APP UPDATE: CoPilot Live USA and CoPilot Live North America for iPhone

We’ve released an app update for CoPilot Live USA & CoPilot Live North America for iPhone users.  The free updates are available to download immediately from iTunes.

• CoPilot Live USA Version 8.2.0.381
  • CoPilot Live North America Version 8.2.0.341

This update includes a complete map update featuring the latest Q3 2010 North America maps.  This adds thousands of new miles of roads in the U.S. and Canada and hundreds of map improvements submitted by customers.

This free map update is part of our MapSure service that guarantees you always have the very latest map of North America on your CoPilot Live.

Learn more about the benefits of MapSure here:  http://www.alk.com/Maps/mapsure.asp

Or start using MapSure today.  Report a map improvement such as a missing road or address through our easy-to-use online form or directly from within your CoPilot live.  Just go to MENU > MapSure

We will verify the information, add it to our maps and distribute it, along with any other changes, to everyone within 45 days!

This entry was posted in CoPilot Premium. Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. Gregory B.
    Posted December 2, 2010 at 1:01 am | Permalink

I love updates, but this is the 2nd iPhone update in a row that is giving me constant “map maintenance update” hassles. Every time I open up the CoPilot USA app it says there is a “map maintenance update” to download. No matter how many times I agree to download it, it still comes back to make me download this mystery map update the next time around. The only way I got rid of it last time was to completely uninstall the app and reload it from iTunes. Am I the only one experiencing this two updates in a row? My iPhone 4 is on the latest software – iOS 4.2.1

• Devon Valenti // Marketing Manager, North America
      Posted December 2, 2010 at 12:34 pm | Permalink

Hi Gregory,

We apologize for the issue you’re having. There is an easy way to fix it:

1. Connect your device to iTunes on the desktop
      2. Select the “Apps” tab for the device and scroll down to the “File Sharing” section.
      3. Click on the CoPilot Application in the left box. The CoPilot files and folders should appear on the right
      4. Click on the “Info” folder and delete it
      5. Start CoPilot
      6. Go to Menu > Updates > Check for Updates > Select the “Map Maintenance Update” and download it
      7. Restart CoPilot

This should download the update once and not prompt you to download it again.

If you are still having issues, please let me know.

Devon

2. Gregory B.
    Posted December 2, 2010 at 2:04 pm | Permalink

Thank you for the quick reply, Devon. I have followed your instructions to the letter, but I am still prompted to download a new “Map Maintenance Update” every other time I restart the CoPilot app, even after deleting the “info” folder. I understand a quick fix would be to disable the auto check for updates every time I open CoPilot, but I don’t want to miss any true legitimate updates in the near future. Do you have any other suggestions? I don’t like uninstalling and reinstalling the app every time there’s an update because I lose all my settings. And a complete reinstall did not fix the issue this time anyhow. Please let me know what my next step should be. Thanks.

• Devon Valenti // Marketing Manager, North America
      Posted December 2, 2010 at 5:55 pm | Permalink

Hi Gregory,

I spoke to Aaron on our Support team and he said he is directly helping you fix the issue. If you need anything else at all, please let me know.

Devon

3. Jim Pixley
    Posted December 10, 2010 at 12:54 pm | Permalink

I am also having this problem. I called tech support and was given these same instructions which did not help. After running the update I also loose my turn-by-turn voice which I then have to reactivate to get working again. Has Aaron at tech support been able to resolve this issue for you Gregory?

Thanks for any info

4. Mike
    Posted December 10, 2010 at 2:02 pm | Permalink

Will you be releaseing a windows phone 7 version of CoPilot Live?

• Devon Valenti // Marketing Manager, North America
      Posted December 10, 2010 at 2:45 pm | Permalink

Hi Mike,

At this time, we have no plans for releasing a CoPilot Live for Windows Phone 7.

Devon