CoPilot Live USA now available for iPhone and iPad

We’ve just released a new version of CoPilot Live USA in the App Store.  CoPilot Live USA is available to install on both the iPhone and iPad.

*** This latest version fixes a software crash that some customers may have experienced when trying to install and run the app on their iPad.  We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you and advise you to download this update to correct the issue.

IMPORTANT: When completing the initial set up process on your iPad, please make sure the iPad is in portrait orientation.  Once set up it complete, you can start and use the App in any orientation. ***

CoPilot Live USA is our latest full-featured, voice-guided GPS navigation app and is currently available at the amazingly low price of $4.99 for lifetime use.  The app is packed with advanced navigation features including integrated Live Local Search, 3D maps, Lane Assist guidance, multi-stop trip planning, millions of pre-loaded POIs and more.  It’s full-featured, premium GPS navigation at its best!

As will all of our apps, CoPilot Live USA offers offline navigation so there’s no need to rely on your mobile network or pay roaming charges.  CoPilot Live stores the complete, detailed street-level map of USA directly on your device so you can use your premium navigation “offline” without having to rely on your mobile network.  No matter where you are, CoPilot Live is available to guide you with turn-by-turn directions along your route.

Customers also have access to the free ALK  MapSure™ service that provides monthly map improvement updates downloaded directly to the iPhone and a complete new updated map of USA every quarter, through the end of the year.

Check out CoPilot Live USA in the App Store

Or if you’re already a happy CoPilot Live customer, be sure to tell your friends about this introductory offer of $4.99!!   Trust us they’ll thank you for it!

And if you really want to impress them….gift them premium full-featured navigation today!  Did we mention its only $4.99…..

This entry was posted in CoPilot Premium, iPad News & Updates and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. Ravi
    Posted June 16, 2010 at 2:38 pm | Permalink

Hey,

How about Android promotion at $4.99 ?

… we’re waiting !

2. Stephen Lofholm
    Posted June 22, 2010 at 3:25 pm | Permalink

I was a happy CoPilot customer until I found out that the program that I paid $29.99 is now being offered for $4.99. How about doing something for us faithful customers? How about a year of live traffic. $29.99 is abouve $25.00 more than I have ever paid for an app! This is really disapointing when you consider this cost was on top of the outrageous fees paid to AT&T for the IPhone service.

You have a good program but I feel ripped off!

Regards,

• Devon Valenti // Marketing Manager, North America
      Posted June 23, 2010 at 1:05 am | Permalink

Hi Stephen,

I’m sorry for your frustration. Please note the CoPilot Live North America app includes maps of the U.S. and Canada and TTS voice guidance as standard. The CoPilot Live USA app that is currently being offered for $4.99 offers maps of Canada and TTS as additional upgrades. Also all of our apps offer offline navigation so you do not need to rely on your mobile provider (AT&T) for navigation or worry about paying expensive roaming charges.

Devon

3. Jim
    Posted June 24, 2010 at 2:18 pm | Permalink

I purchased the TTS add on for the USA version but it doesn’t speak anything different to me than it did before I bought it. I also have yet to find any option to “enable” the functionality. When I go to purchase it again it tells me I’ve already purchased it…so how does one use it?

You should warn users (at least those on the IPhone 3G) that they’ll get lots of annoying IPhone dialog boxes telling them they’re low on memory and that they may shut the app down. Is there no way for you to have a smaller memory footprint so these dialogs don’t happen?

4. Jim
    Posted June 25, 2010 at 4:07 am | Permalink

Ammendment to my earlier comment…the good news is, I’ve figured out how to enable the TTS I purchased…the bad news?…it tells me I can’t use it because I don’t have enough memory! Please warn people not to waste their $2.99 on TTS if they have the IPhone 3G, or better, disable purchase of it if they have the 3G, OR even better, reduce the memory footprint so that it works on the 3G (if possible). –Thanks

• Peter
      Posted June 27, 2010 at 8:47 pm | Permalink

I wonder how many other people this is affecting? I called customer service, who were very nice, but innefectual, and didn’t resolve my issue. Now I have to follow up and waste more of my time. If CoPilot USA does not work with TTS on iPhone 3G then they should not sell it.

5. Chris
    Posted June 25, 2010 at 9:29 pm | Permalink

Hello,

I upgraded to the new Copilot live 8 that came out today for my Iphone 4 and now my traffic that I paid for is no longer working. I did not want to have to repurchase it. Is there a way to resolve this?

Thanks

• Devon Valenti // Marketing Manager, North America
      Posted June 29, 2010 at 7:07 am | Permalink

Hi Chris,

All you need to do is restore you Premium Live Services license:

Within your CoPilot Live, go to MENU > CoPilot Store> Restore Licenses. You will be asked to enter your iTunes Password. Then Tap OK. Select “Live Traffic, Local Search & Fuel Prices – 12 Months”. Once you see the Restoration Successful screen, you are all set to continue using your Premium Live Services.

If you have any other issues or questions, just let me know!

Thanks,
      Devon

6. Jon
    Posted June 26, 2010 at 6:29 am | Permalink

I have purchased and loaded copilot live for my ipad. I used it for about three days…and then it began to crash. Now, it won’t even start up. When selected the start screen appears and then it simply quits. I have reinstalled and looked every where for information on a fix to no avail. Any suggestions? I hate having a 29.99 application that does not work at all!

• Joey
      Posted June 28, 2010 at 9:55 pm | Permalink

I also have purchased and load copilot live HD for my iPad. The app won’t startup. I have deleted the app, restarted my iPad and redownloaded it. It still doest not work.
      I wrote an email to Apple and Copilot for this problem. I did not find a solution on the Web.
      I have the copilot live application for iPhone and it had the same startup problem on my iPad.
      Let me know if you find a solution!
      Thanks!

7. Peter
    Posted June 27, 2010 at 7:46 pm | Permalink

I have the constant low memory message, too, on my iPhone 3G. Very frustrating! Also purchased the TTS add-on, and again, I get a message stating that I don’t have enough memory to run this feature. Why are CoPilot selling an app for a device it doesn’t support? This is deceptive.

How do I get the app working properly or get a complete refund?

8. Michael B
    Posted June 28, 2010 at 11:50 am | Permalink

I am also experiencing the inability to use TTS directions with CoPilot Live North America. In the previous version, I was able to use a voice that allowed TTS directions, but in the latest version my iPhone 3G gives no option for TTS voices due to low memory. Please fix this problem asap for us 3G owners that paid for the full CoPilot Live version WITH TTS directions! Otherwise, please refund our money for taking away promised features in the version that we paid for! Thank you!

9. John
    Posted June 30, 2010 at 5:39 am | Permalink

Getting the same TTS problem on my 3g when upgrading to the latest release and on I phone os 4.0.

It used to work, can you fix it please or give me a refund?

• Devon Valenti // Marketing Manager, North America
      Posted June 30, 2010 at 10:41 am | Permalink

For iPhone 3G or 3GS users who have upgraded to iOS 4 or have lost their TTS:

If you’ve upgraded to iOS 4, please note it will take up a large amount of memory on your iPhone which is why you’re seeing the low memory alert with your TTS on CoPilot. Here are a couple reccomendations we have to help free up some space:

1. Restart the iPhone, if that does not work try the following:
      2. Disable any push notifications including Push email
      3. Terminate all other background apps running while CoPilot Live is running

10. Michael B
    Posted June 30, 2010 at 5:19 pm | Permalink

Hello, Devon…Thank you for your information, but I (and, I believe others) have NOT upgraded to iOS4 (v3.1.3) and have the TTS memory problem. It is because iOS4 does take more memory and runs slower on an iPhone 3G that I chose not to update to iOS4.

FYI…UPDATE: I did try your suggestions above, and was able to get the TTS option working again in CoPilot Live while using v3.1.3 software on my iPhone 3G. Thank you!

• Devon Valenti // Marketing Manager, North America
      Posted July 1, 2010 at 6:17 am | Permalink

Hi Michael B,

Great to hear that you were able to get TTS working again!

And thank you for clarifying that you were experiencing the TTS loss issue on a 3G that was not upgraded to iOS 4 as well. That is very helpful for us to know and will help us prevent this issue in the future.

Devon