Welcome to CoPilot Live v8

ALK_CP8_Chevron8Hot on the heels of CoPilot Live for Android and iPhone, we are proud to announce the availability of CoPilot Live v8 for Windows Mobile phones.

v8 is our most powerful CoPilot yet, bringing the very latest satellite navigation technology, maps and Live services to your smartphone or PDA. It’s simply packed with new features, improvements and enhancements to make your journeys easier and more predictable.

v8 is also our most affordable CoPilot too, starting at just £25.99 as a download. If you are an existing customer it will actually cost you even less to buy the new version – just £22.99 for unlimited use satellite navigation on your phone. It will also be available to buy as a DVD installer and a pre-loaded SD card from our online retailer partners soon.

Here’s a flavour of the new version for Windows Mobile:

- Enhanced guidance features like lane assist, signpost displays, speed limit alerts and guidance in tunnels

- New Live Services as standard including Live Local Search, Live Weather and LiveLink location sharing

- New Premium Live Services including Traffic and Fuel price information, which will be available to buy via CoPilot Central or our online web store from next week

- Updated maps and POIs. CoPilot Live v8 has the latest digital maps available and thousands of updated POIs, including logos for certain leading-brand restaurants, hotels and petrol stations

- New and improved user interface designed to take advantage of the latest touch screen phones, with shortcut buttons and fluid easy to navigate menus

And with v8, you can buy and download it directly from our very own ‘App Store’

Learn more about v8 www.copilotlive.com/copilot

[ratings]

This entry was posted in Uncategorised and tagged . Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. Martin Daler
    Posted August 13, 2009 at 12:59 pm | Permalink

I understand from Pocket GPS World that the “New and improved user interface” has lost the QWERTY input, with only an alphabetic keyboard remaining.

Can this be true, and if so in what way is this aspect an improvement?

2. James
    Posted August 13, 2009 at 3:48 pm | Permalink

Why Local Search not available on Android and iPhone?? and of course what’s wrong with QWERTY !!!

3. Glen
    Posted August 14, 2009 at 5:14 am | Permalink

At the moment I understand CP8 is not compatible with the Touch Pro2. Is there any plans to make a compatible version or what are the issues on the HTC Touch Pro 2 device?

4. Alan J Roberts
    Posted August 14, 2009 at 7:18 am | Permalink

Hmmm, I’ve just bought a touch pro 2 are we sure that Version 8 won’t run on it?
    is anyone from copilot monitoring this thread?
    There seems to be questions but no replies on this blog?

5. JmCourir
    Posted August 14, 2009 at 11:44 am | Permalink

Hi !
    I have HTC Touch Pro 2 and it worked very well with Copilot Live 8. But I have a strange problem. I bought the North America Maps, that includes the Canada and USA Maps. When I surf on map, I can see all streets, roads, POI’s in USA but in Canada I only see Major roads. There is no streets, no POI’s… what is the problem ? Please Help.

6. Martin Daler
    Posted August 15, 2009 at 1:56 pm | Permalink

There seems to be some confusion about Central 2.0. The good news is that it is now compatible with Vista 64-bit. The confusion (for me at least) is whether it works only with Android (per the download page: “CoPilot Central 2.0 is the desktop management software companion for CoPilot Live Android”), or whether in fact (as reported elsewhere) it works with Windows Mobile as well.
    Any answers?

7. Chris Morton
    Posted August 16, 2009 at 4:45 am | Permalink

Q1,

I can’t get CoPilot Central to pair with my iphone in order to download extra maps, copilot live traffic and CoPilot backup etc there are no options available, is the software up and running for the iphone? if so how do I sync the device in order to use the Central software?

Q2,

Are we to expect a solution to the issue of an incoming call when running CoPilot 8, the software shuts down during a call and you can no longer navigate the journey until the call is ended.

To anyone interested in CoPilot 8, I have just stopped running CoPilot live 6 on another mobile device and in my opinion this version is much improved, its smoother and easier to use. when the issues are resolved I am sure that we can all give it 10/10, but for the moment it gets 8/10 but great work by ALK and keep up the great work.
    I, along with all the other iphone user look forward to the release of the much needed updates…..

P.s. lets get the safety cameras added soon…..

8. Paul-Georges Rodrigues Milhano
    Posted August 17, 2009 at 4:46 am | Permalink

CoPilot 8… surprise!
    After few hicups, I have been able to run and discover the all new interface.
    Easy to use and navigate through. New functions…
    Just brilliant…
    Awating impatiently for the launch of LiveLink and the premium live services.
    Although, I wonder if you can carry your premiums from CoPilot 7?

• Christian Oliff // European Webmaster
      Posted August 17, 2009 at 6:04 am | Permalink

@Paul-Georges Rodrigues Milhano – Livelink is free to use for all users. Check http://live.alk.com. Traffic from v7 isn’t transferable to v8 I’m afraid… we’ll have news on traffic for v8 available very soon.

@David – We’re expecting Europe version to be back on the App Store very soon. I don’t have a more definitive date though I’m afraid…

@Hugo Tulli – CoPilot Live for Android/Windows Mobile will be available to buy soon as a DVD installer. We’ll post news on this blog as soon as we have it.

@Alan J Roberts – If your HTC Touch Pro2 has CoPilot Live preinstalled on the ROM, the CoPilot Live 8 will NOT install on it. If you don’t have CoPilot Live preinstalled on the ROM, then CoPilot Live will run perfectly.

@Martin Daler – We’ve updated the Central2 webpage to reflect the compatibility.

@Chris Morton – CoPilot Central 2 is not compatible with iPhone.

9. Mark Shaw
    Posted August 17, 2009 at 9:00 am | Permalink

I have a 2-year subscription to traffic from V 7 and have just read that it is not transferable to V 8. Will i therefore get a refund?

also I don’t see how you can launce a product and dont actually say that the premium features are not available. If i new this I woudl have waited.

10. Jalan
    Posted August 17, 2009 at 9:14 am | Permalink

Who is the traffic content provider for the US version?

11. Dan Morrall
    Posted August 17, 2009 at 12:38 pm | Permalink

Hi had been using the latest version of v7 with the live search which worked well but it doesn’t appear to work on version 8 is part of the premium live product if so how much will it cost thanks love the new version but miss qwerty keyboard Dan

12. Jalan
    Posted August 17, 2009 at 3:41 pm | Permalink

Mark Shaw – under every single paragraph advertising a LIVE feature it says “Premium Live service, available to purchase from CoPilot Central soon.” Granted the text is light and small, but it is there. I agree though, why launch this thing without the premium services ready? You get everyone hyped up and then deflate the enthusiasm while we wait for the “good stuff.” Can you imagine the buzz if this was all ready and worked from day one. Sometimes the marketing people inside these tech firms just drive me nuts. It defies logic.

13. Jalan
    Posted August 17, 2009 at 4:15 pm | Permalink

An issue for the next update:

In QUICK STOP, you’ve got the icons for Restaurants and Hotels reversed. Clicking on Restaurants brings up Hotel listings and clicking on Hotels, brings up Restaurants.

Please consider:

I really wish there was an easy way to cancel a route. If I am routing somewhere and decide I no longer want to be in routing mode, I’d like to click the settings menu on the map screen and have CANCEL ROUTE be an option. Right now you have to click MENU, PLAN or EDIT a TRIP, OPTIONS, CLEAR, YES, GO just to cancel a route. That is way too much to do to cancel a route. Most PND’s have this feature within 2 clicks.

I’d like to see a menu item that tells me my current location: address, city, state. There is a menu option to SAVE my current location, which is great, but often times when I am traveling I simply want to know where I am without wanting to save the location.

While it is nice that the app handles multi-stop routes, it appears you do so simply by automating sequential single-point route calculations. While it is nice to know the ETA to the interim-stop, your approach leaves out showing us the ETA of our final destination, which often is more important than the ETA of a interim stop. If I am traveling to a business meeting and I want to make a slight side route to stop at a McDonald’s drive-thru on the way, your app won’t show me the ETA of my final destination: the business meeting. If my daughter’s gymnastics class starts at 6pm and I need to route via the school to pick her up, I have no idea from your app whether I will arrive at 6pm on time. I only know the ETA to the interim stop. I would really encourage you to come up with a better method of handling multi-point routes. I like knowing the time to the next stop, but I think that you should show BOTH ETA’s on the screen: next stop and final destination.

Your “SEARCH ALONG ROUTE” functionality could be greatly improved by telling us how far off our route the POI is located. In other words, if I am searching for GAS along my route, and there are 2 gas stations within 3 miles, I would much prefer the station that is 2.9 miles ahead and 0.1 miles off the route, versus the gas station that is 0.5 miles ahead but 2.5 miles off the route. Dash Navigation, before it imploded, had this feature and it was significantly beneficial.

When I am in routing mode and I select and search for another POI, when I hit GO, your software should ask me “Create New Route” or “Insert As Via?” Right now it just creates a new route. If I am driving and decide I am hungry, I should be able to insert a restaurant into my current route quickly without having to get into the PLAN or EDIT a TRIP menu.

Thank you.

14. robert j aven
    Posted August 18, 2009 at 1:37 am | Permalink

why no qwerty ?

15. Clive Grounds
    Posted August 18, 2009 at 2:29 am | Permalink

I have a HTC Touch Pro 2.
    There is no CoPilot Live preinstalled on the ROM.
    CP8 installs o.k. but try as I may CP8 can not find the built in GPS.
    I have also tried to connect to a bluetooth GPS and that has also failed.
    I posted as question on your support site last friday and have not had a responce yet.
    I have paid good money for this software and I am not able to use it.
    Please chase up you support department.

16. Posted August 18, 2009 at 6:30 am | Permalink

I have an HTC Touch Pro 2 with Version 7 included in the ROM update.

Since the compatability list showed TP2, I paid for the new version (UK and Ireland Maps) then encountered two problems:

1. There was no way of uninstalling the Rom version of CoPilot 7 manually.
    2. The installer itself cannot uninstall CoPilot 7, so reported failure.

I sent support requests to both ALK and HTC, HTC responded the following day with a sorry we don’t know but ALK do (not very helpful but points for honesty and speed of response), but as yet no response from the ALK guys – I appreciate they are probably super busy with the new release, but you’re not giving good vibes off here guys!

The good news is that when I took off the V8 maps and put back the V7 maps to try and see if V7 still worked, to my surprise V8 started to load! I quickly reset the device and put the V8 maps on, registered and now V8 is running fine.

Overall, as a long term TTN user (since WinMo V3) I’m quite impressed – there’s still a few things I need to get used to that annoy me, but generally it’s good.

I only have two final concerns now:

1. Will the ALK support team ever get back to me – with a solution on how to remove V7 or otherwise?
    2. I need to send my phone back to HTC for repair (the space bar is faulty), so if they send me a replacement device I wonder how easy it will be to transfer my licence/registration.

Fingers crossed it will work.

17. Tony Crabbe
    Posted August 18, 2009 at 8:05 am | Permalink

Copilot Live 8 Now available -upgrade and download today.
    Did so and followed the instructions but not compatibility with Copilot7! Lost all favourites, routes in both UK and Australia along with Australia maps.
    Why do they not tell you this before downloading and installing! This in my mind is NOT an UPGRADE but a new programme. Central 2 only gives access to the device files and cannot be used for route planning on the desktop as with the previous Copilot Central! No mention of theses changes either before installation
    It may be a cheaper product but it has lost its functional interface plus all my files.
    Not happy!

18. Mark Ashcroft
    Posted August 20, 2009 at 10:03 am | Permalink

I’ve been told my ALK that my traffic subscription that was purchased less than a month before the upgrade would not work on live 8 and that they may be able to offer me a discount when it becomes available. That is clearly not acceptable, as I would be paying twice for the same service.

Here is a sensible suggestion for ALK. If a customer has a current traffic services contract it should continue for the two years it was purchased for, regardless of any updates to software. I have paid for two years of traffic updates, I want two years of traffic updates. So what do you think ALK – a reasonable request from your customers or are you going to going to upset a lot of people – over to you!

19. Chris H
    Posted August 22, 2009 at 6:19 pm | Permalink

Great Post Jalan! I have noticed the same issues. But I’m going to add some more.

First, CP8 looks great. I couldn’t resist the price! I jumped on this quick and then realized I bought a half usable product? Copilots reply that Live Traffic / Text to Speech / etc. will be available soon is going to drive me nuts. They can at least give us a ball park date? Really, if I sold you a car and said the gas tank would be available soon – you would really like to know a date. I mean, soon can really mean anytime. It’s very a very lame timeframe. How would you like to be told your paycheck will arrive soon. I could go on and on with examples. I’m trying to be nice, but if you did a poll on this “soon” reply you would get a lot of angry replies. PLEASE TELL US WHAT SOON MEANS? Within a month or two? A few weeks, heck I don’t mind waiting a little, but if it’s more like I’m going to have to wait for 6mos, I’m moving on. Thanks.

One other issue – I cannot get the “Speed Limit” to display no matter what I try. Is this supposed to work in North America on a Windows Mobile phone? Just checking.

Impatiently waiting..Lol
    Chris H.

20. Chris H
    Posted August 22, 2009 at 6:23 pm | Permalink

Answering my own post above, I just read that the Speed Limits are not available in North America? Well that stinks, North America really doesn’t have that many customers. :(

Hopefully it can be added soon. :) Lol

Chris H.

21. Chris H
    Posted August 22, 2009 at 6:54 pm | Permalink

One more thing, after re-reading the Copilot 8 page http://alk.com/copilot/

-LiveSearch – doesn not say available soon, just that it’s not avail on iphone/android

On another page, I don’t remember

-ClearTurn – does not say it’s not available in North America

This is the v8 features page which does not say that the premium options will be available soon. Below is a clip from the page. I wish these below options were packed in my purchase and available like it says. But they are not. :(

CoPilot Live v8 is packed full of advanced features designed to make every journey better.

* New: Text to Speech (Premium Speech option available through CoPilot Central). CoPilot can provide detailed spoken turn instructions using the latest Text to Speech technology to pronounce full street names
    * New: CoPilot Command (Premium Speech option available through CoPilot Central). Operate many of CoPilot’s menus hands-free with CoPilot Command voice recognition

I’ll add more soon :)

Chris H.

Please don’t take me wrong, I really like Copilot 8, I want it to be my favorite nav software. It looks great, works fast and only had one tiny issue w/Hotels & Restaurants reversed. But I’m not happy with feeling like I was mislead when buying a product that doesn’t seem to do all the things I read about…yet. Or finding out several options are not available in North America after I purchased CP8.

There is also a plethora of support options! Kuddos! (Blogs, Support pages, FAQs, PDF manual via http://nasupport.alk.com website, Twitter, email etc.) These options show that ALK is trying to be very proactive and provides lots of consumer confidence.

22. Chris H
    Posted August 22, 2009 at 7:02 pm | Permalink

I wanted to add that “LiveLink” is so cool! I can really see this growing and becoming very useful as Copilot takes over the world :) But right now, I don’t have any Copilot 8 friends yet. :( Maybe soon I’ll find some…:)

Chris H.

23. Jesus
    Posted August 23, 2009 at 7:06 pm | Permalink

I bought the upgrade to copilot live 8 For windows mobile, but I can’t use any of the live services ( live link, weather, etc…) the option looks grayed out. On the website, it did not mention that the live link and weather services were not available. this information on the website is False advertising. When will the software be fully functional as advertised?

24. Chris H
    Posted August 23, 2009 at 9:57 pm | Permalink

Hmm. Jesus, what is your location. Livelink and LiveWeather should work after you register etc. Mine works, just waiting on the Premium services. Good luck.

25. mark
    Posted August 24, 2009 at 12:04 am | Permalink

re traffic subscription…. this is a reply from ALK tech support posted 19 August. you will see they told me traffic available end of week – DID NOT HAPPEN & now don’t reply to my updates. service going down hill, may have to retun to Tom Tom if they dont get their act together very soon!

Dear Mark,

Thank you for contacting CoPilot Technical Support.

Unfortunately as Simon previously mentinoed to you on the phone, it is not possible to transfer previous v7 upgrades to v8. Upgrades are for the life span of the product version so any upgrades purchased under CoPilot 7 cannot be used on CoPilot 8. Likewise any previous upgrades from CoPilot 5 cannot be used on CoPilot 6, 7 or 8. We will be releasing Traffic later this week for CoPilot 8.

If you have any further questions, or feel that this incident has not been resolved to your satisfaction, please do not hesitate to bring this to our attention.

Regards,

CoPilot Technical Support

also, i updated the day the product was released and it did not state on the page that traffic was not availble, this must have been added once people started complainig. I also want to know what ALK are going to do about people who purchased 2-year subscription to traffic as does not say when upgrading that this will be lost – is this not theft!!

26. adi58
    Posted August 24, 2009 at 9:29 am | Permalink

CoPilot live 8 on HTC Hero:

There is a option in the Copilot Central 2.0 to convert the tracks from *.gps to *.kml . These *.kml – files should be loadable into google earth. I’m living in Germany. Google earth shows the golf of Guinea after loading *.kml converted tracks. But I’m sure that I cycled in Germany and the navigation worked fine.

Any hints?

Here a short section of *.gps

$GPGSA,A,3,,,,,,,,,,,,,1.71,0.97,1.41*F

240809 080748.000

2795.35,9703.23333333333,0

240809 080945.000

2793.53333333333,9689.91666666667,0

27. andy
    Posted August 24, 2009 at 12:35 pm | Permalink

It since the phone like n95/n96 are not getting copilot v8 ,as i have said to them .But if i can not get copilot v8 for my n96 i well stay with v7 as i got a new snooper truck mate a it comes with free map .I will see , but i think it will be a long wait , and does copilot want to lose very long time custom , that i go back to copilot 3.1

28. Jesus
    Posted August 24, 2009 at 1:49 pm | Permalink

I live in Orlando, FL, U.S.A

29. mark
    Posted August 24, 2009 at 3:22 pm | Permalink

why does no one at ALK want to reply to my concerns re existing traffic subscriptions being carried over to v.8. i have now left messages her & with tech support. Come on is it not time you answered our questions re this fantastic new product where most of the services are still not available.

30. RobP
    Posted August 26, 2009 at 1:38 am | Permalink

Been running CPL8 on my HTC TP2 for a couple of days. Have to say that in the main, I really like it – it has a lot less lag than any other navigation apps that I’ve tried on the TP2, baring maybe Mobile Navigator.

A couple of annoying points:

1. The landscape mode puts a big black strip down the right hand side of the screen with turn information etc… so you don’t get a full-screen map. My wife has CPL8 on her HTC Hero, and that gives a full-screen map in landscape mode, with the turn and ETA information displayed elsewhere on the screen without losing any of the map. This works really well, so is there any chance that we can have the same on the WM version?

2. Also, when in landscape mode, the speed camera warning window that comes onto the screen is slightly corrupted – where it displays the speed that you are doing at the top of the mini window, there is a very small speed-camera icon that sits of the top of it so you can’t read it at all.

3. This morning, about 20 minutes into a trip, it suddenly said no GPS Signal, and then after 20 seconds or so, GPS signal lost trying to re-establish position, then flicked back to no signal, then trying to re-establish and just flicked between those two states. The only way to resolve this was just to exit the application. I’ve read of quite a few people experiencing this already – is this something that you are already working on a fix for?

• Jon
      Posted September 5, 2009 at 12:23 pm | Permalink

I have exactly the same problem. It usually starts doing this about 1 hour into use, then every hour after that. All my other GPS programmes are fine. I’ve hard reset, updated the rom, and reinstalled, but copilot still does this.

31. Tim Sergent // Marketing & Communications Manager
    Posted August 26, 2009 at 3:51 am | Permalink

No QWERTY Keyboard

Thanks to all the posters who’ve commented on this. We are planning to reintroduce a QWERTY keyboard via a free update in the near future.

Local Search on Android and iPhone
    Local Search will be available with our Premium Live Services upgrade in September. We will make an announcement on this blog when it goes live.

The Quick Link buttons for Hotels and Restaurants
    Thank you for the feed back on this. It has been logged and this issue will be fixed in the next product update.

Where Am I? Button
    Thank you for the feedback on this. We will pass this observation on to our developer team.

32. Tim Sergent // Marketing & Communications Manager
    Posted August 26, 2009 at 4:01 am | Permalink

RobP – Hi Rob, glad that you are liking the product on the whole.

With regards to your first point about the device not showing a full display in landscape, there should be a small arrow button in the bottom right hand corner of the landscape map. If you click on this, is will take you to full screen.

With regards to the other matters, can I suggest you drop a line to our technical support team – http://www.copilotlive.com/support

• Jalan
      Posted August 28, 2009 at 4:39 pm | Permalink

Tim Sergent: We know how to contact support, the problem is they aren’t getting back to people. I personally have an outstanding contact since August 17 without a response.

• RobP
        Posted September 2, 2009 at 5:48 am | Permalink

Yes, my wife has the same issue – an outstanding support problem since 25th August with no response. That’s not good enough, customers that pay their money deserve a decent level of support.

33. RobP
    Posted August 26, 2009 at 7:21 am | Permalink

@Tim Sergent – Thank you for that tip – works perfectly for full screen in landscape mode. I have contacted support about the other issues.

The other thing that I’ve just noticed, is that the 3D POI image for safety cameras is corrupted – it just shows black and white stripped lines within the pop-up shape rather than a symbol for a camera – I’ve double checked, and it seems to be that the image that is unpacked when the speed cameras are integrated form the EXP file is the issue rather than the application not displaying it properly. I will raise this with your support department so that they are aware of the problem before the next release of safety camera updates.

On another note, is there a possibility of a user forum being created (if indeed there isn’t already one that I’ve missed!). The blogs with feedback are great, and I think a forum to interact through would be a great extension of that…

34. Boudman
    Posted August 31, 2009 at 12:57 am | Permalink

Has anyone installed CP8 on an HP-910c ? It appears to be installing, but will not run. I noticed in the _setup.xml file that it says OSVersion Max 5.99. I am running WM-6.1. Would this be an issue ?

35. Keith
    Posted September 5, 2009 at 3:46 pm | Permalink

I have upgraded to 8 and I have downloaded on 8/21 and now on 9/4 (support said fixes were made to the download since I had purchased) and neither of my installs have POIs. I select Destination and the POI selection is dim and inactive. Also inactive are the Live Services. Anyone have any ideas? As I said, I’ve installed on two different occasions with the same bad results.

36. Will
    Posted September 8, 2009 at 1:58 am | Permalink

Hi,

I recently bought this app and have to say I was impressed. Nice UI, well laid out, a nice number of functions etc etc. While on the first boot up of the programe it did take a while to connect, afterwards it was merely seconds. Perfect. I chose this app from the general reviews and delayed buying Tom Tom or Navigon..

One thing to point out, a function were you can lock the screen rotation would be handy, as when walking along using the app, the screen happens to jump from landscape to portrait and back again at the slightest tilt of the phone. A little annoying.

Then I took my phone to Holland for the weekend and was really going to rely on it to navigate around – it was useless. End of.

When I did manage to get a connection and it routed out my destination, the bloody thing would not follow me. In other words copilot would eventually place me at a certain location, I’d then walk, cycle, drive for another 3-20kms, but the program still tells me I’m back at where I began?!!!! This all with a connection as indicated by the sat icon at the bottom right hand side. I ended up resorting to using the maps app built in to my Iphone 3G. Far superior.

What’s the point in having a sat nav program that I have paid good money for when I need it most – it does not work? I know my away around Ireland, I need the sat nav for when I’m abroad!

So my question – is this because the app uses ASSISTED G.P.S. via the net and is not just a dedicated G.P.S. to get a location Fix? Is this going to happen to me again in Italy come Christmas? Will I end up throwing my iphone at some poor pasta munching Italian in fury. The last thing I want to do is rely on my wife to navigate (I’d like to point out she’s Italian).

Copilot explain please!
    Thanks,

Will

37. Håkan
    Posted September 8, 2009 at 5:11 am | Permalink

Hi I got a TP2 with the CP7 trial installed. I tried it and liked it, now the trial has expired.

So now when CP8 is out I don’t want to buy the CP7.

In an answer by Christian Oliff above it was stated that CP8 don’t work with CP7 preinstalled.

In my case I just got a trial installed:

1) Can or must I remove the trial to get CP8 working?
    2) Can I remove the trial, if so how?
    3) Will CP8 work at all with TP2? Some says that it does even with TP7 installed before, but you stated the issue with TP7 preinstall so I don’t know actually.

38. Jens
    Posted September 9, 2009 at 1:22 pm | Permalink

How long does it take to get a confirmation email with the download link? I paid 4 hours ago and have received an order fulfillment email, but there’s no download link. I also submitted this as a help ticket and have received an automated acknowledgment response, but nothing else. Is this a sign of future customer support levels?

39. p diddy
    Posted September 17, 2009 at 2:21 pm | Permalink

for tp2 users: install copilot 8. it will try to uninstall copilot 7 and will fail. however if you now click copilot icon, it will launch the version 8. use sktools to remove program ‘copilot’. it will completly remove copilot and then use clean facilty to remove old copilot 7 registry entries.

Copilot 7 and all it reg entries are now fully removed.

soft reset and install copilot 8.

fully compatible with tp2, works very well but voice & speeck not available yet through copilot central and either way tp2 has voice control issues because of its widcomm bluetooth stack.

wm6.5 will fix this when it comes as a free update

40. Håkan
    Posted September 20, 2009 at 1:51 am | Permalink

Thanks P diddy, you are better than the staff at CP!

I will try that as soon as I get my TP2 in order (broken screen no Internet connection through GPRS and a bad key).

41. Col H
    Posted September 25, 2009 at 11:49 am | Permalink

Hi all, I downloaded copilot 8 two days ago and gave it it’s first trial today. I’m using a touch pro 2.
    Good points: nice UI.
    Bad points: product is dire.

To clarify:
    When driving along the sat nav decides to mark me as staionary and off road.
    Sat Nav keeps losing GPS fix. Same problem as Rob P.
    Safety cameras do not show whilst driving.

I am very disappointed :(