In a world where we can stream movies and music straight to our devices, data usage has become a concern for many users.
We understand that data is a precious commodity among smartphone users. Here at CoPilot, we want you to be able to watch that really cute cat video on YouTube without worrying about our app contributing to your data decrease. Our new connection settings feature allows our users to control how much of their data CoPilot uses while helping you navigate the open road.
You can manage your Cellular Data Usage by tapping Settings -> Cellular Data Usage. Once there, you’ll have the option of enabling your treasurable data only for the services you wish to use. Please remember, when downloading our maps always connect to a WiFi network to avoid data charges.
Need more ways to minimize data? Check out CNET’s HowTo to help manage your data.
CoPilot 9.4.2 iOS and Android App Update is here!
The new version brings you a free European & US map update, supports Android Swiftkey, introduces a new, highly requested Just Drive mode and helps you control data usage with an offline switch.
We are so excited to announce our latest update for our iOS, Android Google Play and Webstore customers. Our developers have been programming long and hard to bring you fixes and features.
CoPilot version 9.4.2 includes:
- Completely updated European and US Street maps – Follow these instructions to get your maps!
- NEW! Connection Settings with an offline switch – We’re giving our users an offline switch to help you control your data costs. – abroad and at home. You are able to disallow all data, or choose options to enable and disable. The app also warns you if your mobile switches from WIFI to 3G. Just go to “Settings” -> “Cellular Data Usage” and choose which settings work for you.
- NEW! Just Drive mode– for all the times your journey has no destination, this mode allows you to drive without a route but still provides you with your location and traffic on your road.
- NEW! Closed road notification with ActiveTraffic™– If our traffic feed says there is a closed road on your route we now give an explicit pop-up notifying you about the closed road. The pop-up gives you an option to find an alternative route or close/ignore the pop-up.
- Automatic Cloud Backup
- Updated and corrected Tunnel mode
- Swiftkey support for Android
- …and plenty of other fixes for both Android and iOS!
Thank you to all of you who have sent us essential feedback, reported issues and shared great ideas to help us make CoPilot great! We’re happy to bring you this latest update and eager to hear your thoughts! Contact us in our user forum to share your suggestions or ideas for app improvements: http://forum.copilotgps.com/.
CoPilot v9.4.2 is available immediately for Android and will be available for iOS users shortly.
Enjoy the summer season with CoPilot and our new features – happy travels!
CoPilot currently runs on more than 250 Android Smartphones and tablets and is constantly evolving to support all of the HD and high-res screens they produce. But have you ever wondered which devices are the most popular for running CoPilot? We looked into our global statistics from the past year and the results are in!
The top ten of the most popular devices equipped with CoPilot at this very moment are:
- Samsung S III
- Samsung S II
- Google Nexus 7
- Galaxy Note 2
- Galaxy Note
- HTC One X
- Samsung Galaxy S
- HTC Sensation
- Samsung Galaxy Nexus
- Galaxy tab
Interestingly – but not so surprisingly – Nexus 4, Galaxy tab 2 and Xperia Z are becoming increasingly more popular. It will be fun to see how the Android landscape will look like one year from now, with the arrival of new Android devices such as HTC One and Galaxy S IV … and all of the future Android creations!
A big thank you to all our wonderful Android fans who have sent us feedback, reported issues and shared great ideas with us! We will keep working to improve the app to make sure we will support as many Droids as possible, and if you have spotted something or think we could improve in some areas, please let us know in our user forum: http://forum.copilotgps.com/ .
We wish you happy, safe travels with your Droid!