CoPilot Live on iPhone 4

iPhone 4 has hit the stores today and the first customers to lay their hands on one are reporting problems running CoPilot Live. The issue has to do with iPhone 4’s high res Retina display.

Please rest assured that we will issue an update that fixes this as soon as possible. It will also bring the full iOS 4 compatibility that we described yesterday.

We are sorry for any inconvenience and will keep you informed about the status of the update right here.

This entry was posted in CoPilot Premium and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. momo
    Posted June 24, 2010 at 11:06 am | Permalink

please get this update out soon!
    i use your app multiple times a day!
    thanks

2. PC
    Posted June 24, 2010 at 12:20 pm | Permalink

HURRY UP!!! haha, thanks!

3. orangy
    Posted June 24, 2010 at 2:00 pm | Permalink

Is this the same issue that makes it so I cannot activate my copy that I used on my iPhone 3g?
    The activation screen is on the display twice, and it does not accept input.

• Devon Valenti // Marketing Manager, North America
      Posted June 25, 2010 at 9:58 am | Permalink

Hi Orangy,

Did you upgrade to iOS 4 on your iPhone 3G?

Thanks,
      Devon

4. Chris
    Posted June 25, 2010 at 6:29 am | Permalink

Good to know you’re aware of, and working on a solution.

Thanks!

5. Josh
    Posted June 25, 2010 at 6:29 am | Permalink

Actually, the program WILL accept input, the buttons are still in their correct positions, they just aren’t rendered correctly. IE: if the input buttons are normally on the bottom of the screen, they are still there. I activated my program on the iPhone 4, but it’s not usable at this point.

6. Posted June 25, 2010 at 7:02 am | Permalink

Thanks for your effort in putting this at once! Your site is much advance then others i have seen writing about this focus. Thank you very much for your help in supporting me get to grips with this matter .

7. Tim
    Posted June 25, 2010 at 7:08 am | Permalink

Josh is correct I was able to get mine activated, and even “guess” the position of the buttons to map a route from a previous trip. I did notice after 5 minutes or so though it still said “determining current location” which in the past where I am sitting next to a window I have never had any issues. I hope there is not an issue with the new GPS hardware.

8. Paul
    Posted June 25, 2010 at 9:17 am | Permalink

Thanks for your prompt attention to this matter. Excellent app and outstanding customer service

• Devon Valenti // Marketing Manager, North America
      Posted June 25, 2010 at 9:56 am | Permalink

Hi everyone,

Thank you so much for your understanding and patience with the iPhone 4 high res retina display issue. I want to provide a quick update on the situation. We have submitted an update to Apple that fixes the iPhone 4 problem (also adds full support for iOS4 multitasking). Apple’s approval process for updates usually takes about a week, although we are obviously hoping that it will be sooner so you can get back to using your CoPilot Live ASAP!

We’ll continue to provide updates as needed.

Thanks again,
      Devon

9. Stavos
    Posted June 25, 2010 at 12:54 pm | Permalink

Same problem here with the mirrored image. I even was able to guess where the buttons were so I could at least activate it. I was really looking fwd to see how fast Copilot8 ran on the new iPhone4 because it was dog slow on my iPhone 3G but still usable.

I hope there will be future updates to use the iPhone4 gyroscope which should greatly improve the accuracy.

10. Tom Frauenhofer
    Posted June 25, 2010 at 9:24 pm | Permalink

And the update is live in the App Store, and it works on my iPhone4. Thanks for getting this expedited!

• Devon Valenti // Marketing Manager, North America
      Posted June 30, 2010 at 6:43 am | Permalink

You’re welcome, enjoy!

11. wivku
    Posted June 26, 2010 at 2:07 am | Permalink

Thanks for the quick update! Using it on an iPhone 4.

Two issues:

1. Street labels and (some) text are really small, especially in 2D view. I like it that it takes advantage of the hires retina screen, but it makes it too difficult to quickly read while driving. The streets themselves are also quite a bit thinner than before.

2. an iOS 4 question: the app continues in the background. This is great in the cases I want to continue the app while doing something else, but in most cases I actually want to quit the application. Suspending the app is fine, but it continues to use the GPS (small arrow in the top bar remains there). I can bring up the task bar, find the Copilot icon, hold it and press the delete button, but this is too much to ask and too easy to forget.

• Devon Valenti // Marketing Manager, North America
      Posted June 30, 2010 at 6:41 am | Permalink

Hi wivku,

Thanks for passing along the helpful feedback regarding the street names and the option to quit CoPilot w/ multitasking. We really do appreciate hearing how we can make your experience better and will take these ideas into account.

Thanks,
      Devon

12. wivku
    Posted June 30, 2010 at 2:05 pm | Permalink

And I appreciate the response from you. :-)
    For the street names and streets themselves, making them bigger and thicker should probably do the trick, especially for the streets on my route and the crossing streets.
    For exiting: is it possible to add a quit button in the options menu?
    Other ideas: show a reminder popup when the app has been running in the background for e.g. 10 minutes, and/or disable GPS after e.g. 15 minutes.
    PS. the Dutch translation: there is some room for improvement there, can I help?

• Devon Valenti // Marketing Manager, North America
      Posted July 1, 2010 at 12:55 pm | Permalink

Hi wivku,

I passed your feedback on to our development team and the good news is they were already working on both improving the street name appearance & better app quit options for iPhone 4. I don’t have any timeframe to give right now but we are definitely working on improving both.

Thanks for the offer on Dutch translations. I’ll check with our Europe office and see if they do!

Thanks,