Free UPGRADE for all CoPilot Live v8 iPhone, iPad Android Customers

We have great news for all CoPilot Live v8 iPhone, iPad & Android North America and USA customers.  You can now upgrade to get the latest and greatest CoPilot features for FREE!

As an existing CoPilot Live v8 customer you can unlock turn-by-turn, voice-guided navigation features in our new CoPilot GPS app at no cost.¬† By upgrading, you’ll continue to enjoy unlimited CoPilot Live navigation, only better – and with regular app updates in the future.¬† Plus, we’ll restore all your existing CoPilot Live Favorites, Recents and subscriptions!

CCoPilot GPSoPilot GPS gives you our latest and greatest navigation features, including alternate routes, drag and drop route editing, and a sleek new user interface designed specifically for the latest smartphones and tablets.

**This upgrade offer is not applicable to CoPilot Live Premium or CoPilot Live Premium HD customers as you already have the latest and greatest CoPilot navigation features, PLUS a free year of traffic!

Here’s how to get your free upgrade:

Important:  You do not need to delete your CoPilot Live v8 app in order to upgrade.

1.    Download our latest CoPilot Live v8 free app update in iTunes or Google Play.  If you purchased your CoPilot Android app from the CoPilot Live Webstore, visit http://copilotgps.com/androidinstall/default_en.asp on your Android device to download the latest update.
2.    Launch your CoPilot Live v8 app and sign in with your existing CoPilot ID (email address)  Click here if your forgot your password
3.    Tap Upgrade Now. You’ll be asked if you want to back up your v8 Favorites, Recents and subscriptions before upgrading.
4.    Once your CoPilot Live has completed the backup, you’ll be automatically directed to the App Store/Google Play to download CoPilot GPS
5.    When you initially launch CoPilot GPS, sign in with your existing CoPilot ID (the one you signed in with on your v8 app) to activate your free upgrade and transfer your v8 Favorites, Recents and subscriptions. It will take a few moments to restore everything.  Please note if you tap Create Later you will have to go to MyCoPilot > Register or Sign In to complete the upgrade.
6.    On the My Maps screen, tap Get Maps. Choose the map region you wish to download from the list.
7.¬†¬† ¬†Once the map download is complete, the map will be stored on-board your device. Now you’re ready to start navigating!

What if I don’t want to upgrade right now?

You can keep your existing CoPilot Live v8 app until you’re up and running with CoPilot GPS, so rest assured you won’t be left stranded without navigation.

Learn More About the Upgrade

Our Ongoing Commitment to You

We’re really excited to be able to offer you this free upgrade to our cutting-edge new navigation features.¬† We hope you enjoy navigating with your new CoPilot too!¬† Don’t forget to share your thoughts with a review on the App Store or Google Play.

If you have any questions regarding the upgrade, just ask!

This entry was posted in Android News & Updates, CoPilot Premium, iPad News & Updates and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. Antti
    Posted June 4, 2012 at 10:49 am | Permalink

Does this free upgrade apply to European customers as well? I have the bought the app from the Finnish store, along with some maps for Europe.

2. Les
    Posted June 7, 2012 at 9:26 am | Permalink

Monthly map updates have not been provided since March and the last actual quarterly update was in February for Q4 2011 changes. When, perhaps will, map updates resume? There is a 45-day guarantee on implemented map corrections that were submitted but we are long past that for corrections submitted in March or most of April.

• Keven
      Posted June 15, 2012 at 7:16 am | Permalink

Don’t hold your breath Les. I submitted map changes in March and haven’t seen any updates since the February changes on March 19th. My repeated emails and support tickets are ignored and remain unanswered to this day. That’s right, I jhave not received a single response to my submissions. Their 45 day Mapsure guarantee is a joke. This guarantee is the sole reason I chose this over other GPS programs. Big mistake.

3. Mike
    Posted June 17, 2012 at 11:53 am | Permalink

How long is this offer on fore as I donwnloaded the Copilot File mentioned and it has not offered me the upgrade although I have activated it and it does work.

• Adrienne Lieberman // Marketing Coordinator, North America
      Posted June 18, 2012 at 11:35 am | Permalink

Hi Mike,

This is for CoPilot Live v8 customers only, are you using the same CoPilot ID that you were using for your CoPilot Live v8 app?

4. Jason Phillips
    Posted June 21, 2012 at 5:46 pm | Permalink

Hi. I have upgraded both my USA and UK versions of CoPilot 8 to CoPilot GPS on my iPhone and love the new UI. My only question is I still have both “old” CoPilot 8 software installed on my iPhone and – as they take up almost 2Gb combined space – can I ask: Now that I have CoPilot GPS working, can I delete the old v8 software & free up some room on my iPhone? Thanks & keep on making a great product, Jason

• Adrienne Lieberman // Marketing Coordinator, North America
      Posted July 17, 2012 at 1:59 pm | Permalink

Hi Jason,

Thank you for the great feedback. You can absolutely erase your older version of CoPilot Live now. Let us know if you have any other questions.

Thank you.

5. Paurian
    Posted August 8, 2012 at 12:41 pm | Permalink

I didn’t get the latest update (CoPilot Live USA & Canada version 8.2.0.1175) within the 1 month window it was provided. Will I still be able to upgrade CoPilot GPS with all the promised bells and whistles to those who downloaded the update?

TIA.

6. Kasia Shepherd
    Posted April 7, 2013 at 5:25 am | Permalink

Hi,
    I was very happy with v8 for my Iphone 4 and do not wish to upgrade to the new HD version. I paid for all European maps (I live Italy/Switzerland border), and 3D navigation. This new free version misses all of these features (there doesn’t even seem to be any cover for Switzerland at all). I’d like my old version back as I had to restore my Iphone. Please could you tell me how to do this.
    Thanks in advance for your understanding.

7. Alex
    Posted May 10, 2013 at 10:05 am | Permalink

I have bought both the GB and Europe maps for my Copilot 8 Live – will these still work with GPS or will they be automatically downloaded and updated accordingly?

Cheers