Update available for CoPilot Live v8 for Windows Mobile

We’re pleased to announce that the first update for CoPilot Live for Windows Mobile is available now as a free download for existing customers via Central 2.0. It includes a number of improvements and features.

CoPilot Live v8.0.0.557 – Changelog
1. Download voices over the air support
2. Text-to-speech support (Premium add-on available this week)
3. Traffic support (Premium add-on available this week)
4. Ability to mute ‘Welcome to CoPilot Live’ speech on start up
5. Fixed late turn instructions issue
6. Improved support for HVGA resolutions
7. Support Premium Live Services and Live services for users on Orange/ Vodafone (which blocks port 80).
8. Improved memory and performance
9. Map data download start, resume and pause functionality in place
10. Safety camera update over the air.
11. Support Australasia maps
12. Save destination upon exit, when user restarts, the route is recalculated to the destination again
13. CSV/ OV2 import working
14. Introduced just ahead warning – to be set by distance or by time before turn

In order to get the update you’ll need to install the latest version of Central v2.0.0.65. This is available to download here. Please follow the instructions on getting the update here: http://www.alk.eu.com/support/copilot-support/copilot8-winmobile-update-en.htm

If you have any suggestions or feedback, then leave a comment.

Note: Update is not currently available for the HTC HD2.

This entry was posted in Uncategorised and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. helge
    Posted January 20, 2010 at 1:32 am | Permalink

Thanks for the mail christian, update went fine (why not post the instructions here, would save you a lot of mailing…)

Next question: when will live traffic be available for the benelux?
    And in copliot central i see no other options than map upgrades, no voices, themes, etc. Is there a chance that someday we can change our copilot from standard to a more customised one (different voices, themes, etc)

• Christian Oliff // European Webmaster
      Posted January 20, 2010 at 1:43 am | Permalink

Premium Live Services (including Traffic) should be available via Central v2 very soon (this week). We are working on bringing additional voices and themes, but no dates available on that just yet. We’ll post on the blog as soon as we have news to share.

2. Jonboy
    Posted January 20, 2010 at 6:56 am | Permalink

Dear Admin, that pinch2zoom ‘extra’ stuff about the HD2 is complete rubbish.

I have a ‘cooked’ ROM which does not include CoPilot pre-installed. Instead I install the one I bought, and P2Z works fine.

So, why is there still no HD2 update? Surely ALK already have the code for the ‘extras’?!?! Why can’t they take the new build and just re-insert this extra bit of coding?

Frustrated!

3. Pete
    Posted January 20, 2010 at 11:34 am | Permalink

Same here, no update available for co-pilot on my HD2

Is there a direct download?

4. Ed
    Posted January 20, 2010 at 11:50 am | Permalink

Sorry to sound like a broken record, but there’s no update showing for me in CC. I’d appreciate a direct download link, if possible.

Also keen to get the UK traffic option as I’ve missed this since upgrading from V7. Given I had about 8 months traffic subscription left on v7, I’d have probably delayed my upgrade if I’d known it would take so long for traffic to arrive on v8!

5. Sergey
    Posted January 20, 2010 at 11:51 am | Permalink

I see not any update for Copilot Live 8 WM in the Central program. Asus P552w.

6. BY
    Posted January 20, 2010 at 1:28 pm | Permalink

Hi, like a good many of your unhappy customers with the CC update issue, I upgraded via the link which worked :) Then, like the same unhappy customers, I followed the link to the live traffic services :) paid my money only to find it doesn’t work :( Support isn’t available because my V8 is over 60 days old and they deny any knowledge of the live services (I have even had to prove I purchased them). Great product, customer service sadly lacking – Unless you have an apple flavour device, for that, ALK have ‘isupport’ and ‘icustomer iservice’ !! I knew once I was on my soap box it would be hard to stop. Lets hope we get these issues resolved soon…..

7. Brian A
    Posted January 20, 2010 at 3:52 pm | Permalink

Running WM6.1 on an Acer F900 with SPB Mobile Shell 3.5 Have upgraded to 8.0.0.557

Previous version worked without any problems. Latest version either hangs after a couple of minutes or crashes out, so cannot use it. Anyone else having these problems?

• Brian A
      Posted January 21, 2010 at 1:27 am | Permalink

Update

Have stopped SPB Mobile Shell 3.5 and Copilot v8.0.0.557 now works but I had no problem with the previous version while SPB was running.

The only problem now is the speech – it stutters on the first word. i.e. ‘Just ahead etc’ wil come out as ‘Jus’ pause for a second and then ‘t ahead’

• Shane H
      Posted January 24, 2010 at 9:03 pm | Permalink

Same problem here. Updated to latest version of SPB Mobile Shell 3.5 but no improvement. If I try to drag/pinch maps it quits Copilot Live.

8. Paul
    Posted January 20, 2010 at 6:04 pm | Permalink

Hi
    I’m unable to update to v8.0.0.557. I have the latest version of Central, an HTC Touch HD and Central displays my CoPilot version as 8.0.0.346 stating no updates available. I’ve tried connecting by both Activesync and mass storage.

Where do I go from here please as I really need live traffic and will need to consider moving products if I can’t sort it?

Thanks

9. Peter
    Posted January 21, 2010 at 4:03 am | Permalink

Hi
    I’m unable to update to v8.0.0.557. I have the latest version of Central, a Sony Ericson X1 and Central displays my CoPilot version as 8.0.0.346 stating no updates available. I’ve tried connecting by both Activesync and mass storage.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Peter

10. rahdms
    Posted January 21, 2010 at 9:20 am | Permalink

Christian,

Could you please re-publish the link, as I am also finding that central does not give teh option to purchase Live services in the UK.

Many thanks

11. Gary Barber
    Posted January 21, 2010 at 10:23 am | Permalink

I’ve upgraded Central and CoPilot 8 on my Phone, but I don’t seem able to purchase any Live services through Central.

12. Ron Sustich
    Posted January 22, 2010 at 4:17 am | Permalink

Another week goes by and the Windows Mobile update still is not here.

Maybe CP should just admit that TTS is just not ready for prime time. Or, maybe there really are no plans to support TTS and the missing QWERTY keyboard for Windows Mobile.

CP, just tell us the truth. We’re all big boys and girls, we can take it!

13. Michael Gannon
    Posted January 22, 2010 at 8:45 pm | Permalink

Hello
    I too am having the update issue CPC(V2.0.0.65) installed. CPL8 (WM) (V8.0.0.346) CC says there are no updates available. The update menu on my phone says my CPL8 is up-to-date.

14. Ralf Obrestad
    Posted January 23, 2010 at 5:40 am | Permalink

Importing ov2-files is still buggy in this new version. I could import them and the program says it loaded 100 waypoint and they show up as they should. But they are gone next time I use CoPilot. The waypoint set is shown in the administer waypoint sets screen, but is not shown nowhere else and cannot be selected for navigation.

15. aiwama
    Posted January 23, 2010 at 11:23 am | Permalink

C’mon guys, give us a QWERTY keyboard! Or at least explain why do we have such a long delay in getting it. Just like Ron Sustich reminded above, it’s been two weeks over the date we were promised it. We are not talking about quantum physics here. It is just a keyboard that you had on previous versions and then decided to get rid of, Satan knows why! Please, deliver.

16. David
    Posted January 23, 2010 at 2:48 pm | Permalink

I have updated CPC and updated to 8.0.0.557 on my HTC Touch but I still don’t get Live Traffic available in CoPilot store on my CPC? How do I get this?

17. Paul
    Posted January 24, 2010 at 2:19 am | Permalink

I got the link from Christian to update but still no option to buy premium UK services.

Please can anyone: -

Tell me how to do this?

Explain what’s happening with Central? It’s not giving me much faith at the moment.

Thanks

Paul

18. Paul
    Posted January 24, 2010 at 4:25 am | Permalink

In which case does ‘Real Signpost Information’ appear on screen?
    Upon starting CoPilot 8, the welcome message refers to CoPilot 8 ‘Professional’… What does the term ‘Professional’ relate to?