CoPilot Live for Android – Update posted

We have just made the first software update available, and it’s free of charge for existing customers.

The CoPilot Android software update includes:

-    Faster file download and improved user experience
-    Download resume functionality added
-    Faster UI responsiveness and minor improvements
-    Improved language support
-    Various bug fixes and map performance improvements
-    Support for keyboard underscores and dashes

If you already own CoPilot Live for Android go to ‘My downloads’ on your device, it will show that an update is available. Select ‘Install updates’.

It will install the update on top of your current app. There’s no need to reactivate or re-download maps!

New customers purchasing the app from Android Market will automatically get the updated version.

We’d like to thank everyone who has given us such positive feedback about CoPilot Live for Android – our first release for this smartphone platform.

We are continually working to make CoPilot better, and while we can’t respond directly to every piece of feedback we receive, you can be sure we read every one.

[ratings]

This entry was posted in Uncategorised and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. jack
    Posted July 23, 2009 at 9:09 am | Permalink

Finally, download resume! what about all the oggs showing in the music player, is that has been fixed as well?

2. chris
    Posted July 23, 2009 at 9:20 am | Permalink

@Jack, If you create .nomedia file inside of the copilot folder on memory card, the files will no longer appear in music player, i believe

3. Aitch
    Posted July 25, 2009 at 10:22 am | Permalink

Great Prog ! works perfect ! But would like the word ” The” used in voice commands.. ie.. at THE roundabout take THE …. etc

4. Matthew DeVries
    Posted July 26, 2009 at 11:45 am | Permalink

The maps in my town are pretty out of date. My street that I live on has existed for about 5 years, and it still isn’t on your maps.

5. mustafaerhan kaya
    Posted July 28, 2009 at 11:56 pm | Permalink

merhaba ben co pilot kullanıyorum ve çok memnunum.türkiyedyim.ancak co pilot programımda ses mevcut değil.sesli kullanamıyorum.ve tema değiştiremiyorum.yardım lütfen

6. Anthony
    Posted July 29, 2009 at 2:37 pm | Permalink

I have installed the 10 day trial version someone posted to see if, I liked it. And I did. The trial expired. So, I payed for it today and it will not let me reinstall it. It says trial has expired but, I just payed for it I fear I will have to get a refund just in case they can’t fix the issue within 24hrs. This sucks. I get an error 703

7. Paul Browning
    Posted July 30, 2009 at 1:12 am | Permalink

I’ve just installed the latest version of CoPilot on my HTC Hero and I’m pretty impressed.

Couple of suggestions though:
    1) Any chance of an option for a QWERTY keyboard layout ?
    2) Any chance of “browse map” option which allows searching for addresses, POIs etc without creating a route to them ?

Cheers.

8. Colin
    Posted July 30, 2009 at 2:21 am | Permalink

I downloaded co-pilot android version to my htc hero last night from android market.
    I then appeared to successfully install it on my phone.
    It asked me which maps i wanted to download and i chose full U.K.
    It kept telling me “download error”
    This maps download was attempted to my phone not pc
    I came out of that and pressed the co-pilot icon in programs and the screen just kept going black (off)
    I had to uninstall the download and ask for refund
    If you can advise me on what went wrong i will gladly repurchase the product.

• Posted September 3, 2009 at 1:35 pm | Permalink

the google android market,is rubbish iv tried to get a refund for six weeks.google do not have a customer service department.GOOD LUCK.

9. Ross
    Posted August 13, 2009 at 3:42 pm | Permalink

Liking some of the new features on CoPilot 8, but really could do with the ability to use a QWERTY layout.

10. Posted August 14, 2009 at 1:48 pm | Permalink

Fab works quite well, maybe some speed optimisations and QWERTY keryboard would be MUCH loved!

11. David
    Posted August 14, 2009 at 5:03 pm | Permalink

I live in Sweden and when I go searching for CoPilot on the android market there are no results what so ever. Why? Where can I get it?

12. melix
    Posted August 17, 2009 at 8:52 am | Permalink

Hi,

I bought Copilot Live a few weeks ago from the Android Market, and I have now some suggestions to make it easier to use :

1. ability to use the default virtual android keyboard instead of your own : it is always hard to switch from one to another, and the virtual keyboard is the one we use most
    2. ability to browse the map
    3. I don’t think the “favorites” vs “my places” discrimination is relevant. I have used TomTom for several years which had not this separation, and it is always annoying to have to think about whether one place is in your favorites or in the default places. I which to go home, and indeed, this is my favorite place ;)
    4. It would be nice if you could tell copilot to avoid some specific roads. For example, during my vacations, I was in a trafic jam on a free highway. I could not tell copilot to find an alternate route. Don’t know if it’s a bug or not, but it’s definitely annoying. I would have liked to tell “ok I’m on A20, please make me go out of this and avoid this highway”. I could not choose A20 in the menu.

13. Barry
    Posted August 17, 2009 at 10:04 am | Permalink

Please, please, a qwerty keyboard! Better yet, use the standard keyboard ALL other apps use!

14. Brett
    Posted August 18, 2009 at 8:06 pm | Permalink

I downloaded the newest version and for two weeks banged my head on a wall trying to get the maps to show up.

I downloaded the north american maps, they show up in copilot central on my PC… it says their on the SD card on android… however when I open copilot on the phone, is says, no maps installed. Same behavior when I try to download directly to the phone. It just doesn’t work for me.

I read through the reviews on market, this appears to be a very common problem. I’ve requested a refund, but the last question I put through to customer service took over a week for a reply.

Good news is, since I uninstalled it, my phones been faster than ever!

15. Timbo
    Posted August 21, 2009 at 11:37 pm | Permalink

Running the app on my UK Vodafone Magic, heres some feedback:

1) QWERTY keyboard please!
    2) Call handling – When a phone call releases and CoPilot comes back, why do I always get the menu box up as if I have just started the program, my route still runs behind, but I then have to touch the “X” to close that box. Annoying
    3) Can you make the app faster at switching back after a phone call? or at least “shout” a direction whilst on the phone!
    3) “Welcome to CoPilot Live” in your ears every time the program starts is now annoying!
    4) Live services – When TRYING to reply to a message I hit reply, and get the keyboard, but there is no text box for the input, typing shows nothing on the screen
    5) When are we getting live traffic option

16. chris brodie
    Posted August 27, 2009 at 5:26 am | Permalink

Great Product..

But what the heck were you lot thinking with the keyboard. ABCDE …. So confusing.

Needs better intergration into android.. and a qwerty keyboard is a must in the next update

Keep up the good work . im waiting for your updates

17. Josh
    Posted August 27, 2009 at 9:13 pm | Permalink

CoPilot Live 8 for Android : T-Mobile G1 & HTC HERO : A Quick review for ALK CoPilot Live on Android for those who are concerned to buy.

Couple things that upset me about CoPilot Live on Android is that the Android Market list full features not available until 8 days after payment has cleared. This makes it so you can’t return the software once all features work. Well there are no more features after full activation. I though voice command and text to speach would be available or atleast a premium option to purchase. Here it comes a list of disapointments. F.Y.I My experience comes from using a Garmin Nuvi 360 for 5 years with the same maps.

To ALK / CoPilot Live 8 Developers, Marketing Team, ect.

* Answer tech support requests from users that spent the money. I asked one simple question 2 weeks ago, no response.

* Don’t advertise Voice Commands if its not available, and don’t ghost out the option as if its an add when it doesn’t exist.

* Don’t advertise Text to Speach if its not available

* Maps are out of date, The company I work for has been in business since 1977 at the same address and is one of the largest companies in the state but is not listed.

* Keyboard – use Androids native keyboard, don’t event your own

* “Just Ahead” for every turn gets obnoxious is is obvious when you are driving unless you drive your car backwards for long distances.

* POI’s should be displayed in list format with an arrow pointing in which direction they are in relevance to the direction you are heading. This is important when you are trying to find the next upcoming gas station, instead you get the one you passed 26 miles ago and have to hit back to find the one to the right, then the left then the one you just passed, then the data is out of date and you have to search again. You get my point, which direction is the POIs.

* I magically have a road driving through my wall in my neighbor hood, and CoPilot suggests that I use it. My neighbor hood is only 10 years old and is new development, nothing has been changed, so why is Garmin, Magellan, Tom Tom all right but ALK uses different data that is incorrect.

* 3/10th of a mile is grammatically incorrect as much as it is a math problem to figure out or say by the time it rolls up on you. HOw about 500ft or a third of a mile, give us options other than this equation. Or simply ad an “s” to your statement so it is softer on the ears.

* “Welcome to CoPilot Live”, I cringe when I hear it; I know I bough it I don’t need a reminder ever time it boots up.

* Whats with the spinning Logo, its off alignment and the sun is hitting it from a strange angle, when it comes to UI (user interface) everything is top notch but this.

* CoPilot Central 2.0 says “No Products of that type on record” for Map Extras, Points of Interest, Voices, Themes, Live Services. All that is left is maps which comes with the device. What premium services and add ons do you offer?

I do have one positive thing to say and that is nice job on the Map Presentation 2D/3D while in route. As it really looks good and does look aesthetically please other than the things I ranted about.

Lastly, I have heard some people argue that this is a $35 application and should be seen as such; A rating should not be based on cost but a small factor of the score primarily focused on what the application was trying to accomplish.

Please fix, as I see much potential in a half baked application. Other than that I would be more honest with users on your web, Android’s Market Place and at least with a fair trial. Again don’t present options that you can not provide.

enjoy,

Josh

18. Posted September 11, 2009 at 4:06 am | Permalink

Great product and very well priced. However, the keyboard is easily the worst I have ever used – it shouldn’t take 5 infuriating minutes to input a postcode.

19. Joey
    Posted September 24, 2009 at 2:28 pm | Permalink

like the program but keyboard is kinda…weird`? copilot central is useless atm for android.
    Welcome to copilot on start screen is acceptable IF only you could change it. Lots of bugs still so many i cba to list them but will gladly do if requested.

update soon or lose custommers