All Your Questions Answered!

The last few days have been very exciting for us as we’ve started rolling out our new apps.  We’re trying our best to answer everyone’s individual questions as quickly as possible.  To help, here are some of the most frequently asked questions we’re receiving.  If we haven’t answered your question below, just comment and we’ll get to it as soon as we can.  Thank you for your patience!

Also, it looks like our launch discount is proving to be very popular and our activation servers have been operating close to capacity since Monday.  We apologize if you are experiencing any activation issues–for example where you cannot create a CoPilot ID or turn on your Map Updates and Personal Connect pack.  We are working hard to increase capacity for the spikes in demand.  If you encounter an activation error message, we recommend waiting 30 minutes and trying again.

1)      Is there an upgrade to CoPilot Live Premium and CoPilot Live Standard from v8 or previous versions?

Unfortunately there is currently no way for us to provide a discount to existing customers through Android Market or iTunes. Therefore we are offering the apps at a discounted price for the first 7 days from Android Market and the CoPilot Live Webstore.  The discounted price will also be available for iTunes customers once the apps are approved by Apple.

2)      Why are we charging for the apps?

CoPilot Live Premium and CoPilot Live Standard are completely new apps, not an update to the existing v8 app.  We hope that customers will appreciate that from time to time we need to charge for our latest software developments in order to continue creating the very best navigation experience possible.

3)      What will happen to the v8 apps?

Customers can still continue to use their existing CoPilot Live v8 iPhone, iPad and Android apps as normal.  These apps will remain on the iTunes App Store and Android Market.

4)      Can v8 maps be used with the new app?

No, v8 or previous version maps are not compatible with CoPilot Live Premium or CoPilot Live Standard.  When you purchase the new app, you will need to download your app and the maps to your device.

5)       What maps are being used in the CoPilot Live Premium and CoPilot Live Standard apps?

The CoPilot Live Premium USA and Standard USA apps use the latest ALK Digital™ Maps of the U.S. and Canada, which we also use in our current v8 products.  You can learn more about ALK Digital maps here:  http://www.alk.com/alk-digital-maps/gps-maps.asp

6)      Why is traffic an additional subscription cost?

Unlike other features in CoPilot Live, the traffic information in our traffic service is supplied by our partner INRIX therefore is a subscription based feature.  We’ve tried to make our 12 month traffic subscription the lowest price possible and it is significantly less than competitors.  You can learn more about ActiveTraffic here:  http://blog.copilotgps.com/na/2011/06/22/activetraffic/

7)       Can I transfer my existing v8 ActiveTraffic subscription to CoPilot Live Premium and CoPilot Live Standard?

Yes, to transfer your existing v8 ActiveTraffic subscription to your new CoPilot Live Premium or CoPilot Live Standard app, within your app tap MyCoPilot > My Account > Transfer Subscriptions

8)      When will the iPhone/iPad apps be available?

We are currently awaiting approval from Apple for the iOS versions of CoPilot Live Premium, CoPilot Live Standard and CoPilot Live Premium HD. We hope they will be available any day now and will announce them here on the Blog as soon as they are.

9)       Some of the links are not working on the new CoPilot Live web site. What’s going on?

We have just launched a brand new global web site at http://copilotgps.com/. Please bear with us while the new site gets up and running. You may find that you will need to clear your web browser cache in order to see all of the content on the new site correctly.

10)      Will the ALK MapSure™ service continue to be available for v8 customers?

The ALK MapSure service, which includes monthly and quarterly map updates, will be available for v8 customers through September 2011.   Map improvement requests will be accepted until September 30th, 2011 and the final monthly map update will be delivered to customers on October 15th, 2011.

11)    Is the ALK MapSure service available for CoPilot Live Premium and CoPilot Live Standard customers?

Yes, the ALK MapSure service is available for CoPilot Live Premium and CoPilot Live Standard customers at no cost for 12 months.  To activate this service, customers must add the Map Updates and Personal Connect feature pack to their CoPilot Live.  During the initial setup of CoPilot Live, customers will be offered the pack as a free gift.  You must accept and activate the pack to use the features.  If you skip accepting the pack, you can always accept it at a later time.  To do so, tap MyCoPilot > Features and Upgrades > Map Updates & Personal Connect  Once the initial 12 months of free updates is complete, you can continue to use the ALK MapSure service by purchasing a 12 month subscription for $9.99. You can learn more about the ALK MapSure service here:  http://www.alk.com/alk-digital-maps/gps-maps.asp

12)    Is the map of Canada available to purchase from CoPilot Live Premium USA or CoPilot Live Standard USA?

Yes, the complete street-level map of Canada is available to purchase for unlimited use from both CoPilot Live Premium and CoPilot Live Standard for $4.99 via in-app purchase.  To do so, tap MyCoPilot > Features and Upgrades > Map of Canada   We will also be releasing a North America version of the apps that includes both U.S. and Canada maps in the near future.

13)   Can I use CoPilot Central desktop software to download maps for CoPilot Live Premium or Standard?

CoPilot Central 2.0 is not currently supported for CoPilot Live Premium or CoPilot Live Standard. Please do not try to use CoPilot Central 2.0. We are currently working on an update for CoPilot Central that will support CoPilot Live Premium and CoPilot Live Standard.

For map downloads for Android, you can download your maps directly on the device by tapping MyCoPilot > My Maps. If you experience any problems, please contact support at http://copilotgps.com/us/support/supportContact.asp for additional help.

This entry was posted in Android News & Updates, CoPilot Premium, iPad News & Updates and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. Kevin Sheck
    Posted June 30, 2011 at 3:15 pm | Permalink

Any plans to supprot Windows Phone 7 and higher?

• Adrienne Lieberman // Marketing Coordinator, North America
      Posted July 1, 2011 at 10:22 am | Permalink

Hello Kevin,

We do not have plans for CoPilot Live Premium and Standard for Windows mobile devices at this time.Please let us know if you have any other questions.

2. Michael
    Posted June 30, 2011 at 3:17 pm | Permalink

Hi. New app looks great. A few questions. As with v8, I can not get trip planning to optimize the way I’d like. How do you optimize several stops, when starting and finishing at your start destination? I.e. home, or work location. Also, will other voices be available with street names? Thanks!

• Adrienne Lieberman // Marketing Coordinator, North America
      Posted July 1, 2011 at 5:09 pm | Permalink

Hello Michael,

We do have an optimize feature under the plan your route
      Main Menu >Route>Plan or Edit Trip> Options>Optimize Stops.

However, we do not offer a way to lock your starting destination and your end destination in order to prevent optimizing those stops. As of now we only offer the one TTS voice. Thank you for your positive feedback.

3. Alan Hartless
    Posted June 30, 2011 at 4:08 pm | Permalink

Bummer! I just purchased v8 for iPhone a few days ago expecting this to be an update. I can understand your reasoning but wish I knew this before I purchased v8 :-(. Waste of twenty bucks.

4. Cvet
    Posted June 30, 2011 at 4:09 pm | Permalink

Hi Dave,
    When will NO STREETS ON CANADIAN MAP problem will be fixed. How will we know, and how will the fix be distributed?
    Thanks

• Devon Valenti // Marketing Manager, North America
      Posted July 1, 2011 at 2:03 pm | Permalink

Hi Cvet,

The Canada maps issue is a very high priority item for us and we expect to be able to give all the customers that purchased the Map of Canada their maps in the next couple days, if not sooner. We will be emailing every customer who purchased the maps directly with instructions on how to resolve the issue and ensure the process goes smoothly for you. We do apologize for the inconvenience you’ve experienced.

If you have any additional questions, please let us know.

• Don Tsakirakis
        Posted July 2, 2011 at 5:43 pm | Permalink

I can’t even purchase the canadian maps as it did not give the option under manage & upgrades and I have sent an email to ELK support and did not hear anything yet, I leave in Canada

• Devon Valenti // Marketing Manager, North America
          Posted July 3, 2011 at 5:39 pm | Permalink

Hi Don,

Are you using the Premium or Standard USA app?

Devon

• Paco
          Posted July 5, 2011 at 9:22 pm | Permalink

I had the same problem but it seems fix now. Today (July 5) I bought and download the canada map and everything is ok, canada map is complete.

• Adrienne Lieberman // Marketing Coordinator, North America
            Posted July 6, 2011 at 1:42 pm | Permalink

Hi Paco,

Glad to hear it, let us know if you have any other questions.

Adrienne

5. Eddie
    Posted June 30, 2011 at 4:25 pm | Permalink

Shame – I have only had Co-pilot about 6 weeks – now they bring out a new version – to PAY for. I know there is a special price BUT still seems like I did not get my moneys worth out of Co-Pilot 8

OK- so I downloaded it – paid for it and so far NOT GOOD !! Sorry Co-Pilot but it needs a LOT of work to iron out the wrinkles – POI icons corrupt on screen – takes for ever to calculate some (short) routes – Can’t find out how to ‘plan a route’ (A to B , but not from where you are now) – can’t load extra POI’s ……… and how do I go back to Co-Pilot v8 ??
    Everything on v9 seems much slower tahn v8 on my HTC Wildfire ? especially getting a GPS fix.

OK – I am back on Co-pilot 8 . I have paid for v9 UK and v9 USA – I will give ALK a few weeks to improve v9 and iron out the bugs – if not , then I may be back for a refund.

• Eddie
      Posted June 30, 2011 at 4:48 pm | Permalink

Sorry – I found out how to plan A to B route – not intuitive , but it can be done

• Devon Valenti // Marketing Manager, North America
        Posted July 1, 2011 at 2:05 pm | Permalink

Hi Eddie,

To plan a route from A to B or with multiple stops, all you need to do is tap Route > Plan or Edit Trip.

Thank you.

• Eddie
          Posted July 8, 2011 at 10:04 am | Permalink

Thanks – but as I posted, I already found how to solve that one – what about my other points ?

6. Kevin O
    Posted June 30, 2011 at 5:20 pm | Permalink

I am still confused about the whole Canadian maps thing. In point #5 above it mentions that US and Canada maps are included. In point #12 it states that Canadian maps are an upgrade. I have purchased USA Premium and when I am presented with the selection of maps to download there is an 102.7 MB entry for Canada. What is that compared to the $4.99 Canadian map upgrade?

Also on the download page is a 1.3 GB download for North America. What is included in that 1.3 GB download? If you add up all the other map downloads (Canada, US regions, Alaska, and Hawaii) on that page they total 1.5 GB versus the 1.3 GB download for North America.

The same is true on the EU Full version. The Pan Europe is 1.8GB but the individual regions add up to 2.2 GB. Is this just a function of compression or overlapping regions?

• Devon Valenti // Marketing Manager, North America
      Posted July 1, 2011 at 2:00 pm | Permalink

Hi Kevin,

In question #5 we are simply saying the apps use the ALK Digital Maps of the U.S. and Canada as opposed to another map providers maps. The app does not automatically include both maps. If you choose to, you can add the Canada maps via in-app purchase for $4.99.

The Canada map that you are seeing can be downloaded although the street level data will not show up until you actually purchase the upgrade. You can purchase the map upgrade by going to MyCoPilot > Features and Upgrades > Map of Canada. Once you purchase the license, if you’ve already downloaded the Canada map it will automatically start showing the street level data. If you have not, you will need to then download the Canada maps. I apologize that this is slightly confusing. We’re actually making a change in the next update to alleviate any confusion here. So we appreciate your feedback.

If you have any additional questions, please let us know.

Thank you.

7. mobilemail
    Posted June 30, 2011 at 7:58 pm | Permalink

so….Windows Mobile 6 is dead to you?

8. Dashtapper
    Posted June 30, 2011 at 8:48 pm | Permalink

I just purchased a new subscription ActiveTraffic for v8 about a week ago. I’d like to know if I’ll get credited for the weeks, months or year of traffic I’ll lose if I upgrade. Otherwise I lose my money spent on that to save money on this upgrade. When I bought v8 a while ago; it took them something like 6 to 8 months or more before the traffic feature was available.

• Adrienne Lieberman // Marketing Coordinator, North America
      Posted July 1, 2011 at 11:52 am | Permalink

Hello Dashtapper,

As stated in our blog post above, for our Android device users, we are working to enable v8 customers to be able to transfer their remaining ActiveTraffic subscriptions to CoPilot Live Premium and Standard. This should be resolved in the next few days, today being the soonest. As soon as we get this up and working we will notify your and announce it on our blog. Thank you for your patience.

• Devon Valenti // Marketing Manager, North America
      Posted July 3, 2011 at 5:40 pm | Permalink

Hi Dashtapper,

In case you haven’t seen it, here are instructions for transfering your v8 ActiveTraffic subscription: http://blog.copilotlive.com/na/2011/07/01/how-to-transfer-your-v8-activetraffic-subscription-to-premium-or-standard/

Devon

9. Larry C
    Posted June 30, 2011 at 9:53 pm | Permalink

You contradict yourself in this post.
    In question #5, you wrote: “The CoPilot Live Premium USA and Standard USA apps use the latest ALK Digital™ Maps of the U.S. and Canada”

Then in question #12, you wrote: “Yes, the complete street-level map of Canada is available to purchase for unlimited use from both CoPilot Live Premium and CoPilot Live Standard for $4.99 via in-app purchase.”

Well, which is it? Does Copilot Live USA include Canada maps (Answer to Q5), or are Canada maps $4.99 extra? (Answer to Q12)

• Devon Valenti // Marketing Manager, North America
      Posted July 1, 2011 at 9:19 am | Permalink

Hi Larry,

In question #5 we are simply saying the apps use the ALK Digital Maps of the U.S. and Canada. The app does not automatically include both maps. If you choose to, you can add the Canada maps via in-app purchase for $4.99.

Please let us know if you still do not understand.

Thank you.

• Larry C
        Posted July 1, 2011 at 9:38 am | Permalink

Ok, I understand. In #5, you are saying that the maps of the US & Canada are ALK maps (as opposed to, for example, maps from Navteq or Teleatlas)

• Devon Valenti // Marketing Manager, North America
          Posted July 1, 2011 at 1:45 pm | Permalink

Yes that is correct.

10. Larry C
    Posted July 1, 2011 at 9:40 am | Permalink

ALK, I’m starting to see postings in online forums that say the new activation & licensing process will cause you problems if you are an android user who flashes custom roms. See http://getsatisfaction.com/copilotlive/topics/i_use_multiple_roms_how_can_i_have_copilot_installed_on_them
    and

Can you comment on this?

11. Gaww
    Posted July 1, 2011 at 12:28 pm | Permalink

When are you going to make it earier to backup and restore ON THE SAME DEVICE when changing Android ROMs???

Other paid apps manage having their app not get so tnagled in its own underware – why not CoPilot – it is currently a real pain!

12. Ravi
    Posted July 2, 2011 at 12:00 am | Permalink

Listen to your customers. DRM does not stop piracy. It doesn’t even hinder piracy. It does, however, hinder customers when attempting to legitimately use products they have paid for.

Don’t turn your customers to piracy because it’s more supported. Lose the shoddy DRM.

13. Wayne
    Posted July 2, 2011 at 11:26 am | Permalink

OK, I am a v8 user with paid live services. I purchased Premier and it seemed to start downloading onto my device. Now I cannot find it under applications and there are no notifications. What do I do now?

14. Jerry Rich
    Posted July 3, 2011 at 12:31 pm | Permalink

Is there any method for transferring locations saved as favorites in V.8 to the new CoPilot Premium, since it doesn’t do this upon installing?

• Devon Valenti // Marketing Manager, North America
      Posted July 3, 2011 at 5:41 pm | Permalink

Hi Jerry,

No there is no way to transfer saved locations.

Devon

15. Gaww
    Posted July 4, 2011 at 10:50 am | Permalink

I have NOT been able to transfer Traffic. Your instructions did not specify that it had to first be deactivated on old CoPilot App version – so does that HAVE to be done first?

16. HandTool
    Posted July 4, 2011 at 2:22 pm | Permalink

I just upgraded from CoPilot Live V8 to CoPilot Premium USA. I simply purchased the new CoPilot Premium USA from Google Market and allowed it to install.
    I wish I could import my v8 favorites. Oh well.
    I appear to still have my old v8 still installed . . . What files/data may I delete without causing problem(s)?

17. Karen
    Posted July 4, 2011 at 5:20 pm | Permalink

How do you turn off CoPilot Live on an iPhone 4 after you’ve arrived at your destination, so that it will stop draining the battery? Thanks

• Thwapp
      Posted July 12, 2011 at 3:39 am | Permalink

Hi Karen,

This works for any app that decides to be cranky and stop responding on the iPhone…

Press and hold the top button until the red slider to turn off the iPhone appears, then press and hold the Home button until the main iPhone desktop appears and your app will have shut down.

I find that CoPilot has a tendency to stop responding if I switch to another app on my iPhone 4, then switch back a few mins later and try to use it again. It’s like it can’t find the GPS chip anymore. Resetting the app this way forces it to re-load and re-initialize the GPS chip so that everything works as per once again.

That should do the trick for you.

• Paul
        Posted August 14, 2011 at 4:57 am | Permalink

Hi just a note on how to stop copilot running, double tap wake up button and you will see all your apps which are still live in the background along the bottom of the screen, tap and hold any of them until you see a minus sign in the corner (works in a similar way to deleting apps or moving them to different possitions)then tap each one to close or just close em all as i do regulary as to stop any undue battery drain.

18. Seth Koster
    Posted July 4, 2011 at 7:01 pm | Permalink

I bought Live Premium and I can’t use it.

The dashboard thing at the bottom is too small to use without taking my eyes off the road for a dangerously long time, and the voice doesn’t speak street names anymore.

v8 works still, however it opens Live at the same time and then crashes Live, so I have to submit a report and just back out of the the report submission to get v8 to run.

All in all, it’s been a waste of 10 bucks for me so far, especially since the maps are the same and the subdivisions v8 couldn’t find Live Premium *still* cannot find.

• Adrienne Lieberman // Marketing Coordinator, North America
      Posted July 5, 2011 at 11:03 am | Permalink

Hello Seth,

If you have purchased CoPilot Live Premium then your app includes TTS which will speak the street names, you need to select the name with the as-trick next to it. You can also buy the 3D advanced package if you purchased the CoPilot Live Standard version to get this feature.

As for the CoPilot Live crashing, I am sorry for the inconvenience you are experiencing. Since you have already contacted support they will be able to assist you with that. If you have any other questions please let us know.

19. Mark Robbins
    Posted July 5, 2011 at 3:01 am | Permalink

I need to import custom POIs. OV2 (and associated bmp) files placed in the save directory are recognised and the POI import proces starts. However, the option to select a custom category, or even an existing category, does not work and the imported POIs are nowhere to be found. This makes Copilot useless for me. When will there be a fix for this major bug? Thanks

20. Pierre
    Posted July 5, 2011 at 8:49 am | Permalink

The contact list in copliot is empty despite being filled in Android.

21. Pierre
    Posted July 5, 2011 at 8:50 am | Permalink

One great feature I would lke to see is chime selection and volume for warnings.
    I seen this on some competitors SW and I think it is really good. I like to have a whistle when I am over speed…

• Devon Valenti // Marketing Manager, North America
      Posted July 5, 2011 at 4:33 pm | Permalink

Thanks for the suggestion!

22. Pierre
    Posted July 5, 2011 at 8:51 am | Permalink

Copilot Live V9 stops when I switch to my Media player to select a new music track for example…(I am using the home button and not closing Copilot) When I go back to copilot it has to find the fix for the GPS again i have to restart my guidance.

• Adrienne Lieberman // Marketing Coordinator, North America
      Posted July 5, 2011 at 4:18 pm | Permalink

Hello Pierre,

If the CoPilot Live app is still opening then its sounds as if multitasking is working properly. If you are experiencing issues with losing your GPS signal while multitasking,please contact our Support team at: http://www.copilotlive.com/us/support/supportContact.asp

Thank you.

23. Leo
    Posted July 5, 2011 at 11:17 am | Permalink

I have had Copilot Live North America for iPhone for over a year now and have reported many map updates and never seen them show up. I have also reported all sorts of bugs from errors in importing contact addresses to the inability navigate through the different menus when manually entering in some settings/addresses. iTunes will not offer a refund and have received no response from ALK either. Since you seem to be unwilling to offer a refund on this app, would you at least offer to upgrade me to your new version which I assume has fixed a number of the issues I encountered?

thanks,

Leo

• Devon Valenti // Marketing Manager, North America
      Posted July 5, 2011 at 4:30 pm | Permalink

Hi Leo,

All of your map updates should have been corrected as we have provided monthly MapSure updates every month. If you like I can look into your requests directly. You can email me a list of the requests and the email address you submitted them with to dvalenti@alk.com

As for the other bug issues you mentioned reporting, where did you report these issues?

Thank you.

24. Chris
    Posted July 6, 2011 at 12:59 pm | Permalink

Will you be supporting iOS updates to ensure compatibility or you just got our cash and run away from the current copilot version?

Will you be supporting map updates on older versions?

If the answer to the above is both no, then allow me to comment: £29.99 in UK and anothet £29.99 for the Greek version and after a year you provide no map updates? That is the wrong business model! Unless your discount price reflects distribution costs only and no profit the app will be immediately deleted and I am never going to buy anything from you again!

Better pay £40 and get the tom-Tom app that has updates for life! I will also give you zero stars and a harsh review on app store!

Otherwise…I might consider staying!

• Adrienne Lieberman // Marketing Coordinator, North America
      Posted July 6, 2011 at 1:40 pm | Permalink

Hi Chris,

When you purchase CoPilot Live Premium or Standard you will receive map updates for a year.

For Customers still using CoPilot Live v8, these apps will remain on the iTunes App Store and Android Market. The Map Updates will continue until September 2011.

Thank you.

25. jlatnyc
    Posted July 7, 2011 at 12:27 am | Permalink

I bought v8 on June 26th, by that time you already knew that you were rolling out a new version. I find it to be a bad business model to cheat customers. I even thought of ” upgrading” however when I checked the Android Market today I noticed the price for US version was $25 and not the $10 it was earlier this week. Is there a discount code you can generate that will enable me to purchase v9 on the Android Market for the introductory price.

• Devon Valenti // Marketing Manager, North America
      Posted July 7, 2011 at 8:46 am | Permalink

Hi jlatnyc,

The v8 apps are still available to purchase so that customers can choose which app they prefer. Unfortunately the introductory discount code for the new Premium & Standard apps expired on Tuesday, July 5th.

Thank you.

26. dwayne
    Posted July 7, 2011 at 1:30 pm | Permalink

when i try to purchase the canadian map nothing happens. it asks for a product key but no option to purchase one.

• Adrienne Lieberman // Marketing Coordinator, North America
      Posted July 8, 2011 at 9:47 am | Permalink

Hi Dwayne

Did you purchase CoPilot Live through the CoPilot Live Webstore or the Android Market?

27. Newbie
    Posted July 7, 2011 at 4:01 pm | Permalink

1. Why is it that the euro clearturn has more information than the US version? We only get one sign and its the exit sign with the same info displayed in type on the bottom bar, shouldnt their be another sign (or 2 depending.) stating the other roads and options? This really is my only hangup with copilot compared to navigon…the ‘real’ signpost info. Personally I dont see the point of it if its like this for US roads, why not just use lane guidance instead of using this gimmicky feature.

2. Maps are 30 years out of date in rural areas here in the us. I find this to be discrimination vs. the noncity folk! or is it not? And mapsure doesnt fix half my city. <.<

3. This new app (despite those 2 problems) is deaddrop sexy =) thanks for the good price points.

please answer my questions !
    And a suggestion: spoken street side destination. You guys are soo close to making the perfect satnav app for the smartpones! Just smooth over these small details so I can recommend you to everyone. please *cowers*

28. Eddie
    Posted July 8, 2011 at 10:29 am | Permalink

OK – I posted a few problems with v9 – but I also found ONE GREAT FEATURE

If you have any photos with GPS locations on your Android phone (you can add these easily using Picassa free from Google on your PC) then you can use to ‘GoTo’ ‘PhotoNav’ to choose your destination (i.e. where the photo was taken)

So you can ‘GPS Tag’ photos of your friends – and select Destination by ‘PhotoNav’

Can I make ANOTHER plea to sort out adding POI’s and give us full instructions – this used to be so easy on TomTom – just add a OV2 and .bmp file

29. Ibsen
    Posted July 11, 2011 at 6:01 pm | Permalink

As was asked before, an OFF button would be a big help for the iPhone version. Right now, I go to “Plan or Edit Trips” then I CLEAR the route, then go to another program, and I can expect coPilot to quit in from 1/2 hour to 1/2 day or so. Has this been addressed, or could you explain the thinking behind this?

personally like coPilot after I got used to the quirky interface.

Ibsen

• Paul
      Posted August 14, 2011 at 5:12 am | Permalink

Double tap wake up and hold any app at bottom of screen then tap to turn off, se my reply earlier to someone else.

30. Robert J.
    Posted July 11, 2011 at 9:58 pm | Permalink

I don’t want to renew my ActiveTraffic subscription what should I do ?

31. gaylord hill
    Posted July 14, 2011 at 5:49 pm | Permalink

Is it possible to cut and paste an ENTIRE address into a SINGLE field and CoPilot find it. I use Motion X and it is very conviently there and its cheaper.

32. Neil McAslan
    Posted July 27, 2011 at 7:28 pm | Permalink

Motorola MB200 (Cliq) screen is screwed up w/ 4 or 5 symmetrical mini-screens. I factory reset my phone, downloaded the software and reinstalled, followed instructions in my support case.

Support is taking 1-2 weeks to respond to updates and then they offer some silly single step to buy time.

Please indicate that engineers want to fix v9 for customers of v8 where sw worked.

33. olaf
    Posted July 31, 2011 at 7:16 pm | Permalink

As others, I bought v8 HD NA end of June. Just found out v9 rollout. Doesn’t make me feel an appreciated customer. ALK should have provided a ‘use before date’ on v8, especially since support (i.e. Map updates) will stop in Sep. As ALK doesn’t seem to seek return business, i’ll shop elsewhere for EU navigation.

34. Paul
    Posted August 14, 2011 at 5:10 am | Permalink

Hi there i have had copilot live since the intro offer and found it to be sound apart from a few little gliches which i have had in the past with more expensive stand alone units, its more about playing with this system and understanding the workings, one thing i would like is to be able to lock the screen as i use it on my harley which causes the unit to switch between landscape and portrait as cornering sometimes every few seconds, shame but i still like it.
    Used it in uk,crete(shame about the grotty country but the nav worked fine) and italy, up to now its pretty good.

2 Trackbacks