What Exactly Can You Do with ActiveTraffic™?

ActiveTraffic uses the highest quality real-time traffic flow information for major and secondary roads available on the market today, to intelligently calculate the fastest route around traffic jams and provide an accurate ETA to your destination. Here is an overview of the key features and benefits of the ActiveTraffic service, as well as information on how to add it to your CoPilot Live.

Detailed Alternate Route Preview – Know exactly what you’re getting yourself into BEFORE you detour

With ActiveTraffic you will receive an alert if CoPilot Live has identified a faster route through traffic—based on the actual road conditions at that moment—to your destination.  The alert will display the new suggested route along with the amount of travel time it will take you compared to your original route.  This allows you to make an educated decision on whether or not to accept the alternate route.  For example, perhaps the alternate route will save you 25 minutes but you don’t want leave a main road because you’re running dangerously low on gas so the original route may be the better choice.  See screenshots below.

ActiveTraffic Service Accurate and Reliable ETAs – Know exactly when you’re going to arrive

ActiveTraffic uses real-time traffic speeds and location reports, to maintain a realistic estimated time of arrival (ETA) throughout your drive—one that is based on the actual road conditions now and not from 30 or 45 minutes ago.  For example, if you’re on your way to pick up your son from pre-school and run into traffic, you can call ahead and let them know you’re running late and what time they can expect you.

At-a-Glance Display of Traffic Conditions – Know what you’re driving into

ActiveTraffic is designed to make sure you’re constantly informed of what’s ahead of you and what you can expect throughout your trip.  If you choose, you can display a dynamic traffic bar alongside your map that provides a color-coded view of real-time traffic flow along your route.  You can actually see how far ahead the traffic congestion goes.  Sections of the route where traffic is flowing freely are in green, those with moderate congestion in yellow and severe congestion in red.  And here’s a tip, tap the traffic bar at any time if you want to quickly view the Traffic Map which shows traffic flow on the route and in the surrounding area.  This a helpful feature to use before you even get in the car!  Set your destination, and then view the Traffic Map to see what the current conditions look like.  See screenshots below.

ActiveTraffic Service

Now that you know how ActiveTraffic can help you travel a little more hassle-free and a lot more informed….what are you waiting for?

ActiveTraffic is available to purchase for 12 months use for $9.99 via-in app purchase.  Within CoPilot Live, go to MyCoPilot > Features & Upgrades > ActiveTraffic

If you have purchased CoPilot Live for your Android device from our Web Store, you can purchase ActiveTraffic directly from the Android page of our website.

This entry was posted in General News and Info and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. Colin
    Posted June 29, 2011 at 10:46 pm | Permalink

I believe I have multiple problems: 1) ActiveTraffic is not showing bar on left hand side, even though Settings->ActiveTraffice->Enable Traffic Service is checked, and I have paid for the added feature. 2) POIs are not showing up when i’m stopped, nor now that i have set to Always.

2. Scott
    Posted July 2, 2011 at 7:44 pm | Permalink

I have tried to purchase activetraffic within the app but all it ever does is through me to the main website where I go round and round without finding where to purchase the subscription.

3. Christopher
    Posted July 9, 2011 at 7:09 pm | Permalink

ActiveTraffic??? I live in Atlanta, the nations 2nd worst or worst traffic in the country…. I am in outside sales so I pretty much stay on the road. So I have has ActiveTraffic on my CoPilot Live Premium now for about 3 weeks now and my ActiveTraffic sure has not been ACTIVE at all. I have been stuck on an interstate in parking lot traffic and my ActiveTraffic map shows the traffic as all green and flowing. Pretty much this app SUCKS and is a HUGE waste of money. Does not do anything it advertises, I guess when you getting traffic info for Atlanta, you should not be getting it from someone in the UK.

Do not waste your money, this is crap!

4. Chris
    Posted July 11, 2011 at 6:54 pm | Permalink

I also have been trying to buy this Application from within the application on my Android Phone but the upgrade just sends me to the main website where I go round and round without finding where to purchase the subscription. You would of thought that co-pilot would want to sell me Active Traffic. Obviously not…

• Devon Valenti // Marketing Manager, North America
      Posted July 20, 2011 at 2:21 pm | Permalink

Hi Chris,

ActiveTraffic is available to purhase from the Android page on our website: http://www.copilotlive.com/us/personal/android.asp

Click on the 6th bullet point that says ActiveTraffic & Fuel Prices.

Please let me know if you need anything else.

Thank you.

5. Miles Smash
    Posted August 21, 2011 at 7:30 pm | Permalink

I purchase live traffic about one month ago and now I do not have it on my phone anymore for copilot live. How do I fix this problem?

6. H. WOOD
    Posted August 22, 2011 at 6:23 am | Permalink

I can’t figure out what the previous commenters are talking about.
    ACTIVE TRAFFIC FULFILLS WHAT IT PROMISES.
    I HAVE SAVE TIME WITH ACTIVE TRAFFIC.
    FUNNY THING, I OWN A 2011 S550(MB) that has active navigation built into the GPS AND THE COPILOT ACTIVE TRAFFIC IS IN SYNC WITH S550 on board navigation system.
    Copilot active traffic delivers.
    Possibly, the previous commentees don’t know how to operate the Application.
    All I can say is ” READ THE INSTRUCTIONS “!

7. 7wolf
    Posted October 16, 2011 at 7:56 am | Permalink

When also in Italy?!?!?! Please release this useful service in Italy ASAP!!!
    Thanks a lot

8. Acme Consulting Group, Inc.
    Posted November 10, 2011 at 12:30 am | Permalink

I’m having several problems between my accounts as well as the devices, (iPhone & iPad) I called you guys over 2 weeks ago regarding these problems, the lady who I spoke with was rather rude and of no help at all. She gave me yet another number to call which I did but nobody ever answered the phone or called me back. As a result I’ve ended up paying for and downloaded your “Live Traffic” several times to no avail. Also if I have purchased your app for each device but now I can’t even log in to either one. If someone could please call me back on my cell at (702) 858-2263 so that we could please go through all of this and straighten this out once and for all.

Thanks,