Which app is for me? Premium or Standard

If you’re having trouble deciding which CoPilot Live USA app is best for you, here’s a full breakdown of what you can expect from each app.  We hope this helps makes your decision easier!

CoPilot Live Premium USA

is the ideal app for the driver that wants an advanced navigation experience.  It offers unlimited use of our full set of navigation features.  You can view the complete set of features here: http://copilotgps.com/us/personal/android.asp

The CoPilot Live Premium USA app provides the complete map of USA stored on-board your device so there’s no need to use your mobile service and data plan to navigate to your destination or worry about losing directions when you travel out of coverage.

You can also add a complete, street-level map of Canada via in-app purchase for $4.99.

• To do so, go to MyCoPilot > Features and Upgrades > Map of Canada

To enhance your journey, we also offer optional subscription-based live services that you can purchase from directly in your app, including:

• ActiveTraffic™ – 12 Months Use for $9.99

Use real-time traffic conditions information to intelligently calculate the fastest route to your destination, provide an accurate ETA based on traffic and automatically avoid delays.

• Live Fuel Prices – 12 Months Use for $4.99

Get real-time gas prices to find the cheapest gas station nearby or at your destination and navigate directly there.

• To add these services go to MyCoPilot > Features and Upgrades > ActiveTraffic or Fuel Prices

=============================================================================

CoPilot Live Standard USA

is the ideal app for the driver who may not need all the features CoPilot Live Premium has to offer.  It provides a more cost-effective approach where you can select and purchase only the features you need in order to completely customize your app.  The app includes full turn-by-turn navigation, standard POIs and route calculation along with the ability to add additional advanced navigation features via in-app purchase.

With your purchase of CoPilot Live Standard USA, you get:

Clear, non-distracting 2D maps
✔ Voice guided, turn-by-turn directions door to door
✔ Directions only guidance views
✔ Offline walking mode
✔ Route recalculation
✔ Detour feature to avoid unexpected delays or specific sections of your route
✔ Millions of useful Points of Interest (POIs) to navigate to or call from in-app
✔ Powerful pre-trip planning and unique multi-stop itinerary optimizer
✔ Bing™ Local Search
✔ Wikipedia to search and learn about interesting places nearby
✔ In-app Facebook Places check ins and Twitter status updates
✔ Real-time weather forecasts at your location or destination
✔ Complete map of USA stored on-board your Android device
✔ Exclusive ALK MapSure™ service that provides free monthly in-app map improvement downloads and full quarterly map updates for 1 year

If you choose, you can then add even more great features to your CoPilot with our navigation feature packs. Navigation packs are available to purchase directly from within the app.

Personal Routes – Unlimited Use for $$4.99

Features include: Alternate Routes, Drag Routing, Route Preview, RV Routing, Motorcycle Routing and Bicycle Routing

3D Advanced – Unlimited Use for $14.99

Features include: Text-to-Speech Voice Guidance, ClearTurn reality view, Lane Indicator Arrows, Real Signpost Info, 3D Maps, Speed Limits, Premium POIs, Parking and Navigate to Contacts

• To add these navigation packs go to MyCoPilot > Features and Upgrades > Personal Routes or 3D AdvancedCoPilot Live Features and Upgrades

The CoPilot Live Standard USA app provides the complete map of USA stored on-board your device so there’s no need to use your mobile service and data plan to navigate to your destination or worry about losing directions when you travel out of coverage. You can also add a complete, street-level map of Canada for via in-app purchase for $4.99.

• To do so, go to MyCoPilot > Features and Upgrades > Map of Canada

To enhance your journey, we also offer optional subscription-based live services that you can purchase from directly in your app including:

ActiveTraffic™ – 12 Months Use for $9.99

Live Fuel Prices – 12 Months Use for $4.99

• To add these services go to MyCoPilot > Features and UpgradesActiveTraffic or Fuel Prices

And don’t forget, both apps are available for a special introductory price for just a few more days!  If you’re traveling this 4th of July weekend, this is a deal you can’t pass up!

=============================================================================
CoPilot Live Premium USA is available to purchase for only $9.99 until July 5th.  After July 5th it will be available for $24.99.

Buy CoPilot Live Premium on Android Market

CoPilot Live Standard USA is available to purchase for only $2.99 until July 5th.  After July 5th it will be available for $4.99.

Buy CoPilot Live Standard on Android Market

This entry was posted in Android News & Updates, CoPilot Premium, iPad News & Updates and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. Cedric
    Posted June 30, 2011 at 5:57 pm | Permalink

Hello, I just bought USA Premium a few hours ago, and DL both NA and Canada maps (I plan to visit Quebec in 2 weeks), but I was VERY disappointed to see that streets of Canada are close to inexistant. For now I cannot plan to use it while I will be in Montreal, Quebec, Tadoussac, Ottawa, Toronto etc. When trying to enter street names, they are unknown! It is a problem you are going to fix, and do you have a date for that? Thanks for your support.
    By the way, the Canada map was available for free in the available maps, not in the features and upgrade (only the 2 additional services there)…

• Devon Valenti // Marketing Manager, North America
      Posted July 1, 2011 at 1:40 pm | Permalink

Hi Cedric,

I apologize for any issues you are experiencing. The Canada maps are definitely back up in the store and available for purchase. Within CoPilot, go to: MyCoPilot > Features and Upgrades > Map of Canada. We had momentarily removed it when we trying to resolve the issue some customers were having.

If you downloaded the Canada map when you first started the app or from the Get Maps menu, you will not see the street level data until you actually purchase the maps. Once you purchase the maps, your street level data will appear since you’ve already downloaded it. I apologize that this is slightly confusing, we’re actually making a change in the next update to alleviate any confusion here. So we appreciate your feedback!

Let me know if there is anything else we can help you with. Enjoy Quebec!

Thank you.

• Cedric
        Posted July 1, 2011 at 5:36 pm | Permalink

Hi,

Thanks for the update. But for now I still cannot see the Canada map into the features and options menu. I only see ActiveTraffic and fuel price.

Is that normal?

• Devon Valenti // Marketing Manager, North America
          Posted July 3, 2011 at 5:38 pm | Permalink

Hi Cedric,

That is very strange. Have you completely restarted the app?

Thanks,
          Devon

• Cedric
            Posted July 4, 2011 at 4:19 am | Permalink

I think so (closed then restarted app several time this WE to see if it changed), but does I need to reboot my phone to get the app full restarted? Or clear application cache?
            When I hit ‘features and options’, the app seems to be loading contents, but I still see only the ActiveTraffic and FuelService, no trace of Canadian map here…

• Cedric
            Posted July 4, 2011 at 9:04 am | Permalink

Just to be sure? May it come from my location (I’m living in France)? As it is linked to google market, sometimes we saw some data available only in some countries.
            As my issue is really not to find Canada map order option in features and options menu…

• Cedric
            Posted July 4, 2011 at 4:01 pm | Permalink

Hi again, I tried to clear data, still no canada map. I also tried to uninstall then reinstall the app, still no canada map. All I have in features and options menu is :
            Need help, I’ll be in quebec on next monday… :o)

• Cedric
            Posted July 5, 2011 at 6:10 am | Permalink

Sorry for the angry smiley, I wanted to make a smile but cannot edit the message… ;)

• Devon Valenti // Marketing Manager, North America
            Posted July 5, 2011 at 2:17 pm | Permalink

Hi Cedric,

Okay I think we may have figured out the issue for you! We believe the issue is your location and language setting as we saw that the in-app purchase was not showing up in EUR. Please restart the app and try again.

Thank you.

• Cedric
            Posted July 6, 2011 at 3:48 am | Permalink

Hi Devon,

Yes it works now! Thanks a lot for your support, it’s appreciated! :)

2. Cvet
    Posted June 30, 2011 at 6:03 pm | Permalink

You are not alone. ALK aknowledged the problem 2 days ago, when they released v9, but seems they are unable/unwilling to fix it and blame it on Google. I sent bunch of e-mails and requests to support but no definite answer when and how the problem will be fixed.

• Devon Valenti // Marketing Manager, North America
      Posted July 1, 2011 at 1:44 pm | Permalink

Hi Cvet,

We are not blaming any issues on Google. There was an issue with the in-app purchase process which we are in the process of resolving. It is a very high priority item for us and we expect to be able to give all the customers that purchased the Map of Canada their maps in the next couple days, if not sooner. We will be emailing every customer who purchased the maps directly with instructions on how to resolve the issue and ensure the process goes smoothly for you. We do apologize for the inconvenience you’ve experienced. Please know we are very willing to fix the issue and have stated this multiple times.

If you have any additional questions, please let us know.

Thank you.

3. Mike Cuff
    Posted July 4, 2011 at 8:54 am | Permalink

Are these “Live” apps suitable for the HTC HD2? There is no info as to which platform that are suitable for.
    Please respond before the offer expires.

• Devon Valenti // Marketing Manager, North America
      Posted July 5, 2011 at 9:59 am | Permalink

Hi Mike,

The HTC HD2 runs the Windows Mobile 6.5 OS and our CoPilot Live Premium and CoPilot Live Standard apps are not available for WinMob 6.5 phones. Our CoPilot Live v8 North America app is available for Windows Mobile 6.5: http://copilotlive.com/us/personal/winMobile.asp

Thank you.

4. Robert
    Posted July 4, 2011 at 9:30 am | Permalink

Can my Traffic Subscription be transferred to the new app?

5. Robert
    Posted July 4, 2011 at 9:33 am | Permalink

Sorry, found answer.

6. Ed
    Posted July 4, 2011 at 11:37 am | Permalink

I already have Copilot Live why would / should I upgrade to this version? Are there any differences that make it better, easier to use?

7. Tor
    Posted July 5, 2011 at 5:41 pm | Permalink

I would love to buy the premium, but i won’t do it before i can backup all my adresses in favorites… is there any way to do this?

I have copilot live 8 today.

• Adrienne Lieberman // Marketing Coordinator, North America
      Posted July 7, 2011 at 12:55 pm | Permalink

Hello Tor,

Backing up addresses is a feature we don’t currently offer for CoPilot Live Premium. Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Adrienne

8. Cheng
    Posted July 5, 2011 at 8:45 pm | Permalink

ALK Order E0259440

I bought EU via your webstore, but cannot download anything from either:
    http://www.copilotlive.com/setup as indicated in the order confirmation email (returns a blank page); or
    http://ai.copilotlive.com/ as suggested in FAQ for Copilot Premium.

May I know what is wrong?

Thanks.

• Adrienne Lieberman // Marketing Coordinator, North America
      Posted July 7, 2011 at 1:00 pm | Permalink

Hello Cheng,

We are currently looking into this for you and will let you know when we can get this app sent you. Thank you for your patience.

9. John
    Posted July 6, 2011 at 8:59 pm | Permalink

Have the difficulties with the Canada maps been corrected? When I try to purchase the Canada maps, it directs me to the website, but I can’t find anything that allows the purchase. Please advise.

• Adrienne Lieberman // Marketing Coordinator, North America
      Posted July 7, 2011 at 12:48 pm | Permalink

Hi John,

Can you let me know if you purchased this through the CoPilot Live web-store or through the Android Market?

Thanks,
      Adrienne

10. Bob Weiss
    Posted July 9, 2011 at 12:52 am | Permalink

I an 2 other family members all have Copilot live USA, I am a novice gps man & I would like to upgrade to Copilot Premium for USA, but I already paid for the traffic until 2012 & I don’t want to have to pay again for the same live service??? Please let me know if I can install Copilot USA premium without the extra costs???

• Adrienne Lieberman // Marketing Coordinator, North America
      Posted July 12, 2011 at 2:46 pm | Permalink

Hi Bob,

Unfortunately CoPilot Live Premium can not be running on different devices if you have purchased it once, each device needs to purchase a CoPilot Live if they are all running at the same time. Hope this helped, please let us know if you have any other questions

11. Curtis Watkins
    Posted July 12, 2011 at 7:56 am | Permalink

I have an iPhone4. A while back I requested the capability to be routed to a destination from a photo taken on my iPhone. I was told that this capability was in the works. Has it been accomplished ? Is this capability available in the new versions for the iPhone4 ? If not, can you please status me as to when the capability will be available ?

Curtis

• Adrienne Lieberman // Marketing Coordinator, North America
      Posted July 14, 2011 at 1:30 pm | Permalink

Hello Curtis,

Yes PhotoNav is now a new feature for CoPilot Live Premium. Take a look at our website to see all the new features with display images. http://www.copilotlive.com/us/personal/
      Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
      Adrienne

12. Mike Volk
    Posted July 14, 2011 at 10:40 am | Permalink

I purchased Co Pilot premium for the iphone the other day.
    Last night when I used the drag route to make a course, it was OK (some strange stay right instructions where there was no options) but when I got a page (SMS message) it stopped routing me.
    Even after I acknowledged the page (when I was at my destination) it was still stuck back at that turn.
    I am using this on a motorcycle and can not acknowledge sms, phone or anything else while driving — I can’t even see the unit, just hear it.
    Is there a fix pending?

13. Patrick
    Posted July 15, 2011 at 3:20 pm | Permalink

I bought CoPilot Live USA some time ago, and just recently purchased the active traffic service. Now I see the new Premium version.

iTunes description for CoPilot USA: “Our exclusive MapSure™ service provides free monthly map improvement downloads and free quarterly full map updates through the life of your product version”

iTunes description for CoPilot Live Premium USA: “Exclusive ALK MapSure™ service that provides free monthly in-app map improvement downloads and full quarterly map updates for 1 year”

Can you please explain your map upgrade plan? Will you not be providing map/version upgrades to CoPilot Live USA any more? Will the new Premium version cease to upgrade after one year? I’d like to know these things before I drop another $20.

Thank you.