12 Months FREE ActiveTraffic™ With Your CoPilot Live Premium App

CoPilot Live FREE Traffic

You’re About to Spend a lot Less Time in Traffic!

Great news!  CoPilot Live Premium now includes 12 months use of real-time ActiveTraffic service as standard.  If you already have ActiveTraffic, we’ll add an extra 12 months to your existing subscription for FREE.*

How do I get my 12 months of free ActiveTraffic?

If you are an existing CoPilot Live Premium customer, simply download the latest CoPilot Live Premium app update from the App Store or Android Market. Then, start your CoPilot Live Premium and you’ll see a message asking you when you would like to activate your subscription.  Just tap Activate Now and your 12 month subscription will start!

If you are a new CoPilot Live Premium customer when you open your app for the first time, you’ll see a message asking you when you would like to activate your subscription.  Just tap Activate Now and your 12 month subscription will start!

For more information read our ActiveTraffic FAQs

Find the fastest route through traffic – every time

ActiveTraffic uses the highest quality traffic information to automatically calculate the fastest route to your destination based on real-time traffic conditions. It continuously monitors your route for delays as you drive and will alert you if a quicker route is available.

Learn more about ActiveTraffic >

*ActiveTraffic requires a mobile Internet connection and is only available in the U.S.

This entry was posted in Android News & Updates, CoPilot Premium, iPad News & Updates, Special Offers and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. Sam
    Posted April 25, 2012 at 8:54 pm | Permalink

Same error applies to Copilot Live Premium USA for android. Despite the software update the program still wants the $9.99 fee before it will use live traffic. This happens in both options to get to live traffic (route and my copilot).

• Hank Davis
      Posted July 21, 2013 at 2:23 pm | Permalink

I have installed the app and when I click on it nothing happens. It says “using NMEA data” but my screen is black. Help!

2. Adrienne Lieberman // Marketing Coordinator, North America
    Posted April 26, 2012 at 10:41 am | Permalink

Hi Sam,

Android customers do not seem to be having any difficulty uploading the free ActiveTraffic. You might be experiencing a different issue. Can you check to make sure you have the latest version of CoPilot Live Premium? Go to Menu>Settings>About CoPilot Live. Can you also let us know your user ID number so tech support can look into this further for you?

Thank you.

• ken
      Posted June 18, 2013 at 10:39 pm | Permalink

I amgetting the 6 months with an offer to extend for 12 monthsmfor 9.99

3. tivoboy
    Posted April 27, 2012 at 8:06 am | Permalink

I’m having the same issue. Updated the app, have CPL Premium USA, there WAS a button to click and activate the Activetraffic free service, but it never seems to take. It never shows and when one clicks on the icon for Traffic, it continues to say “this is a premium service, click to pay for service”

• Adrienne Lieberman // Marketing Coordinator, North America
      Posted May 3, 2012 at 12:14 pm | Permalink

Hi tivoboy,

If you are still experiencing difficulties please let us know and we will work to find a solution.

Thank you.

4. LongIslander
    Posted May 3, 2012 at 10:12 am | Permalink

Just activated this week. The free ActiveTraffic is working for me.
    Thanks for making this available.

• Adrienne Lieberman // Marketing Coordinator, North America
      Posted May 7, 2012 at 2:42 pm | Permalink

Hi Longislander,

Glad to hear it is working for you. We hope you enjoy it!

5. Saurabh Bhardwaj
    Posted May 6, 2012 at 11:12 am | Permalink

Hi,
    I have the Co-Pilot Standard + Premium 3D Navigation Package ($14.99) installed. I do not see any update to my app in the Play Store, although I have an alert in my Updates & news section that asks me to install an update to get the Live Traffic.
    I am a full subscriber too, please update the Standard App too, so that people who have bought the premium services after intial purchase are eligible for all the premium promotions as well.
    Please help me solving this problem,

Saurabh Bhardwaj

• Adrienne Lieberman // Marketing Coordinator, North America
      Posted May 7, 2012 at 2:49 pm | Permalink

Hi Saurabh,

CoPilot Live Premium apps are the only ones receiving a free 12 month ActiveTraffic subscription at this time. Please stay tuned for other future promotions here on our blog.

• bert
        Posted May 19, 2012 at 10:24 am | Permalink

I am another customer who bought CPL Stharandard and then paid to upgrade to the Premium features. Why are we seeing this promotion in our apps if we are not eligible? The message in the app does not make this restriction clear.

• Adrienne Lieberman // Marketing Coordinator, North America
          Posted May 22, 2012 at 5:34 pm | Permalink

Hi Bert,

Are you currently seeing this message?

6. Ged
    Posted June 2, 2012 at 9:03 am | Permalink

I am waiting to buy the upcoming Samsung Galaxy S 3 which is scheduled to arrive on the 20th of June. I want to know about the memory needed to download CoPilot on that android phone with the North America and Europe maps. Should I increase the memory on that phone?

• Adrienne Lieberman // Marketing Coordinator, North America
      Posted July 10, 2012 at 3:28 pm | Permalink

Hi Ged

The CoPilot Live Premium apps range is size depending on which one you purchase. CoPilot Live Premium USA &NA is 1.47 GB and the CoPilot Live Premium Europe app is 27.4 MB. Your Samsung Galaxy III can hold up to 64 GB. Please let us know if you have any other questions.

7. Patty MacDuffie
    Posted June 6, 2012 at 9:41 pm | Permalink

I purchased CoPilot Premium plus Active Traffice plus fuel prices directly from the copilot website. I’m sorry I did, because every upgrade is a problem. You say to go to Google Play to get the latest build, but I didn’t purchase it from there, so they don’t recognize that I own the app. I used your QC code to download the “latest” build (and I did get a newer build, but not build 9.1.0.269 – I got 9.1.0.234. So of course when I start the app after installing it (I had to do it manually), there are no instructions that come to activate the Active Traffic.

I go to Features and Upgrades, Active Traffic (it told me I can also get the free 12 months this way) and it wants to charge me $9.99 to purchase it.

How do I get the latest build if I purchased it directly from the CoPilot store? And then how do I get my free year of Active Traffic?

• Adrienne Lieberman // Marketing Coordinator, North America
      Posted July 17, 2012 at 1:05 pm | Permalink

Hi Patty,

You can download the latest build of Copilot Live Premium from here: http://www.copilotlive.com/store/quickstart.asp. When you purchased Active Traffic and Fuel Prices from our webstore you received product key codes via your confirmation email for those purchases. You will need to email Tech Support those key codes so they can reset them for you. Please let us know if you have any other questions.

8. Ged
    Posted June 8, 2012 at 2:10 pm | Permalink

I don’t know if the delay before getting an answer on this CoPilot web site is an example on the service you get after buying the program…hum!

• Adrienne Lieberman // Marketing Coordinator, North America
      Posted July 10, 2012 at 4:52 pm | Permalink

Please see comment posted above.

9. Jorge
    Posted June 15, 2012 at 11:42 pm | Permalink

I want to find out for free 12 month

• Adrienne Lieberman // Marketing Coordinator, North America
      Posted July 10, 2012 at 5:00 pm | Permalink

Hi Jorge,

The information in the blog post above explains how to get your Free ActiveTraffic subscription. Is there anything specific you are seeking information about?

10. Rick
    Posted June 19, 2012 at 7:19 pm | Permalink

I’ve tried everything to get it to activate and no go :( I even uninstalled it and reinstalled the program. And when I try to add the service it wants me to pay 9.99 for it. I don’t see any free anything.

11. Jesse Gomes
    Posted June 24, 2012 at 11:26 am | Permalink

I am having the same problem activating the free 12 month live traffic. Mine shows 24 days left I have version 9.1.0.307

12. Brent
    Posted June 30, 2012 at 4:12 pm | Permalink

I downloaded the update from the app store and the app is not giving me the option to activate my free trial. Same issue as others, still wants money to start service

13. Roger Au
    Posted July 3, 2012 at 11:17 am | Permalink

I’ve copilot8 (window mobile version) and I received an email to upgrade recently. Now I am using iphone, can I transfer my copilot8 to the iphone??

• Adrienne Lieberman // Marketing Coordinator, North America
      Posted July 17, 2012 at 1:34 pm | Permalink

Hi Roger,

It is only possible to move between the same platform device, e.g. WinMobile to WinMobile, Android to Android or iPhone to iPhone. It is not possible to move between platforms. If you are moving to another device on the same platform simply deactivate your license by selecting Menu > Settings > Licensing. You can then re-install CoPilot Live on the different phone. Please let us know if you have any other questions.

14. Carl
    Posted July 20, 2012 at 1:45 pm | Permalink

I just did the in App upgrade to get voice navigation. I paid $14.95 for it. should I be able to get the 12 Months FREE ActiveTraffic?

When I try it wants me to pay $9.99. The software Version number I have is 9.1.5.79.

What Can I do to get Active Traffic?

15. john m
    Posted August 4, 2012 at 10:15 am | Permalink

It says my active traffic trial is expired but I haven’t had the copilot for more than a month.
    I have only had this device it self for like 2 months. I can’t rember if I even clicked the button to activate the trial, but now every time I start the program it says your active traffic has expired, when it never displayed this message in the past, and it asks for a registration code. Why is this?

16. Chrichey
    Posted August 8, 2012 at 7:05 pm | Permalink

Free Active traffice? It appears to be a gimmick, and it’s sad. The “ativate now” button does not show. All that shows is the “buy” button and it does not matter how many times you uninstall and re-download and install again and again. Guys this should be an easy operation for ALK to implement if it was not supposed to be a gimmick

17. Jonathan N
    Posted August 14, 2012 at 6:28 pm | Permalink

Umm how much is ActiveTraffic after the 12 months complimentary subscription is up? Can’t seem to find it anywhere.

18. Stuart
    Posted September 27, 2012 at 12:29 pm | Permalink

I got a 12 month subscription for free starting January. When I reinstalled it went. I just updated live premium and now I have to pay for Live traffic (I’ve done it)

Also UK maps are not updating???

19. Jim
    Posted November 2, 2012 at 3:28 pm | Permalink

Is the live traffic free offer still good with the $7.99 special that you are offering for the voice guidance?

• Adrienne Lieberman // Marketing Coordinator, North America
      Posted November 6, 2012 at 2:56 pm | Permalink

Hi Jim,

I am not sure if you are referring to the special for CoPilot GPS, the $7.99 is for CoPilot GPS users only. If you purchase CoPilot Live Premium you get a year of traffic included. Hopefully this cleared up any confusion.

20. joseph osagie
    Posted April 7, 2013 at 11:52 am | Permalink

I would like activate copilotlive now.

21. joseph osagie
    Posted April 7, 2013 at 11:56 am | Permalink

aaI like copilotlive.

22. Joseph
    Posted April 18, 2013 at 4:35 pm | Permalink

My Copilot is never working.

23. jeffrey wong
    Posted June 9, 2013 at 9:34 am | Permalink

hi, i just purchased copilot premium live, can i delete the free copilot without effecting my cplive?

thanks
    by the way, i really like the copilot premium

• Christian
      Posted June 13, 2013 at 2:09 am | Permalink

Yes, if you’ve purchased CoPilot Live Premium you won’t need CoPilot GPS and it’d be best to delete it to save space on your device.

24. Michael
    Posted August 1, 2013 at 6:25 pm | Permalink

Just upgraded to copilot live premium and another map is being downloaded. Is this a duplicate map adding another 1.5GB to my device?

25. Larry
    Posted October 25, 2013 at 7:14 am | Permalink

I purchased copilot truck and was interested in active traffic. When I get to in app purchase, it doesn’t show a price before it asks for my iTunes password. Is that because there is a 12 month free trial, or is there an additional cost over and above the $99 I already paid for the copilot truck software?