Free Quarterly Map Update for All CoPilot Live Customers

We’ve released a complete map update featuring our latest 2011 Q1 map data for all North America and USA CoPilot Live v8 customers. This adds thousands of new miles of roads in the U.S. and Canada and hundreds of map improvements submitted by customers. The free map update is available immediately for all platforms including: iPhone, iPad, Android, Windows Mobile and Laptop.

Here’s how to get the latest quarterly map update:

• For iPhone & iPad v8 customers: You can download the latest free Quarterly map update via the latest application update in your iTunes
  • For CoPilot Live Directions customers: You can download the latest free Quarterly map update directly from your phone using CoPilot Live Directions. Within CoPilot Live, go to MENU > Get Maps and re-download your selected map region.
  • For Windows Mobile & Android v8 customers: You also download the latest version of maps directly from your phone using CoPilot Live. Within CoPilot Live, go to MENU> Get Maps and re-download your selected map region.  Download your free full map update using the latest version of CoPilot Central 2.0 desktop companion software. You can also download and install CoPilot Central 2.0 from http://www.alk.com/copilot/central/.  The latest North America maps will have the Release Date: June, 8, 2011. Make sure you also have the latest version of CoPilot Live for your Windows Mobile or Android device.
  • For Laptop v8 customers:  You can download the latest free Quarterly map update directly from your laptop. Within CoPilot Live, go to MENU > Get Maps and re-download your selected map region.

If you have any questions regarding how to get the update, just ask! This free map update is part of our MapSure service that guarantees you always have the very latest map of North America on your CoPilot Live.

This entry was posted in Android News & Updates, CoPilot Premium, iPad News & Updates, Laptop News & Updates, Windows Mobile News & Updates and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. KEith Burrell
    Posted June 10, 2011 at 3:54 pm | Permalink

I recieved the email today that a couple roads i needed loaded have been added to the update. I downloaded the new maps and the roads are not there?? Just wondering what happened.

2. charles sommer
    Posted June 10, 2011 at 9:32 pm | Permalink

if the update is free, why does co-pilot central want to charge me $24.99 for the windows mobile quarterly map update???????

3. Joe
    Posted June 29, 2011 at 11:53 am | Permalink

I have copilot live 8 for truck, on a Win Mobile 5 platform, Ipaw hx2490.
    I cannot redownload the map, there is not enough memory, it is a 2 GB sd card.

When I tried to download the licensed map using central, it downloads a folder called North America (1.76 GB)
    I backed up the existing folders, and they are North America Truck (1.70 GB) and North America (58 MB)

I would have to delete both existing folders, including North America truck to install the North America folder.

Will these delete my truck capability??

Confusing to say the least, but v 8 is so nice compared to v 7, that I want to keep the maps up.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!!

Joe

4. hoseinabbassi
    Posted July 3, 2011 at 3:51 am | Permalink

my copilot for htc hd2 not worke

5. Antuche
    Posted August 20, 2011 at 10:01 am | Permalink

I just purchased CoPilot to be used with Magellan GPS unit just over a month ago and paid almost $100.00. The version that was sent to me through Best Buy was 7.8.0.469 2000-2003. When trying to use this software on the road, it is almost impossible – addresses that have been there for 15 years are not found by the GPS. How can I get an updated version of the software.

6. shandel hull
    Posted September 22, 2011 at 5:00 pm | Permalink

i need to know how to download these updates. my husband drives a truck and does not have access to a computer except when he is home. how can we download from our laptop at home.

2 Trackbacks