CoPilot Live 7 now available to download @ Handango

Handango
We are excited to announce that CoPilot Live 7 is now available at Handango. Perfect for users with smartphones without a memory card (e.g. Nokia N95 8GB/SE W960i/HTC Touch Diamond) – just download the 312MB file and install to your phones internal memory!

The UK+Irelands map version is just £55.89, and we’ll be adding up the Europe maps version shortly.

www.handango.co.uk

[ratings]

This entry was posted in Uncategorised and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. mark
    Posted June 27, 2008 at 7:26 am | Permalink

Does it compatible with Motorola Z8/Z10 ?

2. Christian Oliff // European Webmaster
    Posted June 27, 2008 at 7:44 am | Permalink

Yes, it is fully compatible with the Motorola Z8/Z10.

3. D.P
    Posted August 7, 2008 at 2:21 pm | Permalink

Hello Christian,

Why when i contact Handango (Ryan) he told me that he will forward my email to ALK to help me with my request to have Copilot Central?

ALK told me to contact you as i bought the Copilot Live è from you.

How can i get Copilot Central?

Many thanks.

4. W Mason
    Posted August 22, 2008 at 2:16 am | Permalink

Can this be downloaded and installed to memory card if wanted instead?

Also, can the product code given at purchase of this be used to upgrade to Europe Maps on this website? I know I have to find the desktop central software from somewhere for this I suppose?

5. Christian Oliff // European Webmaster
    Posted August 22, 2008 at 3:57 am | Permalink

Yes, you can download and install to a memory card. The product key given can be used to upgrade to Europe maps. Once you’ve purchased the Europe map upgrade you can email us at handango@alk.com to receive download instructions for the Europe map data.

6. Frank
    Posted August 23, 2008 at 12:05 am | Permalink

Is there an expire date for the CoPilot? How do I get a license for my CoPilot 6 which is now asking for license after I have used it for a year?

7. CRAIG BEAUMONT
    Posted August 30, 2008 at 1:50 pm | Permalink

WARNING YOU DO NOT GET co pilot live desktop softwaer WITH THE DOWNLOAD…

8. Mike Stephenson
    Posted September 12, 2008 at 3:42 pm | Permalink

How do you add further maps without CoPilot® Central? I would want to add Europe & USA Maps

9. Ilya
    Posted November 5, 2008 at 6:49 pm | Permalink

It has long been looking for this information, thank you.

10. Posted November 11, 2008 at 7:18 am | Permalink

Dear Sir/Madam,
    I have Nokia-6600 model mobile phone and MP3 player software is “handango”
    when i started to play the songs, the message cam that
    “Your personal License key:”
    “Play time left”

pls give a suggestion or provide me the product key for operating.

Thanks

11. kska2
    Posted April 2, 2009 at 8:35 pm | Permalink

thanks

12. Mike Nield
    Posted June 9, 2009 at 7:51 am | Permalink

Hi – it is a good move to make copilot available as download only copy as not everyone wants all the associated packaging and sending me 1 1GB mini or micro SD is pointless as I need to copy it to a bigger memory card so that I can have other stuff stored on it also. I emailed ALK quite a while ago asking why you didn’t do this (other app companies have offered this facility for years) and I’m sure that I wasn’t alone in pointing this out.

But – if you’re like me and already own a version of copilot (6 in my case) and would like to upgrade this whole “available to download” is pretty pointless. Let’s have a look why:-

I can buy copilot HD (UK maps) from you for £55.99
    As an existing customer I can get an “upgrade” for £51.81

woo hoo – a saving of just over £4. Why bother with an upgrade when I could buy a new package and may be able to sell my cipilot v6 on Ebay for £5-10 (I haven’t investigated how much I could get for it).

But I could buy online and save both myself and ALK all that additional packaging, transport costs etc (helping the environment a litte along the way). How much – £69.99!!!!!!

Genius – get less – pay more. Why would I do this? Unless I have a desperate need for a Satnav system right now and you are charging for the convenience of a download rather than passing on the saving due to lack of postage/packaging/material etc etc etc..

I fancy Copilot 7 HD for my new HTC Touch Pro 2 but I am seriously looking at what my other options are (TomTom etc) as it really get’s me how you don’t understand the whole idea of “upgrades” and “download only”.

You have a good product – I just wish someone on the marketing side would get a clue.

Regards.

Mike

13. RobP
    Posted June 26, 2009 at 2:07 am | Permalink

That’s crazy that it doesn’t come with Copilot Central. Surely that’s an integral part of the product package?!

14. Usman
    Posted July 6, 2009 at 4:52 am | Permalink

I recently purchased copilot live 7 from handango, but desktop software was not included in the download. I have tried to contact handango but they dont even bother sending an auto reply let alone answering any queries. Does anyone know where i can download this software. Thanks
    Usman

• Christian Oliff // European Webmaster
      Posted July 7, 2009 at 4:24 am | Permalink

CoPilot Live from Handango does not include Central. Please note that Central 1.0 is not needed at all, you can purchase map upgrades from our webstore and download free safety camera updates from our web site. The only other feature, planning a trip, is really not needed as you can do that from your CoPilot device.

15. Ian Wood
    Posted July 9, 2009 at 9:26 am | Permalink

I recently Purchased CoPilot Live HD for my Touch Pro 2 smartphone. But no CoPilot Central software on the supplied DVD, there is plenty of room so why not supply it. Still no problem I thought, its bound to be available for download from the web site: How wrong could I be. This software is useless unless you have a copy of CoPilot Live so how about making it available to customers for download, it won’t cost you anything and it would make a lot of customers happy.

• Christian Oliff // European Webmaster
      Posted July 9, 2009 at 9:38 am | Permalink

CoPilot Central 1.0 is not needed at all, you can purchase map upgrades from our webstore and download free safety camera updates from our web site. The only other feature that Central has, planning a trip, is really not needed as you can do that from your CoPilot device. Central takes up 4GB of space on your hard drive as it installs maps of the whole world (it doesn’t ask which regions you want).

16. Lee Eggerton
    Posted July 11, 2009 at 7:39 am | Permalink

Got an XDA Guide from O2 recently, but the memory card is corrupt. The O2 store tried to contact ALK but no reply since it’s a Saturday. I want to download a new copy of the maps and save onto another memory card (coincidentally the one which contains my old Copilot), but the only way to recreate a memory card it seems is to install Copilot Central. Since this isn’t supplied with the phone, I need to download it but can’t find where from. I would be willing to suffer 4Gb taken up on my hard drive if it means I can make this thing work.

• Christian Oliff // European Webmaster
      Posted July 12, 2009 at 6:31 am | Permalink

Hello Lee. Sorry to hear about the problems with your memory card. Please contact ALK support and they will be be able to give you a download link for the application and map data.

17. lloyd
    Posted August 4, 2009 at 10:43 am | Permalink

doesn’t appear to be on the handango site anymore?