September MapSure requests & map update now available

We’ve just released a new free monthly map maintenance update for all CoPilot Live North America, CoPilot Live USA, and CoPilot Live Directions customers. The new update includes emergency road closures, updates reported by users via MapSure™ during the month of September and other improvements.  So if you submitted a street or address change in September via MapSure, it’s now available!

You can download the free update directly from your device via mobile web or WiFi:

• Go to MENU > Updates and tap “Check for Updates”
  • After the download is finished, make sure to completely restart CoPilot Live to ensure the update is complete.  If you do not restart, you will not see the new map data.

If you prefer to have your device check for these monthly updates automatically:

• Go to MENU > Updates and select the “Check for Updates When CoPilot Starts” option and tap OK

IMPORTANT:  In order to receive the monthly update you MUST have the latest Quarterly Maps on your CoPilot Live for the map maintenance updates to work.

This free update is part of our MapSure service that guarantees you always have the very latest map of North America on your CoPilot Live. Click here to report a map update through MapSure today or you can now report MapSure updates directly from within CoPilot Live.  Just go to MENU > MapSure     See image to the left.

This entry was posted in Android News & Updates, CoPilot Premium, Windows Mobile News & Updates and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. Mark
    Posted October 16, 2010 at 6:53 pm | Permalink

I just connected to Copilot Central. Central indicated that a new version of the maps for North America are available. Is the update from Central different from the MapSure update?

• Devon Valenti // Marketing Manager, North America
      Posted October 18, 2010 at 9:11 am | Permalink

Hi Mark,

It sounds like you are seeing a quarterly map update through Central. You may not have downloaded the most recent quarterly maps. To ensure you have the latest MapSure update, download the quarterly update via Central first then in CoPilot Live on your device, go to MENU > Updates to get the latest MapSure update.

If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Devon

2. Mark
    Posted October 18, 2010 at 4:58 pm | Permalink

Devon,

I believe that latest quarterly update available via Central 2.0 is dated Oct 15, 2010. I don’t recall ever seeing a notification in e-mail or on the ALK blog for Windows Mobile for a quarterly update.
    If you review the current ALK blog postings for Windows Mobile, I believe you find the same.
    How are notifications for new quarterly map versions announced?

Thanks,
    Mark

• Devon Valenti // Marketing Manager, North America
      Posted October 20, 2010 at 2:07 pm | Permalink

Hi Mark,

I checked Cental and you are correct, it says the North America maps have a release date of October 15, 2010. It appears there was an an update made to Central on our end and it changed the release date although it shouldn’t have. I apologize for the confusion. This is why you did not see a notice about the quarterly map updates being available.

We do announce all monthly MapSure updates and quarterly updates here on the blog and on Twitter. We also announce the quarterly updates via email if you checked the box within CoPilot Live to receive our product news and updates.

I do apologize for the confusion in Central. To make sure you have the latest map date, you can also check on your CoPilot Live. Go to: MENU > Settings > About CoPilot Live. Next to Data it should say NA.2010.02.x.x.x.x

Please let me know if you need anything else.

Devon

3. Les
    Posted October 20, 2010 at 10:31 am | Permalink

No announcement is made, the only way to know is to check or happen to see it here, usually a few days after they are released. Checking for quarterly updates is a convoluted process requiring the user to go through an abnormal path (for software) to find out if quarterly map updates are available (Central > Explore My Copilot > Maps > Get More Maps).

A problem has recurred with the monthly map updates and the most current software for Windows Mobile – although map updates are unpacked, subsequent rechecks show that updates are available and the process can be repeated. The problem appears to be either with the latest Copilot software or a problem with the actual monthly update perhaps filename or date/time stamp that causes the software to think that a different version is available for installation.

• Devon Valenti // Marketing Manager, North America
      Posted October 20, 2010 at 2:13 pm | Permalink

Hi Les,

We announce all of our quarterly and monthly MapSure updates either here on the blog, via Twitter or in email updates if you’ve checked the box to receive them in CoPilot Live.

I’m sorry if you’re experiencing issues with your monthly map updates, if you’d like to email me directly we can take a closer look and see what the issue is. Perhaps we can offer a solution. My email address is dvalenti@alk.com.

Devon

• Les
        Posted October 20, 2010 at 2:22 pm | Permalink

Devon – Thank You for the response. I wanted to post something here so that it does not seem open-ended but after posting this I decided to reopen the ticket that I submitted last week on the same issue.

• Devon Valenti // Marketing Manager, North America
          Posted October 20, 2010 at 2:28 pm | Permalink

Hi Les,

I remember you had trouble with the last update in September and we had to send you the CAB file directly. I’ll check in with Support regarding your ticket and see if we can figure out what the problem is this time around!

Devon

4. John
    Posted October 20, 2010 at 5:33 pm | Permalink

Interesting reply regarding purchasing other maps because when I use CoPilot Live Central all I see is North America. In fact, the CoPilot store is empty of everything except LiveTraffic. is that the way it’s suppossed to be and if so, then is the first response above not right?

• Devon Valenti // Marketing Manager, North America
      Posted October 21, 2010 at 11:13 am | Permalink

Hi John,

We’ve updated the response on the other page regarding purchasing maps. With the CoPilot Live USA Android app you will NOT be able to purchase a map of Canada. You will however be able to purchase a Europe upgrade and some of our other regions as upgrades. You should see these maps as available for purchase in CoPilot Central, along with a 12 month purchase of ActiveTraffic. I just checked and Europe and the other regions upgrades are available in Central. If you are still not seeing them, please let me know. I apologize for the confusion this has caused. If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Devon

5. John
    Posted October 20, 2010 at 5:35 pm | Permalink

Sorry, somehow this ended up under this heading rather than under the segment “CoPilot Live USA hits the Android Market for $4.99″ where I intended to put it.