9.5 App Update – New Look and New Feature!

We’ve got a brand new look and feel in our latest app update. We’re still the same dependable CoPilot you can count on – just better looking.  So if you were going as your favorite mobile navigation app, CoPilot, for Halloween this year then you need to read this.

We’ve refreshed and revamped our insides for seamless iOS 7 integration,  added two new map displays to choose from (Fibonacci Grey and Minimalist) and we’ve got a new feature!

Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome:

motion lock

The new “Motion Lock” feature enables you to choose the minimum travel speed at which the map becomes locked for safer, hands free driving. Speeds can be set at 5, 10, 15 or 20 mph in “Settings.” You can decide whether you want to use it or not (fully optional!), but this new feature helps you to stay focused on the road while CoPilot directs you to your destination.

We’ve been in the lab watching Breaking Bad working hard on this new app update for you and in addition to Motion Lock, we’ve also got:Android-MapStyle-light

• Improved POI search to find places near your destination more easily
  • Exit numbers  are now displayed on the map giving you clearer highway guidance
  • And finally, a few bug fixes and improvements based on your feedback (thanks for that, keep it coming!)

CoPilot v9.5 is available immediately as a free update for existing Android users.  An iOS and Windows Phone 8 version will be available shortly.

So what are you waiting for? Upgrade your CoPilot app today!

hey-everyone-come-see-how-good-i-look-gif

This entry was posted in Android News & Updates, CoPilot GPS, CoPilot Premium, iPad News & Updates, Windows Phone News & Updates and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. Graziano
    Posted October 25, 2013 at 7:00 am | Permalink

I am your customer since version 8. Version 9 was great , however the new 9.5 is running very slowwww in my HTC deside HD. Rout calculation is slowww compared with 9.3 and older version , also map navigation is slow and sometime freeze , very boring.
    Also I found the new theme worst than the theme available in 9.3 . Please, please , please can you add an option to downgrade to version 9.3 and mantain this old version ?

• Ashley Riley
      Posted November 1, 2013 at 2:38 pm | Permalink

Hi Graziano,

Thanks for being such a long standing CoPilot user! You are able to change the theme in your app by selecting Settings – > Themes.

2. Robert Machutt
    Posted October 25, 2013 at 5:35 pm | Permalink

the update doesn’t want to stop downloading. when I shut the tablet off, it says it is not finished downloading data. I tried a couple restarts doesn’t help. I had the same problem on the last major download. I think I was told to uninstall and reinstall. should I do this again?? Its been downloading for over 24 Hrs.

R Machutt

3. larry
    Posted October 30, 2013 at 10:26 pm | Permalink

Seems like the TTS (text to speech) featurs , formerly included, are now a paid add-on on Android. Can you comment?

• Ashley Riley
      Posted November 1, 2013 at 2:36 pm | Permalink

Hi Larry,

We are aware of this issue and our development team are looking into it.

Thank you.

4. Marian
    Posted October 31, 2013 at 11:55 am | Permalink

The new version looks like it waits for about 3 minutes before trying to get a GPS lock. Do you have an explanation for this? Is there anything I can do to fix that or it is something in the app?

5. Russell W. Thomas
    Posted November 5, 2013 at 1:11 pm | Permalink

Somehow in the prosess of getting a new phone upgrade to Motorola Droid Razz Max HD I have lost my CoPilot Premium for which I paid $29.99. I have my Key and Google purchase #. How can I get it back and get the new free upgrade. Thank you. I have been a long time CoPilot user and LOVE IT. I AM LOST WITHOUT IT. HELP.

• Christian
      Posted November 13, 2013 at 7:47 am | Permalink

Hi Russell – If you purchased CoPilot from Google Play, simply make sure you are signed in to the Google Play Store with the same Google ID and go to your Apps list and re-download from there. Be sure to sign back in with the same CoPilot ID account that you used before.

6. Roger
    Posted November 18, 2013 at 1:26 pm | Permalink

The new upgrade is fine but the voice guided directions no longer read out street names. With the previous version, the standard voice actually read out street names (i.e. turn left on Main Street etc.). Now the voice guidance just says turn left up ahead or turn right now etc.

Can we please have street names read out again?

I would expect an upgrade to keep the excellent features the product already had, not regress. Thanks.

• Christian
      Posted November 28, 2013 at 9:59 pm | Permalink

Hi Roger – Go to Settings > Language & Voice and be sure to select a TTS (Text To Speech) voice. These are indicated with an asterisk next to them. These voices announce actual street names.

2 Trackbacks

• […] TechnologiesCoPilot Purchase and DownloadScreenshotApp […]

• By CoPilot Version 9.5 Improves Driver Safety With... on December 13, 2013 at 12:09 pm

[…] ALK Technologies, the leading provider of navigation and GeoLogistics software, introduces "Motion Lock" to its family of CoPilot navigation applications to help minimize distracted driving. The feature is part of the new 9.5 version of the app, which also includes a refreshed user interface, iOS 7 compatibility and restyled app icons. CoPilot's Motion Lock enables drivers to choose the minimum travel speed at which the map becomes locked for safer, hands-free driving.  […]