This week we announced the availability of the first-ever, voice-guided GPS navigation app that offers truck-specific guidance and routing on Android phones—CoPilot Live Truck USA & CAN. Available to download from the Android Market, the app is designed specifically for professional drivers of trucks and other large commercial vehicles and features industry-standard PC*MILER® truck-specific routing.
Unlike consumer GPS navigation apps, CoPilot Live Truck takes into account truck-restricted and prohibited roads to provide drivers safe and reliable routes on truck-legal roads throughout the U.S. and Canada. Routes are automatically calculated based on vehicle size and load type to avoid commercial truck restrictions including:
- Vehicle height, weight, width and length limits
- Low bridge heights and clearances
- Left-hand and dangerous turns
- No U-turns for trucks
- Hazardous materials restrictions
- Industry-standard truck-specific attributes from the latest release of PC*MILER 24
- Load-specific routing including 30 different Hazmat categories
- Generate routes based on: Practical, Shortest, 53’/102” Trailer or Twins, Hazmat, National Network and Toll Avoidance
- Ability to create to custom route profiles for easy switching between vehicles
- Over 7 million Points of Interest (POIs) including truck-specific categories: truck services, truck stops, rest areas, weigh stations, CAT Scales
- Optimize routes by reordering up to 50 stops
- Generate state mileage logs to provide an accurate record for billing and tax calculation
Plus…all the advanced navigation features and live services available in CoPilot Live!
View a complete feature overview of CoPilot Live Truck–> CoPilot Live Truck Feature Sheet
View a list of compatible Android devices here–> Compatible Devices for CoPilot Live
Or, check out the app in the Android Market today!