FREE Quarterly Map Update for All CoPilot Live Premium Android Customers

Along with our latest free CoPilot Live Premium Android app update – Version 9.3.0.163 – we’ve released a complete map update featuring our latest 2012 Q2 map data for all North America & USA CoPilot Live Premium and CoPilot Truck Android customers. This adds thousands of new miles of roads in the U.S. and Canada and hundreds of map improvements submitted by customers through the ALK MapSure service.

Don’t worry everyone will be receiving this map update soon!

This free map update will be available via free app updates to all our CoPilot Live Premium, CoPilot Truck and CoPilot GPS apps for iOS and Android during September and October 2012. The availability of individual apps will vary by region. CoPilot Live v8 customers need to switch to CoPilot GPS in order to get the map update.

It’s easy to download your update maps, here’s how:

Android Smartphone and Tablet Customers:

1) Download the latest free app update:

- If you purchased your CoPilot app on the CoPilot Web Store, you can download our latest app update (v9.3.0.163) via this link: www.copilotlive.com/store/quickstart.asp

- If you purchased your CoPilot app on Google Play, you can download our latest app update (v9.3.0.163) from the Google Play.

2) Now you’re ready to download your maps via WiFi

3) Within your CoPilot app, go to MyCoPilot

1) Select My Maps

2) Select North America.

3) A pop-up will appear asking you if you would like to install your map update. Tap Continue and your map download will immediately begin.

4) The North America region will automatically start downloading. If you would prefer to only download a sub-region (and save space on your device) just pause the North America region and tap the sub-region you wish to download.

This entry was posted in Android News & Updates and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. Jochen
    Posted September 26, 2012 at 11:08 am | Permalink

Is not working for my Windows Mobile Installation!

• Christian
      Posted September 27, 2012 at 6:57 am | Permalink

Sorry, there isn’t a map update available for CoPilot Live v8 Windows Mobile customers.

2. Jason
    Posted September 26, 2012 at 11:48 am | Permalink

For some reason, under “my copilot,” I don’t have an option for “my maps.” So I deleted all of the maps and uninstalled, then reinstalled the app, and now I’m downloading the maps after I was prompted to get them.

• Adrienne Lieberman // Marketing Coordinator, North America
      Posted September 27, 2012 at 11:41 am | Permalink

Hi Jason,

Had you signed in with your CoPilot ID? Was this issue finally resolved? Let us know if you need further support with this.

3. Geranis
    Posted September 26, 2012 at 11:56 am | Permalink

These updates are far too complicated to get to. Can’t the copilot app aimply have an auto update button that dosen’t require me to go to a website that may or may not respond then I have to do several other things to get the update and the new maps, come on!

• MDW
      Posted September 26, 2012 at 11:05 pm | Permalink

How is it complicated? Get on wifi, update maps.

Simple.

If the update is complicated, how can you possibly operate the app?

• Adrienne Lieberman // Marketing Coordinator, North America
      Posted October 1, 2012 at 6:43 pm | Permalink

Hi Geranis,

Unfortunately there is no way to automatically update the maps without the customer’s prompt . Where did you purchase your CoPilot Live app for your Android device. Was it thought the CoPilot web-store or through Google Play?

4. Brian
    Posted September 26, 2012 at 12:11 pm | Permalink

When I opened up My Maps->North America, the 1.3GB “North America” started downloading without any popup asking me if I wanted updates. The “United States” map showed as downloading as well but “paused” while the North America map was downloading. But I already have sub-sections of the US as well as all of Canada downloaded.

I am confused as to what each of these are. Is the 1.3GB North America some kind of “base map” that you then choose the sub-sections (for detail) you want on top of? Or is that 1.3GB North America map a full combination of the Canada map plus all of the US sub-section maps?

That is, is the United States map simply a combination of all of the US sub-regions and the North America (1.3GB) map a combination of the Canada and United States (and therefore a combination of all of the US sub-section) maps?

• Adrienne Lieberman // Marketing Coordinator, North America
      Posted October 3, 2012 at 4:19 pm | Permalink

Hi Brian,

The 1.3GB file of North America maps covers the entire US region as well as Canada. There is no need to download any of the sub regions after downloading the North America map file. If you have any additional questions, let us know.

Thank you!

5. herb
    Posted September 26, 2012 at 1:08 pm | Permalink

Hello folks, updates downloaded nicely on both Android devices N7 and a cheap VM701, thanks to the developer for making the process so easy. The only issue I’m having is the guidance voice over music it is too low, I have tried several things, such as looking for a way to increase volume to the voice but on the N7 there isn’t a specific way that I been able to find that affect the voice itself. This is not an issue while using Google’s Navigation app, the voice is normal and the music is faded while the voice comes on then it picks up again, but since I have Virgin Mobile service, I like to be able to use Copilot when I’m in a no coverage area which is frequent in my case, any positive solution to this issue would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again.

6. Len
    Posted September 26, 2012 at 1:46 pm | Permalink

It says above: “If you purchased your CoPilot app on the CoPilot Web Store, you can download our latest app update (v9.3.0.163) via this link: http://www.copilotlive.com/store/quickstart.asp. That’s not a good link. It returns “Not Found”

So how do we get the app update if we didn’t buy off Google Play?

• Christian
      Posted September 27, 2012 at 11:06 am | Permalink

If you purchased the CoPilot Live Premium app from the CoPilot Live Webstore you can download at: http://www.copilotlive.com/store/quickstart.asp

• L:en
        Posted September 30, 2012 at 6:54 pm | Permalink

It’s working now. The other day there was some garbage pre-pended to the actual link URL (not the visible text, but where it pointed). It seems to be OK now, though. Thanks.

• Adrienne Lieberman // Marketing Coordinator, North America
          Posted October 18, 2012 at 10:01 am | Permalink

Hi L:en, we are glad to hear it. Let us know if you have any other questions.

7. Martin
    Posted September 26, 2012 at 4:19 pm | Permalink

I have the new v9.3.0.163 but the maps are not available. They have the padlock on…

• Christian
      Posted September 27, 2012 at 11:06 am | Permalink

Please make sure you are signed in with your CoPilot ID. (Go to MyCoPilot > My Account to sign in)

8. Tim
    Posted September 26, 2012 at 9:39 pm | Permalink

Not sure what people are complaining about re the complexity. Took me 3 seconds to press the buttons to get into the NA section of My Maps and the pop-up popped-up and I’m updating. Running on my Galaxy Note. Just in time for my road-trip.

• Adrienne Lieberman // Marketing Coordinator, North America
      Posted September 27, 2012 at 11:43 am | Permalink

Hi Tim,

Great to hear, enjoy your CoPilot. Let us know if you have any questions along the way.

• Gregg Hommel
      Posted September 27, 2012 at 3:30 pm | Permalink

Nice that it worked so well for you, but, to date, I have followed their instructions to the letter (CoPilot GPS upgraded from Live Premium North America which apparently, no longer exists) five times, and not once have my maps been updated, with or without a pop up being displayed. Running on a Dell Streak 5.

• Adrienne Lieberman // Marketing Coordinator, North America
        Posted October 22, 2012 at 9:16 pm | Permalink

Hi Gregg,

I apologize for your inconvenience. CoPilot works on Android and iOS platforms at this time. Please let us know if you have any other questions.

9. Mark
    Posted September 27, 2012 at 2:28 am | Permalink

http://www.copilotlive.com/store/quickstart.asp“. dead link. It returns “Not Found”…

How do we get the app update if we didn’t buy off Google Play?

• Niels
      Posted September 27, 2012 at 5:20 am | Permalink

How did you get it?! I hope you remembered to pay for it…

• Adrienne Lieberman // Marketing Coordinator, North America
      Posted October 1, 2012 at 6:40 pm | Permalink

Hi Mark,

Are you an Apple customer or an Android customer?

10. Ali
    Posted September 27, 2012 at 4:50 am | Permalink

Hello
    I need maps for middle east
    can you add to copilot 9
    thanks

• Christian
      Posted September 27, 2012 at 11:02 am | Permalink

Hello Ali. CoPilot Live with maps of Middle East will be available later this year.

11. Simon Greenwood
    Posted September 27, 2012 at 8:42 am | Permalink

Too complicated. Is this written by Americans? They just don’t get the simple is best thing do they! I have had 3 phones since buying my first Co Pilot. Each time I changed phone I ended up having to re buy a new version of co pilot just to save time and the tedium of understanding the instructions to install on a new device. Good app but very very bad customer service.

• Christian
      Posted September 27, 2012 at 10:59 am | Permalink

It’s actually very simple. Download the free app update, tap on Maps > North America and download. Job done.

If you’ve bought the app for iPhone then you can transfer your app to another iPhone as many times as you like. If you bought the app for Android from Google Play you can transfer the app again to a new device – in fact it’s not possible to buy the app again with the same account.

• William
        Posted October 4, 2012 at 12:20 am | Permalink

I originally bought CoPilot Live USA $9.99 in March 2012, and later upgraded to CoPilot GPS. I bought the app through Google Play, which lists both CoPilot Apps in my account. I tried to follow the above instructions. The instructions state to download the latest app. When I go to upgrade to the new CoPilot Live Premium, there is a charge of $9.99 all the way up to buy now. This charge appears the whole way through the process. I was afraid to select it for fear I would be charged again.

• Adrienne Lieberman // Marketing Coordinator, North America
      Posted October 22, 2012 at 9:13 pm | Permalink

Hi Simon,

I apologize for your inconvenience. Is there any specific question you have that I can answer for you?

12. Max
    Posted September 27, 2012 at 1:43 pm | Permalink

Hi
    This map update is only for U.S customer? How can I update my copilot with new version?
    My current version is 9.1.0.307.
    So, I want new version of aplication without downloading all Europe maps again.It almost 6 GB..If I can update those maps and update copilot aplication, it would be greit, beacuse, on my phone (samsung s III) themes not working.
    and bdw. I want buy also 3D advanced, but, after I put in my product key nothing happen :((
    Anyone can help me from copilot admin’s?
    Thank you.

13. Dave
    Posted September 28, 2012 at 5:32 am | Permalink

A free map upgrade with the app upgrade ! Great if you live in the USA. Does this mean that if I update the app I can only download USA maps ? I have the UK & I map as I’m in the UK.

14. Steve
    Posted September 30, 2012 at 11:17 am | Permalink

Updates as advertised. Thanks for making it easy.

• Adrienne Lieberman // Marketing Coordinator, North America
      Posted October 1, 2012 at 6:38 pm | Permalink

Hi Steve,

Glad to hear it worked out for you, hope you enjoy the update.

Thank you.

15. Andy
    Posted September 26, 2012 at 12:56 pm | Permalink

Mate…. this is a public comment box. You just gave 3 product keys to the internet and your home address. Not a smart move.

16. William Murray
    Posted September 26, 2012 at 2:39 pm | Permalink

Wow Richard M Devin I can`t believe you put all your info down for everyone to see.