Tips and Tricks: Creating a Routing Profile

Forget dropping the kids off at school, your daily commute or racing to the dry cleaners to pick up your clothes before they close.  Even in our hectic lives, there are still times when the journey is there to be enjoyed—filled with more adventure and a greater range of possibilities—rather than a mad dash down the highway.

A different drive for different occasions.

CoPilot Live can help swap your everyday practical drive for a more enjoyable one—by simply creating Routing Profiles.  To start, go to: Menu > Settings > Routing Profiles

From there you can create a new profile.  Start by giving it a name – then choosing your mode of travel:  Bicycle, Walking, RV, Motorcycle and of course Automobile.

Once selected, you are presented with a variety of customization options to further personalize your journey.  Want to avoid the crowds and highways?  Choose “Avoid” next to Freeways and Divided Highways.  Want to enjoy the local flavor of the town, select “Strongly Favor” next to Local Streets.  Low on cash?  Choose “Always Avoid” under Toll Roads.

Of course, if you’ve enjoyed your journey but now need to get home directly, you can easily swap your profile for faster routing home.

Just another way CoPilot Live makes every journey better!

This entry was posted in Hints and Tips and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. Posted March 17, 2010 at 8:10 am | Permalink

These are very helpfull Tips and triks to creating a routing profile.very good work keep it up.

2. Posted March 17, 2010 at 11:15 pm | Permalink

Hi there I have troubles adding this blog page to my RSS reader. My browser is Konqueror, could that be causing the trouble?

• Devon Valenti // Marketing Manager
      Posted March 19, 2010 at 7:13 am | Permalink

Unfortunately, I’m not familiar with that browser so it could be the issue. YOu can also subscribe to the blog via email if the RSS still does not work.

3. Randall
    Posted March 18, 2010 at 4:41 am | Permalink

Thank you very much! I reside on the US east coast where toll roads are a way of life. I make frequent trips to the west coast, however, which has a richly developed freeway system but a few very expensive private toll roads. The ability to make, name and save an “avoid toll road” profile makes it much easier and efficient to use CP when traveling between the two locales!

• Devon Valenti // Marketing Manager
      Posted March 19, 2010 at 7:17 am | Permalink

Hi Randall,

Thanks for the feedback, glad you enjoyed the post! Since you’re a frequent traveler on both coasts, feel free to share any tips or experiences you’ve had with CoPilot Live. I’m sure other customers could benefit from your knowledge. We’ll also continue to post helpful Tips and Tricks!

Thanks,
      Devon

4. Charles Deitz
    Posted March 31, 2010 at 5:58 am | Permalink

Do you have an app for truck drivers?
    I have copilot on my computer and the GPS but an App for the I Phone would be great

• Devon Valenti // Marketing Manager
      Posted April 2, 2010 at 6:11 am | Permalink

Hi Charles,

We don’t currently offer a Copilot Truck iPhone app. It is a great suggestion though and I’ll be sure to pass it on to our development team.

Devon