Seeing the bigger picture. HTC HD2 with CoPilot Live v8

Touch_HD2_copilot8With so much attention on iPhone and Android phones recently, there are many who have dismissed the Windows Mobile platform as a loser in the smartphone supremacy battle.

However with the arrival of the HTC HD2 Windows Phone we would beg to differ.

Equipped with a ‘cinematic’ 4.3 -inch touch display, the HD2 delivers content in a sharper, brighter and richer way.

In the words of HTC themselves “The unprecedented 4.3-inch pixel-packed display is stunning. The world’s first capacitive touch technology on a Windows® phone along with 1 GHz processing power ensure a smooth and lightning-fast response to the lightest touch of your finger.”

Ideal then for Navigation – which is precisely why each device is shipped with a 15 day trial version of CoPilot Live v8 pre-installed on the ROM. Maps of a country or region are available on the supplied microSD Card. At the end of the trial, its easy to buy a full license for lifetime use at www.copilotlive.com/htc/

What could be better for Christmas? One of the coolest smartphones around with a widescreen navigation experience to rival even the most expensive dedicated systems.

The HTC HD2 is available now through mobile operators and many of our resellers. Click here for further details.

This entry was posted in Uncategorised and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. Dan
    Posted November 13, 2009 at 2:10 pm | Permalink

I thought you had writtern off windows phone as you don’t seem to offer any surpport or updates any more

• Tim Sergent // Marketing & Communications Manager
      Posted November 18, 2009 at 4:06 am | Permalink

Hi Dan

We will be bringing out an update very soon

Regards

Tim

• ratata
        Posted November 18, 2009 at 8:56 am | Permalink

Seriously, i really love copilot to my Diamond its delicious, but im pretty tired of the phrase “very soon”

2. Karl
    Posted November 14, 2009 at 6:49 am | Permalink

Unfortunately, that’s not the picture of the HTC HD2… It’s a picture of it’s predecessor, the Touch HD.

• Christian Oliff // European Webmaster
      Posted November 15, 2009 at 8:18 am | Permalink

Thanks Karl. Image fixed.

3. Andy Georgiou
    Posted November 18, 2009 at 8:31 am | Permalink

CoPilot doesn’t work properly on the HD2, set the screen orientation to portrait then flip the phone, the screen goes black for a split second because the screen is still trying to rotate even though you’ve told it not to, this was also a problem on the ‘Touch HD’. Also after approx. a minute the phone locks itself even tho CoPilot is still running. Avoid using this product until ALK get their act together and sort out these problems.

• christopher martzoukos ioannina
      Posted November 27, 2009 at 6:27 am | Permalink

eheis dikio se emena kolaei kai h othoni kalytero to copilot live 7 gia to HD2

4. Karl
    Posted November 19, 2009 at 11:12 pm | Permalink

Does the version of Copilot that comes pre-installed with the HD2 install it’s maps on a memory card, or is it fixed to the standard memory? There are some reports of maps being forced to install only on the phone memory, which would be rather limited if I was to download, say an Australian map.

• Tim Sergent // Marketing & Communications Manager
      Posted November 23, 2009 at 6:53 am | Permalink

Hi Karl

The application is stored in the ROM – all the mapping comes on a Micro-SD card.

Regards

Tim Sergent

• Karl
        Posted December 3, 2009 at 6:53 pm | Permalink

Hi Tim, I’ve got my HD2 now, and I can’t seem to download maps on the phone to my storage card. It keeps showing me ‘Insufficient Memory for the requested map download’ which would mean that it’s downloading into the internal memory, not the storage memory.

If I download maps through CoPilot Live (Desktop Client), it doesn’t show me the maps for my region.

5. Posted November 20, 2009 at 4:37 pm | Permalink

If you try to find locality where you can get resume here is very absolute place for you about this good post, which afford examples and gives an excuse to learn how make great CV resumes . But this site is more compelling, and more cooperative.

6. julien
    Posted November 21, 2009 at 12:22 pm | Permalink

am afraid have used co pilot live (version 7 ) on that phone, (alk said no problem) …. and i did approx 1500 km with it through europe last week….. i cant believe i had to restart the phone sometimes every 10 mn because of freezing, … that means on the motorway, taking the phone off the windscreen, taking the back cover off, batery off, back in and cover back on, turn it on, wait till it reeboots, lauch co pilot again, put destination back in …… and hope that in the meantime you have not missed your turn!!!!! and of course not had an accident.
    …. cant be bothered to even call them…. after havin spent 500 gbp on a handset that is supposed to be the best…..

• Tim Sergent // Marketing & Communications Manager
      Posted November 23, 2009 at 6:55 am | Permalink

Hi Julien

Sorry to hear about your experiences with CoPilot, I’ll flag this with our development team.

Regards

Tim Sergent

7. Jonathan
    Posted November 23, 2009 at 9:07 am | Permalink

HI just wondering, i seen on a youtube video the when the HTC HD2 is held in landscape mode the nav system doesnt fill the whole screen there is still about 30mm of black free space?

This seems like a waste, will they be an upgrade that fills the whole screen?

• Craig
      Posted November 25, 2009 at 2:36 pm | Permalink

CP8 does fill the whole screen on the HD2. The black free space is an option for turn by turn symbols and can be switched off by just pressing the arrow in the bottom right hand corner of the map.

CP8 is then displayed in full glory on the HD2.

8. Andy
    Posted November 24, 2009 at 10:17 pm | Permalink

I have just got the HTC HD2 and have no problems with Copilot freezing or changing from portrait to landscape. I changed it to use phone settings.
    So far am happy with it, I currently use Navigator 6.0 which is a bit old now but works really well. HD2 excellent though.

9. j nunn
    Posted November 26, 2009 at 1:17 pm | Permalink

I have just been trying to add POIs based on the few snippets of information on the web. so far I understand that ov2 files.should be copied to the storage card/copilot/eu/save folder. this doesn’t exist on card I have been suppliedby o2 and creating one does nothing. can anyone help?

10. S
    Posted November 28, 2009 at 4:45 pm | Permalink

i was using copilot 6 happily on an XDA orbit 1 changed to the XDA orbit 2 temporarily whilst i wait to get HTC HD2 . Could not find my original media card so although i can load copilot 7 i cannot get it to work because i cannot then remake the media card with maps- all i need is to know what is the password i use to get into copilot central – very difficult to find how to contact ALK then no response to repeated requests to answer a simple question – probably unlikely i will consider copilot 8 to go with the HD2 if this is the standard of support and there are also continuing problems – a shame really.

• Christian Oliff // European Webmaster
      Posted November 30, 2009 at 12:28 am | Permalink

Do you have a valid license for CoPilot Live 7? If you do then we can send you a direct download link to the latest version of CoPilot Live 7 for your Orbit 2. Note that CoPilot Cental 2.0 is only for CoPilot Live 8 users, the password to login is your CoPilot ID, which is what you setup when you originally install CoPilot Live 8. I hope that answers your questions. If you have any others, drop us a message and we’ll be more than happy to help.

11. Posted December 11, 2009 at 5:07 am | Permalink

Just thought I’d let you know I had a HTC xda orbit 2 (polaris) running co-pilot 7 and was very impressed, I even bought the pan european maps and used them all over. Although disapointed Cyprus is not classed as Europe, they are an EU country of sorts without getting into the history and politics of the situation.
    Now upgraded to HD2 and have installed this now on the HD2 with no problems so far and it looks and works well.
    I would like to upgrade to CP8 (assuming it is better) but I would lose my pan-eurpean maps I bought for CP7. This is a bit mean. I am perfectly happy to pay for an upgrade to CP8 but why should i pay an additional £57, for the pan european maps as I’ve already bought them on CP7.
    What’s my incentive to upgrade especially when 7 works well??

• Christian Oliff // European Webmaster
      Posted December 13, 2009 at 7:03 am | Permalink

Hi Paul – As a CoPilot Live 7 customer you can upgrade to CoPilot Live 8 with maps of Europe for £49.99 at http://www.alk.eu.com/buynow/cpl8_upgrade.asp

That’s a saving of £10 from the full-price version – I’m sorry, but we can’t offer more of a discount than that.

12. Paul
    Posted December 11, 2009 at 3:33 pm | Permalink

Hi,

I recently bought CP8 for i iphone which i love but have just been upgraded to an HTC HD2 is there any way for transfering my license over, i dont care if my iphone version stops working i just cant afford to spend another £30 before christmas.

Anyone any ideas of solutions?

Thanks

13. Tom / HD2 Backlight problem
    Posted December 12, 2009 at 6:09 am | Permalink

I have just finished my trail run of CoPilot 8 on the HTC HD2.

I was going to buy it but there is one MAJOR flaw in the application, every time you restart the CoPilot backlight settings are reset to USE DEVICE.Since my device settings are “Lock On BackLight off” CoPilot and the phone constantly turns off during operation unless I manually go to settings every time I start CoPilot.

I have seen in the XDA forums others with this issue. If this flaw is because Copilot is not activated yet then you are playing a very dangerous game & may have lost quite a few sales. If this is by design or a bug then you need to fire your test team, either way it is pretty poor QC

Thanks.