T-Mobile MDA Compact IV with CoPilot Live 7 – now available

CoPilot Live on the T-Mobile MDA Compact IV

We are pretty excited to see that the T-Mobile MDA Compact IV is now available to order on the T-Mobile UK web site.¬†The Compact IV is a sleek-looking phone with a clever new user interface and full Internet access via it’s in-built¬†Opera browser.¬†What we like most about it¬†= each one includes a seven day free trial to CoPilot Live 7!

Mobile phone afficionados will know that (unlike other Windows Mobile phones) the MDA Compact IV does not have a memory card slot, but rather an impressive 4GB internal memory. CoPilot Live 7 software and maps of UK and Ireland are preinstalled on the phone. Once the 7 day trial expires, customers will need to buy a full license to continue using CoPilot Live. For more information take a look at the T-Mobile web site.

[ratings]

This entry was posted in Uncategorised and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. alan
    Posted July 26, 2008 at 11:30 am | Permalink

Wanted to but this phone, but tried phoning customer services at T-mobile, to try and find out how much it would cost to buy a full license… they don’t know… not very helpful… Can anyone give me an idea? thanks

2. Christian Oliff // European Webmaster
    Posted July 28, 2008 at 9:58 am | Permalink

Hello Alan. It is £49.95 for a CoPilot Live 7 full license for T-Mobile MDA Compact IV users. This includes a 2-year subscription to traffic.

3. Matthew
    Posted August 2, 2008 at 6:43 am | Permalink

I have recently bought an MDA compact IV with Copilot pre installed.
    I have a couple of questions, to which I can’t find the answers on the net.
    1. Since the program is pre installed, and the set up disc doesn’t come with a copy of copilot, how do I ensure I have a back-up copy of the program. Do you provide back up copies?

2. The copilot program when bought separately comes with a program for managing the copilot installation from your desk-top. This feature appears to be missing from the list of features of the pre installed version. Is this the case? If so do you provide a down-load service for this?

Thanks

4. David Quin // European Marketing Director
    Posted August 5, 2008 at 3:01 am | Permalink

Hi Matthew, thanks for the e-mail. I hope you are enjoying your MDA Compact IV. The version of CoPilot Live that is pre-installed on the MDA Compact IV does not include CoPilot Central desktop software. There are no plans to offer it as a download currently. However should you need to reload the maps and software image it can be provided either as a download or on a CD via our customer support team.

5. Matthew
    Posted August 5, 2008 at 5:59 am | Permalink

Thanks David

Matthew

6. Hiren
    Posted September 14, 2008 at 7:06 am | Permalink

Hello there,
    I have got a compact 4 and copilot live is working fine on it..
    but last week i had to clear the memory of the phone, and couldnt find a way to take back up of the copilot live.. can i knw how do i get it back on? or do i need to contact tmobile people or who and how can i have the download link to the software?

7. Christopher Raven
    Posted December 15, 2008 at 7:03 am | Permalink

“However should you need to reload the maps and software image it can be provided either as a download or on a CD via our customer support team”

I only got to use a days trial and thorugh a problem with the phone; Tmobile instructed that I do a full reset. Since then Co Pilot hasn’t worked and says (after displaying the copilot 7 screen) .. “unable to open copilot. Please make sure storage card is inserted or that the data has been properly downloaded”.

Can you please provide me with the download so that I can see if its worth buying!

Kind Regards,

Chris

8. Lena
    Posted January 29, 2009 at 3:04 am | Permalink

Nice work! I’ll have to do a cross post on this one ;)

9. Wheve
    Posted February 3, 2009 at 4:38 pm | Permalink

blog.copilotlive.net – now in my rss reader :-)

10. joe
    Posted June 20, 2009 at 9:56 am | Permalink

how much is the
    fone !!!!!!!!

11. Posted June 25, 2009 at 11:46 am | Permalink

@ Joe – the MDA Compact IV appears to be out of stock at T-Mobile right now, but the Vario IV is available which is essentially the same phone but with the addition of a full QWERTY keyboard

12. Edward
    Posted July 9, 2009 at 1:53 am | Permalink

Hi, I too have wiped my T-Mobile MDA Compact VI to find I’ve lost the pre-installed CoPilot Live 7

I’ve got the email that gives my my licence

Can I have a download for this?

Thanks

Edward

13. Edward
    Posted July 9, 2009 at 5:33 am | Permalink

Hi ALK

I’ve also wiped my T-Mobile MDA Compact IV and lost CoPilot Live 7

I have the licence

Can I please get a download as well?

Many thanks

Edward

14. Symbian Applications
    Posted August 2, 2009 at 7:41 am | Permalink

I love my new Nokia N96. Nokia FTW. I found your blog on google and read a few of your other posts. I just added you to my Google News Reader. Look forward to reading more from you in the future.