FREE Quarterly Map Update for All CoPilot Customers

We’ve released a complete map update featuring our latest 2012 Q2 map data for all CoPilot North America customers.  This adds thousands of new miles of roads in the U.S. and Canada and hundreds of map improvements submitted by customers through the ALK MapSure service.

How to download your quarterly map update:

1) Download the latest free app update from iTunes, Google Play or the CoPilot Web Store

2) Now you’re ready to download your maps via WiFi

3) Within your CoPilot app, go to MyCoPilot

1) Select My Maps

2) Select North America.

3) A pop-up will appear asking you if you would like to install your map update. Tap Continue and your map download will immediately begin.

4) The North America region will automatically start downloading. If you would prefer to only download a sub-region (and save space on your device) just pause the North America region and tap the sub-region you wish to download.

If you have any questions, just ask!

This entry was posted in Android News & Updates, CoPilot GPS, CoPilot Premium, CoPilot Truck, iPad News & Updates and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. Earle McCarty
    Posted October 24, 2012 at 11:36 pm | Permalink

Is the Android 10/24/2012 Map update the same as the 10/01/2012 update? When I followed your instructions my North America was Xed out.

• Adrienne Lieberman // Marketing Coordinator, North America
      Posted November 1, 2012 at 12:15 pm | Permalink

These are two different updates, have you been able to download them or are you still have difficulty with this? Please let us know so we can make sure you get the latest update.

Thank you.

2. gary carter
    Posted November 2, 2012 at 3:52 pm | Permalink

I have not been able to download the update either
    when I open my Copilot nd go to the maps no update
    is shown and there is nohing at all under news & updtes.
    Gary

• Adrienne Lieberman // Marketing Coordinator, North America
      Posted November 6, 2012 at 2:54 pm | Permalink

Hi Gary,

Have you logged in with your CoPilot ID and password?

3. Lou
    Posted November 14, 2012 at 2:59 pm | Permalink

How can I determine what version of maps you have in my Android?

• Adrienne Lieberman // Marketing Coordinator, North America
      Posted November 15, 2012 at 3:08 pm | Permalink

Hi Lou,

You can go to Main Menu > Settings > About CoPilot Live. It will list their version number on top, followed by the map data version.

In case you would like to know, our latest version for Android, it is 9.3.0.173 and our latest map data version is 4.2012.02.6.28.8.2 Please let us know if you have any other questions.

4. bret
    Posted December 29, 2012 at 9:49 am | Permalink

I am trying to find the latest truck GPS software I can use with my Magellan 1700 MU
    I have a pilot s/d card in my GPS now but not sure if is the latest version.

• Adrienne Lieberman // Marketing Coordinator, North America
      Posted January 2, 2013 at 1:47 pm | Permalink

Hi Bret,
      Unfortunately, there are no further updates available for the Magellan devices. These devices are running version 7 truck software.