link, ” TTS is available to purchase through CoPilot Central for £3.59. Please click here.” points to the CC2 page (ie. http://www.alk.eu.com/copilot/central/)

6. Bryan
    Posted February 9, 2010 at 1:18 am | Permalink

Sorry, footnote to my earlier post, changed the currency to British pounds, TTS voices are now available.

B

7. heiko
    Posted February 9, 2010 at 1:51 am | Permalink

Hello, my CoPilot Central shows the following offer:

Traffic, Live Services – Germany: 199.900,00 EUR

May I hope that you will reduce that price for me? :-)
    Thank you and greetings from Germany!

• Christian Oliff // European Webmaster
      Posted February 9, 2010 at 2:34 am | Permalink

8. Shane
    Posted February 9, 2010 at 4:51 am | Permalink

Can you send me the same email too. I have Windows Mobile 8.0.0.557 and no updates appear to install .620. I have the latest Copilot Central etc.

Thanks

9. djkarl
    Posted February 9, 2010 at 6:47 am | Permalink

silly question alert

I’m in the UK, for TTS addon i assume i would purchase EU Major ? Or should i buy Pan EU ?

Posted February 9, 2010 at 10:29 am | Permalink

Hi dikarl

EU Major in this case.

Best regards

Tim Sergent

10. Dennis
    Posted February 9, 2010 at 8:40 am | Permalink

My CP 8 is .557 no updates to .620 show on either PPC or Copilot Central. Can I hve the link for the update

11. Ricardo
    Posted February 9, 2010 at 12:03 pm | Permalink

I have a clean install of Copilot Central 2.0.0.76 in Windows 7 64 bits but dont show any updates. Please send by mail instructions to download the latest updates. Greetings

12. Andy
    Posted February 9, 2010 at 3:10 pm | Permalink

I bought TTS in Central last night but no joy with any downloads or updates. Version still showing as 8.0.555. Help please?!

• Christian Oliff // European Webmaster
      Posted February 10, 2010 at 1:29 am | Permalink

You need CoPilot Live v8.0.0.620 to use Text-to-Speech. This free update also includes free Live Local Search so it’s worth updating to anyway. I’ve just sent you an email with update instructions.

13. kevinasus
    Posted February 9, 2010 at 9:58 pm | Permalink

Can you send me the link to upgrade my CPL8 to version .620 thanks….Kev

• Christian Oliff // European Webmaster
      Posted February 10, 2010 at 1:26 am | Permalink

Email sent Kevin.

14. Posted February 10, 2010 at 12:51 am | Permalink

Having started using an HTC HD2 yesterday I activated the 15 day trial of CoPilot Live 8 – because TomTom is not yet available for the HD2

The Live Traffic, Speed Limit, Clear Turn and Speech options are ‘greyed out’

When checking for options the message “This action could not be completed”

Are these options available and working in the UK licenced version?

• Christian Oliff // European Webmaster
      Posted February 10, 2010 at 1:26 am | Permalink

Hi Peter. Speed limit and clear turn should be available to use and are included as standard throughout Europe. There should also be a range of voices inluded for voice navigation. Live traffic and Text To Speech add-ons will be available at a later date for HTD HD2 users. If you have problems with CoPilot please contact the CoPilot Support team who will be able to assist you.

• Richard Brown
      Posted February 10, 2010 at 2:40 pm | Permalink

I had this issue too on the hd2 trial, clear turn and speed limits only become active once I purchased copilot.

15. AndyB
    Posted February 10, 2010 at 2:58 am | Permalink

Can I have the link to .620 as well. Central just not working properly…Thanks

16. Simon Wilkinson
    Posted February 10, 2010 at 3:08 am | Permalink

Paid for & downloaded live premium & TTS services through Central and have now seen the footnote about HD2 users. Can I be refunded or does this email you are sending out have a fix for me?

Posted February 10, 2010 at 4:13 am | Permalink

Hi Simon

The HD 2 contains a custom build of CoPilot Live v8 as standard and the Premium Services are not compatible with this version. Basically the courses of action would be to install the current shipping version of CoPilot Live v8 and then install Premium Services or contact our support team for a refund.

Apologies for the confusion.

Tim Sergent

• Simon Wilkinson
        Posted February 10, 2010 at 6:43 am | Permalink

How do I install the current shipping version, do I need to pay for it?

17. Simon Wilkinson
    Posted February 10, 2010 at 7:07 am | Permalink

Will this email help me? if so can you send it

18. Topoff
    Posted February 10, 2010 at 9:07 am | Permalink

Where is Live Search ? I have the latest version of Copilot Central and Live Search is not appearing.

19. Disco
    Posted February 10, 2010 at 11:49 am | Permalink

I have updated to CC 2.0.0.76 and Premium Live Services are shown in the CoPilot store. Having attached my HTC HD2, CC states there are ‘No Updates Available’ (8.0.0.457), as expected for the HTC HD2 ROM. Is there a way to force an update to allow Premium Live Services on the HTC HD2 and if so is the only loss in functionality pinch-to-zoom? Finally, if I do update to the non-HD2 specific CoPilot will I be able to automatically update to a HD2 friendly version via CC when it is released? GREAT product but updates are a becoming little frustrating.

Posted February 11, 2010 at 1:58 am | Permalink

Hi Disco

The HTC HD2 is preinstalled with a custom version of CoPilot Live v8. This is specifically designed to integrate with certain features of the HD2, for example the Footprints application and Car Kit mode. The standard version of CoPilot Live v8 does not support these features.

We have had customers with the HD update to the shipping version. As for updates to a further HTC HD2 version afterwards – not sure. Will check.

Tim Sergent

• Disco
        Posted February 19, 2010 at 3:46 am | Permalink

Tim, any update on my initial question? At present you can’t buy the HTC car kit, which initialises the car kit mode. I do not use Footprints, although on my devise the Photo Nav page is empty even after I add a test Footprint. But the Traffic information is extremely useful for my weekly commute.

Posted February 19, 2010 at 4:11 am | Permalink

Hello Disco, we do hope to be able to make Premium Live Services available for the pre-installed version of v8 for HD2 in the future via http://www.copilotlive.com/htc. We’ll provide an update here when we have it.

Tim Sergent

• Disco
            Posted February 20, 2010 at 4:47 am | Permalink

Tim, How far in the future; are we talking weeks, months or a year (ball park)? I’ve been sent a link to the latest software but am willing to wait for the official HD2 update if it’s a work in progress or in the testing phase (not an aspiration).

20. Dennis
    Posted February 10, 2010 at 12:35 pm | Permalink

Christian
    You seem to have missed me off for the upgate from 557 to 620 can you send me a link.

Dennis

21. john kenna
    Posted February 10, 2010 at 1:54 pm | Permalink

Can you send me the link to the latest upgrade.
    cheers John

22. Marvin
    Posted February 11, 2010 at 1:54 am | Permalink

Could you please send me instructions via email too? Thank you very much.

Posted February 11, 2010 at 4:10 am | Permalink

Hi Marvin

Link sent to you via email

TS

23. Steve
    Posted February 11, 2010 at 1:56 am | Permalink

I need the link to the update as well

Posted February 11, 2010 at 4:09 am | Permalink

Hi Steve

Link sent to you via email

TS

24. Kim
    Posted February 11, 2010 at 3:36 am | Permalink

Hi

Could you please send me a download link as well? My CoPilot Central 2.0.0.76 doesn’t show the 620 update.

Best regards,
    Kim

Posted February 11, 2010 at 4:09 am | Permalink

Hi Kim

Link sent via email

Tim Sergent

25. Posted February 11, 2010 at 7:39 am | Permalink

another link / update?

could you send it to me, too?

thank you very much!

have a nice weekend

chris

26. Damian
    Posted February 11, 2010 at 10:14 am | Permalink

I am also one of those who has purchased an HTC HD2 because I have found HTC products good since the first XDA many years ago, BUT>>>> this years upgrade has been a disappointment since finding firstly o2 no longer supply the license for free, then to find that since o2 have played with the software I cant get the basic updates and the upgrades that are advertised as software improvements.

Seriously worried as to weather to try to purchase the USA North mapping as required again this year or with this not run along with the other features.

Might end up taking my faithful orbit 2 and run on year old mapping.

Please advise when will updates and other software be running or should I uninstall the software completely and start from scratch?

27. Stuart Mann
    Posted February 11, 2010 at 11:37 am | Permalink

Please send me the link as well. Stuck on v557. Thanks

28. Rene Freitag
    Posted February 11, 2010 at 12:34 pm | Permalink

Please send me the link to the new Copilot version.
    Which TTS version i have to buy for DACH (german maps): TTS for PAN EU or EU Major?

29. Rene Freitag
    Posted February 11, 2010 at 12:42 pm | Permalink

Please send me the link to the newest version.
    Which TTS i have to buy for german maps (DACH): TTS for Major EU or Pan EU?

30. Andrew A
    Posted February 11, 2010 at 12:47 pm | Permalink

Hi Tim
    I have the HTC HD2 also. I have removed the ROM version and installed version .557 via the download link. Ive attached to central after but it says “no updates available”. Could you send me the link to upgrade to version .620 as I would like to purchase & use the traffic and text to speech premium services.
    Many thanks
    Andrew

31. Heinz-Georg Guth
    Posted February 11, 2010 at 4:06 pm | Permalink

Hi Tim,
    how can i download CPL8 .620.

I’ve already purchased Liveservices and voices for Germany but wasn’t able to download them.
    Is there another way to receive the updates. The activation on the phone worked, but i have no voices.
    Is there a download necessary for the Liveservices.

Thanks so far
    H.-G.

32. Ed Alexander
    Posted February 11, 2010 at 6:04 pm | Permalink

CoPilot Central 2.0.0.81 not showing any updates for CoPilot 8.0.0.557. Can I have a link for 8.0.0.620?

• Christian Oliff // European Webmaster
      Posted February 12, 2010 at 1:57 am | Permalink

Hi Ed. I’ve just emailed you the link and instructions thanks!

33. Jon
    Posted February 19, 2010 at 5:14 am | Permalink

I’d like the latest link too please. any particular reason why you wouldn’t want to post it for eveyone else?

Cheers,

Jon

• Christian Oliff // European Webmaster
      Posted February 19, 2010 at 7:14 am | Permalink

Hi – just emailed you link and instructions Jon.

34. Col
    Posted February 22, 2010 at 3:33 am | Permalink

Hi Tim,

I have also purchased and struggling with Copilot on an HD2.

I consider the live services to be far more important than a couple of HTC “nice to haves” features for a car kit which is months late and still unavailable. So could you please send a link to me so that I may also update to .620 a.s.a.p. ?

Many thanks.

Posted February 22, 2010 at 3:51 am | Permalink

Hi Col – I have sent you the link on email

35. Robert
    Posted February 22, 2010 at 7:40 am | Permalink

Hello Tim, could you please send me the link to the update?

Thanks!

Posted February 22, 2010 at 8:08 am | Permalink

Hi Robert – just sent you the link via email.

Best Regards