A minor update to CoPilot Live for Android has been posted

android-copilot-mascotA minor update to CoPilot Live for Android has been posted (8.0.0.328). This fixes an issue with Android devices connecting to Central 2.0. Please update from Android Market.

[ratings]

This entry was posted in Uncategorised and tagged . Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. Cliff Colgate
    Posted August 26, 2009 at 8:56 am | Permalink

Please please sort out the audio files being picked up by Android Media Scanner.

There are now hundreds of ur turn by turn speech files mixed up with my music when i use my music player.

Apparently you need to tell Media Scanner not to search your folders for audio using .nomedia

• Christian Oliff // European Webmaster
      Posted August 27, 2009 at 9:35 am | Permalink

If you place a .nomedia file inside of the copilot folder on memory card, the files will no longer appear in music player.
      You can download this file here http://www.alk.eu.com/files/nomedia.zip

• Anubhav
      Posted August 27, 2009 at 4:33 pm | Permalink

I have downloaded the co-pilot live 8 for my htc hero. but it has only italiano in it due to which i am not able to understand anything.

how do i download more language.

2. Posted August 26, 2009 at 11:16 am | Permalink

I paid for the European version of Copilot Live for Android a few weeks ago. Having used TomTom for many years I have to say that I have enjoyed using Copilot so far. The only downside is the lack of access to the extra services.

When I connect my phone to Copilot Central the only thing I can download is the European maps. Everything else e.g. Map Extras, POIs, Voices, Themes and Live Services state: “No products of that type on record”

I have just installed todays update, however I still don’t see the extras!

Is there any way to get extras, like POIs and new voices for my phone, specifically Emma Clarke?

Thanks

3. Mark
    Posted August 26, 2009 at 9:30 pm | Permalink

Anton, I am also a long time TomTom user and have recently started using CoPilot Live for Android. I had similar issues to you and can at least help with the POIs problem. It turns out that an (undocumented?) feature of Copilot Live is that it works with TomTom POI files (ov2 extension).

What I did to get my old POIs (and some new ones from the web) onto CoPilot Live was:
    1. Stop CoPilot on your phone
    2. Mount your phone on your PC as a USB mass storage device
    3. Copy your ov2 files to /sdcard/copilot/save
    4. Start CoPilot
    5. Follow the instructions in CoPilot – it should import your POIs

CoPilot POIs are a little different to TomTom POIs in the way they are categorised. Not sure I like CoPilot’s way of doing things, but I’m getting used to it.

Hope that helps.

• Anton
      Posted September 10, 2009 at 11:16 pm | Permalink

Thanks Mark,

With a chance to play a bit more I have found a good selection of POIs built into Copilot.

Its useful to know I can use my old TomTom POI’s too though – thanks for the advice!!

Anton

4. Mark
    Posted August 26, 2009 at 9:32 pm | Permalink

Forgot to mention – should be obvious but before anyone picks me up on it, you have to unmount your phone’s USB mass storage facility before you start CoPilot.

5. Michel
    Posted August 27, 2009 at 2:42 am | Permalink

Do you plan to correct the bug with the lane assistant module which display incorrectly the roads ?

Example: http://mpinquier.free.fr/copilotbug.png

• Martin
      Posted October 2, 2009 at 10:34 pm | Permalink

How do you get that lane assist view? I have “Clearturn” enabled but just get arrows at the top of the screen?
      Thanks

• Christian Oliff // European Webmaster
        Posted October 4, 2009 at 2:54 am | Permalink

Please ensure that your device is in landscape mode (it doesn’t currently support portrait mode).

6. Thuy
    Posted August 27, 2009 at 12:56 pm | Permalink

I purchased CoPilot Live for Android. I’m using a MyTouch 3G. I downloaded maps for NA using CoPilot Central and theres a NA folder on my SD. However when I try to start the app it still asks me to download maps. What should I do?

Actually, I’ve attempted to download maps via Central & from the phone it it kept crashing. Was finally able to download via Central after about 4 trials

7. MandaJayne
    Posted September 2, 2009 at 5:42 am | Permalink

I’ve been having problems with the live services ever since I bought the product for my android phone. If I try to connect from the CPL8 application itself, I get an error “Account Login Failure. Invalid Live Username and/or Password!” – I know this isn’t the case since I can log into copilot central with the exact same username and password. If I try to login to your live.alk.com site, it comes up with “Account Conflict, contact support.”

I have contacted support – the issue was logged with them on 25th August, but I’ve had absolutely no response, and the problem is still there. This is not good enough, as without proper support, any application is pretty useless in the long run. I hope to have a response soon or I will be looking for a refund.

8. Martin
    Posted October 29, 2009 at 8:02 pm | Permalink

@Christian Oliff
    My phone is in landscape but I get the same as portrait. Is it specific to certain maps or versions, or a particular combination of settings? Thanks

9. Brad
    Posted November 1, 2009 at 2:48 pm | Permalink

I have had the exact same problem as MandaJayne, and have had the same lack of response from support, despite sending two follow-up emails. Shame, as it looks like Alk are becoming a bit like TomTom – no support. Roll on Google’s free and better sat nav application…

10. Andrew
    Posted December 3, 2009 at 12:18 pm | Permalink

Same as Brad and MandaJayne, Live services won’t let me login via the phone, just says to contact support. Well support was contacted and nothing has happened since.