Our New CoPilot Live Apps for iPhone and iPad 3G are Here

We are excited to announce our CoPilot Live Premium USA and CoPilot Live Premium HD USA apps have been approved by Apple and are now available on the iTunes App Store.  And it gets better…for 7 days we’ll be offering both apps at a special introductory price!

__________________________________________________________________________

CoPilot Live Premium USA is available to purchase from the App Store for only $9.99 for the next 7 days.  After 7 days it will be available for $24.99.

Buy CoPilot Live Premium USA at the App Store

Available on the App Store

CoPilot Live Premium HD USA is available to purchase from the App Store for only $14.99 for the next 7 days.  After 7 days it will be available for $29.99.

Buy CoPilot Live Premium HD USA at the App Store

Available on the App Store

__________________________________________________________________________

New Features Include:

- Alternate Routes:¬†CoPilot Live will help you find the best way to any destination with a choice of up to three routes, displaying journey time and mileage for each. If you have our ActiveTraffic‚ĄĘ service enabled, it will also calculate the journey time based on real-time traffic speeds for each route.

- Drag Routing: Fine-tuning your route is easy with CoPilot Live. Simply drag the route or a destination flag to a preferred street you wish to take or location to navigate to.

- An Easy to Use, Intuitive User Interface: With our redesigned user interface all the navigation and driving features you need are right at your fingertips, when you need them.

- Speed Limit Alerts: CoPilot Live will display the speed limit on major roads and, should you accidentally exceed it, warn you with on-screen and audible alerts.

- Tap, Discover and Go: Tap anywhere on the map to navigate there or discover useful location-specific information about that place.

- Wikipedia: CoPilot Live lets you access community content easily with access to Wikipedia and Bing Local Search directly within the app.

- Bing‚ĄĘ Local Search:¬†Search the Internet for nearby businesses and places to navigate to.

- New Walking Mode: CoPilot Live’s new walking mode displays your location on the map with an easy to follow pulsing red dot. A dedicated walking user interface and menus include an on-screen compass and the ability to display Points of Interest and Wikipedia locations on the map. Turn-by-turn walking directions and an easy to follow dashed straight line to your destination are calculated automatically.

- Social Media Integration: Share your status and journey details with your friends using Twitter and Facebook

__________________________________________________________________________

Check out CoPilot Live on Flickr for a complete overview of features.

__________________________________________________________________________

In-app Purchases available for CoPilot Live Premium and CoPilot Live Premium HD:

- ActiveTraffic‚ĄĘ:¬† 12 months use for $9.99

Use real-time traffic conditions information to intelligently calculate the fastest route to your destination, provide an accurate ETA based on traffic and automatically avoid delays.

- Live Fuel Prices: 1 2 months use for $4.99

Get real-time gas prices to find the cheapest gas station nearby or at your destination and navigate directly there.

- Map of Canada:  Unlimited use for $4.99

Features include: Complete, street-level map of Canada

__________________________________________________________________________

CoPilot Live Premium USA is available to purchase from the App Store for only $9.99 for the next 7 days.  After 7 days it will be available for$24.99.

Buy CoPilot Live Premium USA at the App Store

Available on the App Store

CoPilot Live Premium HD USA is available to purchase from the App Store for only $14.99 for the next 7 days.  After 7 days it will be available for$34.99.

Buy CoPilot Live Premium HD USA at the App Store

Available on the App Store

This entry was posted in CoPilot Premium, iPad News & Updates, Special Offers and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. Mike Burger
    Posted July 11, 2011 at 7:18 pm | Permalink

So, no upgrade pricing/options for current CoPilot Live owners/users?

• Adrienne Lieberman // Marketing Coordinator, North America
      Posted July 12, 2011 at 11:22 am | Permalink

Hi Mike,

Unfortunately since there is currently no way for us to provide a discount to existing customers through Android Market or iTunes. Therefore we are offering the apps at a discounted price for the first 7 days. Let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
      Adrienne

2. Eddie Churchill
    Posted July 11, 2011 at 7:26 pm | Permalink

Sigh, I just bought the other existing one a week or so ago, even footed the bill for voice and live. Now I have to buy it all over again? Sigh… I like you guys but I am not sure I am up for poning up more money.

One thing you guys need to fix is your description of the old version. The first paragraph says the “new CoPilot Live Premium app is now available” then the second paragraph (describing the older version) ends with the comment that “CoPilot live is full-featured, PREMIUM GPS navigation at its best”. The emphasis is your own and is now very confusing. I thought I had bought a premium gps app, now it looks like I haven’t. :-)

3. Corey Mac
    Posted July 11, 2011 at 7:47 pm | Permalink

I have to agree with Mike on this one. The fact that I’ve been a loyal user for the past few years and I now have to spend the same amount as someone who’s getting it for the first time is horrible. This should be an upgrade for customers. I spent around $30 a few years ago now 9.99 plus I was just about to go with the live traffic. I’m disappointed guys!

4. Greg
    Posted July 11, 2011 at 10:29 pm | Permalink

I am not sure what the difference is between the non-HD and HD app? Is the HD app for the iPad? Can the HD work on my iPhone and iPad? Can the non-HD work on my iPad? So confused. I wish there was just 1 app!

Also I agree with the folks above. I have been a customer since your first iPhone app was released and now a new app I have to pay for plus this in-app purchase stuff is insane. I might just jump to TomTom so I can get the darn Homer voice and be done with Co-Pilot :-(

• Adrienne Lieberman // Marketing Coordinator, North America
      Posted July 12, 2011 at 11:26 am | Permalink

Hi Greg,

The HD version is strictly for the iPad and CoPilot Live Premium USA is for iPhone. Hope this helped. Also, for iTunes we are offering just CoPilot Live Premium and when you purchase Premium you do not need to purchase packages like you did with standard. Let us know if you have any other questions.

• Tom
        Posted July 12, 2011 at 1:02 pm | Permalink

So if we have both devices we would need to buy both the HD version and the regular version?

Most other apps work on both devices when on the same iTunes account.

• Greg
        Posted July 12, 2011 at 2:31 pm | Permalink

Ugh. Looks like I won’t be upgrading. This is a bad deal even at these prices. You should have done 1 universal app for both devices.

Sorry. You had a great product but now I can no longer recommended it in this form.

I guess Homer will be giving me directions now.

5. Dave
    Posted July 12, 2011 at 1:29 am | Permalink

I was wondering what the difference is from the original Co-Pilot? I’m in Canada, so I guess I need to buy the USA version and the $5 Canadian add on? And what exactly is the improvement over what I have?

• Adrienne Lieberman // Marketing Coordinator, North America
      Posted July 12, 2011 at 11:31 am | Permalink

Hi Dave,

You are correct, you would purchase CoPiloit Live USA for $9.99 (during our special) and then purchase Canada maps as an in-app purchase for $4.99. The new features are listed in the blog but it also might help if you check out our flickr gallery. http://www.flickr.com/photos/copilotlive/collections/72157626877112400/

Let us know if you have more questions, we will be happy to answer them.

Thanks,
      Adrienne

6. Private iPad
    Posted July 12, 2011 at 5:16 am | Permalink

As one of the first users and jubilant reviewers of the previous version I find it a slap in the face that our upgrade price is the same as for everybody else. Our paying for the previous version, our positive reviews, and our in-app purchases paid for the development of this new version, but ALK’s arrogance regarding its existing clients borders on disrespect and is guaranteed to alienate and makes clear that we are only cash-cows for your company.

Instead of me sending out a tweet suggesting to my 2872 followers your app I will remain silent – which, if only one of them would have bought it also (and experience shows a higher response rate) – is much more expensive than if you would have shown some existing customer appreciation.

I recommend your marketing dept. reads the books “customer once, client forever” and “secret service”…

FAIL

7. John
    Posted July 12, 2011 at 7:52 am | Permalink

I agree with the others here. I love the app and have recommended it to several people. We use it in our motorcoach where the large iPad screen as a GPS is great, but I just paid you the $30 about a month or so ago and now have to shell out another $15. Our purchases helped fund your development and would expect something for that.

If Garmin has an update within 6 months of a purchase, you get the update. That is a much better policy than yours.

8. Posted July 14, 2011 at 4:13 pm | Permalink

1) I still can’t tell what the difference is between the Copilot HD that I already have and the HD live premium

2) It pisses me off that I have to pay “full price” for what looks like an upgrade. If I decide to bite this bullet it means I will have paid for this app three times (+ traffic). Where’s the thanks for loyal customers?

3) First Netflix lost me as a long time customer by increasing their fees with little regard for longtime supporters and now you guys do essentially the same thing.

4) No way to provide a discount to current customers? BS – I can think of numerous ways. I can also think of numerous other GPS options on, or coming to, the iPad market.

• Adrienne Lieberman // Marketing Coordinator, North America
      Posted July 15, 2011 at 5:20 pm | Permalink

Hi Dave,

I apologize for the frustrations you are experiencing but CoPilot Live Premium HD USA is not an upgrade its a new app but with out special this week it allows current and new users to purchase CoPilot Live Premium HD at a discount for $14.99, so you are not paying full price if you purchase it by Monday.

The difference between CoPilot Live v8 HD USA and CoPilot Live Premium HD USA are all the new features that are listed in the blog post above such as Drag Routing, a new UI, Speed Limit Alerts, Wikipedia, Social media integration and more.

Active traffic is also transferable to your new device and you will not be charged for a previous subscription if you purchase CoPilot Live Premium HD. You can get instructions on how to do this here: http://blog.copilotlive.com/na/2011/07/12/how-to-transfer-your-v8-activetraffic-subscription-to-premium-or-standard/

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Adrienne

- Social Media Integration:

• Posted July 20, 2011 at 5:11 pm | Permalink

If you are no longer going to support CoPilot HD Premium then YES – this IS an upgrade. Call it whatever you want but this is not a new app. It is a minor revision and update to your previous product. Its not our fault you had to completely redesign the product in order to fix it.

All the new features? Please. The new version is nothing more than a slightly polished, slightly buggy version of v8 HD with a couple of new bells.

9. Posted July 14, 2011 at 4:33 pm | Permalink

oh, and 5) just found out that I will only get map updates on my current version through October. So 5 months after I shelled out full price for an iPad version of an iPhone app I had previously paid full price for I will own a completely obsolete program. Nice.

10. Patrick
    Posted July 27, 2011 at 2:21 pm | Permalink

I bought CoPilot Live USA some time ago, and just recently purchased the active traffic service. Now I see the new Premium version.

iTunes description for CoPilot USA: ‚ÄúOur exclusive MapSure‚ĄĘ service provides free monthly map improvement downloads and free quarterly full map updates through the life of your product version‚ÄĚ

iTunes description for CoPilot Live Premium USA: ‚ÄúExclusive ALK MapSure‚ĄĘ service that provides free monthly in-app map improvement downloads and full quarterly map updates for 1 year‚ÄĚ

Can you please explain your map upgrade plan? Will you not be providing map/version upgrades to CoPilot Live USA any more? Will the new Premium version cease to upgrade after one year? I’d like to know these things before I drop another $20.

Thank you.