New & Improved Version of CoPilot Truck Coming Soon!

This week we’re at the Mid-America Trucking Show in Louisville, KY previewing our new version of CoPilot Truck for Smartphones and Tablets!   This new version brings the latest truck-specific, turn-by-turn guidance and routing technology to iPhones, iPads, Android devices, laptops and Windows Mobile rugged devices.

Designed for professional drivers, CoPilot Truck is the ideal GPS navigation solution for owner operators and small fleets.   A fully on-board navigation solution, CoPilot Truck stores detailed ALK Maps™ of North America directly on the smartphone or tablet, so drivers can navigate stress-free without burning through their data plan or becoming stranded without maps if they lose cell coverage.  Using customizable truck dimensions for height, length and weight/axel weight, drivers can calculate the optimal truck route that is both safe and legal, to avoid costly fines and truck damage.

The new version is packed with useful new features, including:

– Updated industry standard PC*MILER routing and truck-specific attributes

– RouteSync™ functionality for in-vehicle consistency with PC*MILER routing and mileage used for dispatch, billing, driver pay, fuel tax reporting, rating, costing and other core management applications

– Alternate Routes: CoPilot Truck provides a choice of up to 3 alternate routes to a destination

– Ability to drag the route to fully customize the exact route a driver wants to take

– The latest street-level ALK Maps™ of North America stored on-board the device for offline use

– Major Roads Preview: A list of only the highways and interstates of the planned route for quick verification

– Ability to launch CoPilot Truck from within other iOS or Android apps on your device and provide navigation to a destination

The app also features a redesigned, driver-friendly user interface that puts all the navigation and driving features a driver needs right at their fingertips, when they need them.

Availability

The new version of CoPilot Truck will be available to purchase for the price of $149.99 through the iTunes App Store, Google Play and at www.copilotlive.com/truck in mid-April 2012. Subscriptions for 12 months are available for the ActiveTraffic™ service for $9.99 and Live Fuel Prices service for $4.99. CoPilot Truck v8 customers will be able to upgrade to the new version via a free update.

We’ll have more details soon!

This entry was posted in Android News & Updates, CoPilot Premium, CoPilot Truck, iPad News & Updates, Laptop News & Updates, Windows Mobile News & Updates and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. Alex Norwood
    Posted May 26, 2012 at 9:10 pm | Permalink

I thought this was the version I was purchasing, after reding this article in TruckerNews magazine, but I got OLD ONE. What’s up with that?

• Christian
      Posted June 1, 2012 at 1:18 am | Permalink

Hi Alex. All CoPilot Truck v8 customers will receive a FREE upgrade to the new version as soon as its available.

• Awaiting update
        Posted June 3, 2012 at 8:02 pm | Permalink

Cool been wondering the same…..

• CLK
        Posted June 4, 2012 at 8:20 pm | Permalink

Just bought CoPilot Truck v8 last week and I’m a bit disappointed. While approaching the USA/Canada border, CoPilot Truck navigates you to the passenger vehicle entrance, not the truck entrance. The same goes for shipyards and ports. I was under the impression this program would route properly for a commercial truck with a 53′ trailer. It does not. Trying the Detour option to force the correct route is frustrating as it offers detours that are half right and half wrong, often even worse than the original wrong route. If it were not for the upgrade promising the “Ability to drag the route to fully customize the exact route a driver wants to take”, I’d be seeking a refund. As it stands right now, CoPilot Truck v8 does not do as it claims. What’s the ETA for the upgrade?

2. Awaiting update
    Posted June 9, 2012 at 2:48 am | Permalink

Seriously. April 2012 is over. I got the last version (v8) for $150 with the hope of an amazing update on the way. What’s going on? Where is this update? Seriously – the maps are way out of date, submitting a fix is complicated and annoying…. Your website is out of date. Seems like u just keep releasing new products after the next without a care in the world. I have friends that wonder what navigation I use and I can’t square look them in the face and tell em I swear by Copilot. In about a week I’m deleting the program and going back to waze. Seriously. What a misleading crock u all stand by. Get on with the update and lets move on here. Your copilot v8 is buggy. The maps are way out of date. It sends u on terrible routes for trucks. Because I sank $150 I’ve sort of held on for a bit with a hope of an update — but I’m about done with Copilot and everything to do with it.

3. Awaiting Update
    Posted June 15, 2012 at 4:15 am | Permalink

I don’t think copilot truck exists anymore. I think copilot live integrated it. I upgraded following the instructions and it seems this is the update we’ve been waiting for. Haven’t used it on the road yet but so far it looks like quite an updated and user- friendly version. It seems to accommodate truck settings and allows for route dragging which is an awesome feature. So far so good!

4. Awaiting Update
    Posted June 15, 2012 at 7:28 pm | Permalink

It road tests well! Those that bought copilot truck do the free upgrade to copilot gps. Sign in with your livelink credentials and you will be up to date. All the truck goodies will be in copilot gps with a much better module and too many features to write in a comment. I’ll mention dragable routes as one. This new program is better in interface and performance and all the potential that copilot truck had seems to be unleashed in what I feel is a remarkable program!

5. Anthony Bugg
    Posted July 5, 2012 at 1:07 pm | Permalink

I have my truck length set at 73 feet. yet Coplilot routed me across us 82 and part of us 82 is restricted to 65 foot from bumper to bumper. it has resulted in a fine of around 350.00 you need to update your information.

• Adrienne Lieberman // Marketing Coordinator, North America
      Posted July 10, 2012 at 3:08 pm | Permalink

Hi Anthony,

Have you updated your CoPilot recently. What version are you using?

6. mic
    Posted July 9, 2012 at 6:32 am | Permalink

I downloaded the v8 truck version a couple weeks ago…and the latest copilot GPS when I open it says welcome to co pilot truck…. and I have SOME truck settings…but it won’t let me set my height past 13 foot….and I can’t set my weight……

7. tom
    Posted July 21, 2012 at 1:34 pm | Permalink

when is the update going to be released for —copilot truck live v8 laptop ????

some say it has been , if so where is it ??

8. tom
    Posted August 25, 2012 at 9:00 pm | Permalink

New & Improved Version of CoPilot Truck Coming Soon!
    Published: March 22, 2012

Really this is like the CoPilot website right ?

So there is no update for laptop or we are just talking about it since March .
    What was all the hype about at the Mid American Truck Show ?

It would be nice to hear something about a Release date or something !

9. tom
    Posted September 22, 2012 at 11:00 am | Permalink

So i suppose this update for Laptop is just a bunch of smoke!

What could take so long when it is already here for the Android phones and all already??????????????????????????????????????????????????????

• Adrienne Lieberman // Marketing Coordinator, North America
      Posted October 22, 2012 at 9:01 pm | Permalink

Hi Tom,

Thank you for your patience on the update. The FREE update will be available very soon if you already have v8. If you have not purchased CoPilot Truck yet, you can purchase the newest version of CoPilot Truck on our website http://copilotlive.com/us/store/truck.asp

Thank you.

10. Stacy Edgar
    Posted October 6, 2012 at 10:57 pm | Permalink

Yeah, been waiting all year and still no update. Amazing how all the phone apps get updates, but the professional drivers that use laptops can’t get it. Shows how much their business is money driven and not customer service driven.

• Adrienne Lieberman // Marketing Coordinator, North America
      Posted October 18, 2012 at 9:59 am | Permalink

Hi Stacy, this will be ready and available very soon- please stay tuned on the blog.

11. tom
    Posted October 21, 2012 at 10:36 am | Permalink

where is this update ?

there is nothing in the blog anywhere concerning co pilot live v8 for laptops!