Safety Camera Database Update

Safety CameraA new safety camera database has just been posted. Click the link below for download link and instructions.

CoPilot Live for Android customers will be able to download the update via CoPilot Central 2.0 on Monday 27th July.

[ratings]

This entry was posted in Uncategorised and tagged . Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. Clive
    Posted July 28, 2009 at 2:40 pm | Permalink

Still not available from Copilot Live 2.0. Cannot download anything other than maps (no voices, POIS, safety cameras etc). Will these be available soon?

2. Pieter
    Posted July 31, 2009 at 2:50 pm | Permalink

Let me start by saying what a great product CoPilot is.
    Just bought the US and EU maps. Great product at a very good price!

But I’m having the same issue.
    I suspect these things haven’t been updated yet? Or have been put on hold for an obvious reason?
    Will there be a fix released soon for this?
    I would love to get some money making camera warnings :-)

Also having an issue with importing my trips after converting them to .KML files.
    My routes end up being in one point in the ocean at 0°00’00.00″S – 0°00’00.00″W :-)

3. Dennis
    Posted August 6, 2009 at 6:31 am | Permalink

As Clive above. When can we expect something other than maps on Central

4. Hanson Brantley
    Posted August 12, 2009 at 6:43 pm | Permalink

When will the safety camera update be available for Android customers in the USA? I also do not see any POI or other options available to download or buy in Central.

5. Gwydion
    Posted August 13, 2009 at 3:50 am | Permalink

It’s August 13th and I haven’t seen this updates in copilot central for Android.

6. Debbie
    Posted August 17, 2009 at 3:40 am | Permalink

I love Co-pilot and have used it for years on my WinMo5 phone, and would recommend it to anyone.

We were told that the Safety Camera Database and Live Traffic would be available at the end of July and it is still not available in Co-Pilot Central.

I am guessing that they were delayed due to the Iphone version being released, but as this has now been released, do you have a date when these services will be available for the UK?

I am going on my holidays at the end of the week, and was hoping these would be available by now.

Thanks in advance

7. mavgink
    Posted August 17, 2009 at 1:12 pm | Permalink

still no updates… i love the app.. but the lack of updates/communication can kill this feeling…

8. Norman
    Posted August 21, 2009 at 4:33 am | Permalink

On Copilot Central with Copilot 7 I could plan trips on my PC and then send to my device. This does not seem to be available on Central 2 or am I missing something?

9. Debbie
    Posted September 1, 2009 at 3:12 am | Permalink

After my post above, I received an email from Christian Oliff stating:-

Hello – thanks for the message. Traffic and safety cameras will be available very soon; before you go on holiday next week.

I am now back from my holiday, and still it they are not available.

Having been a user of Co pilot for many years, I am extremely disappointed with the lack of updates on availability of these vital components of a good sat nav system. Reading the blog post dated 27th August there are many people awaiting the Traffic Updates, and users or other phones can already access the speed camera database.

So come on guys, at least keep us updated as to when these will be available!

10. Adam
    Posted September 8, 2009 at 3:47 am | Permalink

Is there any official comment on this? This was promised on 27th July, but still isn’t available in September.

The android market place continues to list as a feature (direct quote):
    “- Safety camera alerts”

But this isn’t supported!

I bought the app a month ago on this basis, but the above statement seems to be completely false advertising.

11. Gwydion
    Posted October 9, 2009 at 5:10 am | Permalink

October 8 and still no speed cameras.

• Christian Oliff // European Webmaster
      Posted October 9, 2009 at 8:03 am | Permalink

Hi Gwydion. If you have:

CoPilot Live for iPhone – Safety Cameras database is updated with each free update, and you can update now within the app

CoPilot Live for Android – Safety Cameras database is updated with each free update and you can manually update from http://www.alk.eu.com/copilot/cameras.asp (follow instructions for Windows Mobile)

CoPilot Live for Windows Mobile – You can manually update from http://www.alk.eu.com/copilot/cameras.asp