Heading back to school can be overwhelming. In addition to books, laptops and Ramen noodles, you’ll need to budget your money for the things you really need – like apps! Luckily for you, we’ve got an easy way for you to grab an iTunes giftcard to get some great apps that can help you adjust to campus life.
Here’s how to win:
1. Follow CoPilot on Instagram
2. Upload a picture of you headed back to school. A comically packed car, a before and after of your dorm room or the prettiest place on campus! Just make sure to use the hashtag: #copilotforcoeds
3. The winner will be announced on September 3rd. You can enter as many times as you’d like with as many different photos as you want!
Good luck! We can’t wait to see which filters you choose! 🙂
Your new map update for CoPilot North America is here! The update includes thousands of new miles of roads in the U.S., Canada and Puerto Rico.
Step-by-step guide to your new maps:
1) Download the latest free app update from iTunes, Google Play, Windows Phone Store or the CoPilot Web Store
2) Connect to WiFi
3) Inside your CoPilot app, go to MyCoPilot and select My Maps
4) Select North America.
5) A pop-up will appear asking you if you would like to install your map update. Tap Continue and your map download will immediately begin.
6) The North America region will automatically start downloading. If you would prefer to only download a sub-region (and save space on your device) just pause the North America region and tap the sub-region you wish to download.
7) Enjoy your updated maps!
Got a question? Please leave us a comment on our blog or contact CoPilot support.
Get ready to get ahead with CoPilot! Back to school doesn’t have to be stressful when you use our feature-rich app to find all the hidden places on campus that you’ll soon call home. Here’s how to make CoPilot work for you this fall:
Once you navigate your way to class, be sure to save the building in your favorites. This will help you avoid typing the address in all over again.
You’re not always going to use that meal plan and luckily for you, CoPilot offers POIs and searches powered by Yelp to help you find some great fare. Use our POIs to find movie theaters, stores and if you’re feeling really studious, a library!
CoPilot lets you enter multiple destinations with our Trip Optimization feature which will get you from class to class without getting lost.
Control Your Data
You don’t need your parents calling you every time you go over your data limit! Take charge of your own destiny…and data usage. You can select when and for what CoPilot uses your data.
Share with friends
The best way to make a new friend? Common interests, of course! Share where you are with CoPilot’s Social Sharing and see who frequents the same spots as you. Bond over school spirit at your college’s student store or find a workout pal at the gym!
Thanks to everyone who participated in our Summer Sweepstakes! We had a record number of entries this time around which makes us even more excited to do more contests for more prizes in the future! Keep checking on our website, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Google Plus for the latest news on future competitions!
The Nokia Lumia 520 grand prize winner is…
The CoPilot Live Premium app winners are…
- David Kane, Timi Cantisano, Robert Karlsson, David Michael, Alexandre Boff, Sergio Alcalde and Daniele Basilico!
- David Lawrence, Ducreux, Markus, Corpteg, Karim Uddin, Pietro Paolo Poli and Kevin Falzone!
Thanks again to everyone who entered! Safe travels!
Powered by INRIX real-time traffic information, ActiveTraffic™ gives CoPilot users the ability to battle traffic head on with information on the fastest, most efficient routes. Drivers will save time and use less gas, which means saving money! Whether commuting to work, running an errand or on a weekend getaway, every driver will appreciate a stress free trip with less time spent in traffic. Find out how to get your ActiveTraffic here.
Before you head out on the road, make sure to check the ActiveTraffic map. The map will outline your route, show you the traffic nearby and display your current delay. If you think you may want to try your luck on a different course, just tap the Alternate Route option at the bottom of the screen.
Want to learn all the ways this feature can help you navigate? Check out our video:
We want to give you a little more time to travel with us this summer. We’re extending our sale to August 11 so hurry and download CoPilot and get 10% off selected apps!
You’ve also still got time to get savings in your CoPilot GPS, with 10% off in-app map upgrades†. To get additional map regions, tap MyCoPilot > Features & Upgrades.
† Requires upgrade to full voice-guided navigation first
We’ve had a fantastic start to summer and this July, we brought you sales and sweepstakes to thank you for all of the great feedback and support! Don’t forget to enter to win a Nokia Lumia 520 and get 10% off selected CoPilot apps.
Here’s a comprehensive roundup of all the great reactions CoPilot received this month. Many thanks to everyone who took the time to write about us, we appreciate your support!
Download Now: The Best Apps for Your Next Road Trip by Jennifer M. Wood
“A few good reasons to pony up the $9.99 for CoPilot Live ($9.99; iOS, Android) instead of relying on Google Maps: You’ll score the usual (voice-guided, turn-by-turn directions that account for real-time traffic conditions), plus enjoy offline maps and navigation for when cell service is spotty.”
5 Cheap GPS Alternatives by Donna Fuscaldo
“But CoPilot isn’t only about offline maps: Users also get one year of real time traffic service and quarterly and monthly free map updates. CoPilot also provides detailed voice directions, pre-trip planning and a route calculator and lets you navigate to an address in your contacts.”
Read More Continue reading
CoPilot fans, we’re sure you’ve heard the news that we are now supported on Android, iOS and Windows Phone 8! To celebrate being a part of WP8 and our newest update, we’d like to give our users some prizes!
CoPilot Summer Sweepstakes – time to #switch?
Enter NOW for to win a CoPilot-ready Lumia 520 or one of our 14 CoPilot mobile navigation apps for iOS, Android or Windows Phone 8 – one app for every day of the contest!
CoPilot app winner(s) will be selected weekly via random drawing and the grand prize winner will be selected randomly among all the people who participated in contest which runs July 28 until August 10.
Competition winners will be announced on the CoPilot Facebook page, Google+ and Twitter – so remember to like or follow to see if you’re the lucky winner!
How to enter:
- Tweet the following in Twitter & Follow us @copilotlive_us to check if you have won:
- Visit the CoPilot Live Facebook page to enter the competition
- Fill out the competition form in Facebook for a chance to win
- Tell your friends to play too – navigation app winners will be selected weekly!
- We will be announcing weekly and grand prize winner(s) on our Facebook & G+ page – make sure to “like” us (or add us in your circle) to check if you have won.
Google +, using mobile or no social accounts?
Enter the competition here.
Summer travel is in full swing. No matter where your destination, beach or park, you can depend on CoPilot to get you there. Enjoy the sand between your toes, the sun on your skin and CoPilot in your car.
We’re giving you up to 10% off selected CoPilot apps until August 4th! Take advantage of this sale and the warm weather. You’ll also get 1 month of ActiveTraffic™ free – perfect for planning the best time to head to the beach to avoid sitting in traffic when you’re looking to relax!
Whether you’re a beach vacationer, adventure seeker, nature lover or sight seer, CoPilot can help you explore parts of Europe, USA and Canada, Brazil, South Africa, the Middle East or Australia this summer.
Take advantage of our sizzling summer deals in CoPilot GPS, with 10% off in-app map upgrades†. To get additional map regions, tap MyCoPilot > Features & Upgrades. Hurry, sale ends August 4th, 2013!
Wherever you’re headed this summer, we wish you safe travels!
† Requires upgrade to full voice-guided navigation first
Our latest update, v 18.104.22.1686, is available now for iOS users! Here’s what you get with our free update:
- NEW! Connection Settings with an offline switch – We’re giving our users an offline switch to help you control your data costs. – abroad and at home. You are able to disallow all data, or choose options to enable and disable. The app also warns you if your mobile switches from WIFI to 3G. Just go to “Settings” -> “Cellular Data Usage” and choose which settings work for you.
- NEW! Just Drive mode– for all the times your journey has no destination, this mode allows you to drive without a route but still provides you with your location and traffic on your road.
- NEW! Closed road notification with ActiveTraffic™– If our traffic feed says there is a closed road on your route we now give an explicit pop-up notifying you about the closed road. The pop-up gives you an option to find an alternative route or close/ignore the pop-up.
- Automatic Cloud Backup
- Updated and corrected Tunnel mode and other fixes
Following their exciting WWDC conference, Apple has made some changes to the requirements for detecting devices. Our CoPilot team has adjusted our process accordingly which means that all future app updates will work with devices equipped with iOS 6.0 or greater.
Most of our users will be unaffected because every iPhone is that CoPilot runs on has iOS 6. If you have iOS 5, we strongly recommend updating to iOS 6 to continue using CoPilot and receiving all of our future updates.
For iPad (1st Generation) customers who are unable to update to a newer OS version: you can of course continue to use your CoPilot app exactly as before, but will be unable to update to a newer version of CoPilot on that device. You may wish to download the current app from the App Store to iTunes on your computer as a backup should you need it, as you may be unable to download and install it from the App Store to your device.
If you get a new iPad in the future, you’ll be able to simply re-download from the App Store and login to continue using it – and get future app updates.