Poll Results: Which Live service would you like to see in CoPilot?

Thanks to everyone who voted in our last poll, ‘Which Live service would you like to see in CoPilot?’. We’re pleased to say that we implemented all of them into CoPilot Live 8, with Friend-tracking (LiveLink) and Live Weather being included as standard, and Traffic, Fuel Prices and Local Search available as premium extras at a later date. As we’d have expected, traffic was proven to be the most popular, with 80% of you voting for it.

• Live Traffic (80%, 383 Votes)
  • Live Fuel Prices (9%, 41 Votes)
  • Live Local Search (5%, 26 Votes)
  • Live Friend-tracking (3%, 16 Votes)
  • Live Weather (3%, 14 Votes)

Total Voters: 480

[ratings]

This entry was posted in Uncategorised and tagged . Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. Stephen Trimingham
    Posted August 26, 2009 at 8:56 am | Permalink

When will the premium services be available. I am keen to get both fuel prices and traffic on my CoPilot 8 for Windows Mobile and would like to know an accurate ETA. I read on the ALK website that they would be available a week after the launch of version 8 and they have yet to appear.

Regards,

Steve Trimingham

2. Christian Oliff // European Webmaster
    Posted August 26, 2009 at 10:33 am | Permalink

@Stephen Trimingham – Live Traffic and Fuel prices will be available very soon. We’ll post details on the blog as soon as we have news.

3. solis
    Posted August 26, 2009 at 4:55 pm | Permalink

hi,
    i have copilot live 8 for windows mobile, but i can’t use Friend-tracking (LiveLink) and Live Weather. are this two services coming out on a later date?

4. Eric
    Posted August 27, 2009 at 9:24 pm | Permalink

Nice to see that the copilot reached version 8 but hard to bear that I am still (have to) use version 1.0.0.81. on a Motorola A780 and have no option for an upgrade/update path for new maps and/or new program versions.

I assume that neither Motorola nor ALK is interested in spending any money in further development of a new program version or in map updates but I believe that out there would be enough users who were willing to spend money in either one or perhaps both possibilities if they were offered.

This status taken as a fact now for the past years, releasing the old source code to the community would really be a gift, but I fear that this will remain wishfull thinking.

Perhaps own to the fact that Motorola has paid this program version and is the now the owner and would be the right contact for demands like this.

But in my opinion for the availability of map updates/upgrades ALK could do something without relying on Motorola or infringe legal issues and the capital expenditure of a map conversion / update to the latest maps available seems to be (very) limited.

5. Neil
    Posted August 28, 2009 at 1:50 pm | Permalink

Ohhh, I see, having a vote on the Blog was not in fact anything to do with interaction or research it was in fact a marketing tool. Look how good we are …. we’ve given you everything you asked for!
    I’m very pleased with the new upfront cost being so low…. but I’m dreading hearing the cost for the Premium Live Services, I am expecting to be stung badly for traffic and then in a year’s time I will take my trade elsewhere if the prices do not become realistic. Of course I may be pleasantly surprised but given the fact they were not available at launch suggests to me that marketing again has the edge and that CoPilot have not dared to launch the product with such a low up-front but high annual service costs.

6. Felix
    Posted August 28, 2009 at 3:00 pm | Permalink

You’re pleased to say that you implemented all of them into CoPilot Live 8.

I’m disappointed that there is none of them available yet. (Apart from weather and Friend-tracking)

7. Jez
    Posted September 1, 2009 at 4:09 pm | Permalink

I will not buy this product on my iPhone if traffic does not come as standard. I would rather pay the extra and stick with tomtom. Which I hav never used the traffic function with and was hoping copilot would integrate it as standard. It just means that my free traffic app will get more use!