New CoPilot Live v8 iPhone release now available

Our latest iPhone app updates for CoPilot Live North America and CoPilot Live Directions have been approved by Apple and are available immediately as free downloads from iTunes.

The free updates give you a complete set of updated North America street maps and points of interest, including over 15,000 miles of new roads and hundreds of map improvements submitted by users through our MapSure™ service.  Also included in the updates is improved guidance at road intersections, integrated local search and the ability to post your journey information to Facebook.  And in case that wasn’t enough, we’ve also added one of our most commonly requested features—adjustable music settings!

New features in the update:

Complete set of updated North America street maps

• For all iPhone customers, the new maps are included in the free update via the application updates in your iTunes.
  • For CoPilot Live Directions customers, you can download the latest free Quarterly map update directly from your phone.  Within CoPilot Live Directions, go to Menu > Get Maps.

Improved guidance with Lane Assist & ClearTurn™:   With this latest update, CoPilot Live makes it easier than ever to see where to go at complex intersections.  Lane Assist shows exactly which lane to be in, while ClearTurn provides a more realistic display of upcoming highway exits and intersections.

Adjustable music volume settings:  You asked and we listened!  One of the most frequently requested features made by CoPilot Live iPhone users, now you can choose to mute or dim music while receiving voice instructions.  Simply select Menu > Settings > Sound.

Facebook Status Updates*:  Now you can share your journey with your friends with in-app Facebook status updates, including where you are, where you’re going and even what you’re listening to.  Simply select Menu > Post Facebook Status.  You can choose to post updates automatically or manually.

Free Local Search* is now standard:  With integrated local Internet search, you can easily find the nearest product, service, brand, store or just about anything you need.  Simply key-in whatever you’re looking for and be guided straight there.

*Facebook Status updates and Free Local Search require a mobile internet connection.

Here’s how to get the update:

Please note you will need to do a License Reset on your iPhone to get all the features.

• Step 1:  Download the latest CoPilot Live free app update form the App Store on your iPhone or through iTunes
  • Step 2:  On your iPhone, go to SETTINGS and select your app (e.g. CoPilot NA or Directions)
  • Step 3:  Set the LICENSE RESET to ON
  • Step 4:  Open CoPilot Live on the iPhone.  You will need to reactivate with your CoPilot ID

***If you have a Premium Live Services upgrade (Live Traffic & Live Fuel Prices) for your CoPilot Live—you will need to restore the Premium Live Services license within CoPilot Live after you do the License Reset on your iPhone.

Here’s how to restore your Premium Live Services license:

1. Within your CoPilot Live, go to:  MENU > CoPilot Store > Restore Licenses
  2. You will be asked to enter your iTunes Password.  Then tap OK
  3. Select “Live Traffic, Local Search & Fuel Prices – 12 Months”.  See screenshot for help.
  4. Once you see the Restoration Successful screen you are all set to continue using CoPilot’s Premium Live Services

Now you’re all set to start navigating with the latest software.  Enjoy!

This entry was posted in CoPilot Premium and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. TC
    Posted March 16, 2010 at 3:56 pm | Permalink

When will this new version ported to WM? I love the new over-head direction sign shown on the Lane Assist screen posted above. Also, when this new version ported to WM, could you guys please unlock the “Safety Camera” setting for US users? I know ALK doesn’t provide safety camera data for US users, but we can still get that info from other sources (trapster, for example) and import it in. Bringing back “Safety Camera” setting will enhance that function for us. “Safety Camera” setting was removed in v8.0.0.620. Thanks!

2. Gabe
    Posted March 16, 2010 at 10:46 pm | Permalink

None of those features work even after license reset and reactivation. The clear-turn button is lit up and 0.5 mile is selected before turn but nothing is displayed. Why???

• Devon Valenti // Marketing Manager
      Posted March 17, 2010 at 12:14 pm | Permalink

Hi Gabe,

The Lane Assist and ClearTurn services are limited to 600 interstate-to-interstate intersections in North America currently. Coverage will be added on a quarterly basis. You may be in an area with limited coverage.

Regards,
      Devon

3. Don
    Posted March 19, 2010 at 3:15 pm | Permalink

I have co-pilot NA so I dont think this is for me?
    Thanks
    don

• Devon Valenti // Marketing Manager
      Posted March 22, 2010 at 5:52 am | Permalink

Hi Don,

The update is available for the CoPilot Live North America and CoPilot Live Directions iPhone apps.

Regards,
      Devon

4. Posted March 19, 2010 at 3:17 pm | Permalink

When I go to update, it says no updates are present. I don’t think I have the new update already but it is possible. How can I find out?

Thanks,

Ron

• Devon Valenti // Marketing Manager
      Posted March 22, 2010 at 7:19 am | Permalink

Hi Ron,

Here is how to check to see that you have the latest update from iTunes:

In CoPilot Live, go to MENU > Settings > Show More Settings > About CoPilot

In the first line you should see Version: 8.0.0.659. If you see a version less than that, then you don’t have the update and you will need to download the update through iTunes. If you have any additional questions, please let me know.

Thanks,
      Devon

5. Alberto
    Posted March 19, 2010 at 3:58 pm | Permalink

I had already downloaded the updates, but when I followed your instructions it said there in nothing to update

• Devon Valenti // Marketing Manager
      Posted March 22, 2010 at 6:21 am | Permalink

Hi Alberto,

If you’ve already downloaded the update and have the latest version, 8.0.0.659, then there is nothing else you need to do. Here’s how to check to see that you have the latest version:

In CoPilot Live, go to MENU > Settings> Show More Settings > About CoPilot

In the first line you should see Version: 8.0.0.659. If you see a version less than that, then you need to download the update through iTunes. If you have any additional questions, please let me know.

Regards,
      Devon

6. Joe
    Posted March 19, 2010 at 8:00 pm | Permalink

It seems that many of the features described in the online manual do not exist on my iphone copilot 8. One example: directions say:
    ——————–
    Select Routing Type
    CoPilot Live provides the facility to adjust the routing depending on the nature of journey

To do this select the Options menu and the Routing Type.

Choose your preferred routing type, the options are:

■Quickest
    ■Shortest
    ■Avoid Expressways
    ■Economic
    ————————
    I do not have “Routing Type” in the “Options” menu.

• Devon Valenti // Marketing Manager
      Posted March 22, 2010 at 6:19 am | Permalink

Hi Joe,

Once you have entered a destination, go to MENU > Plan or Edit Trip.

At the bottom of the screen tap “Show Route” and the Select Routing Type options will appear.

Let me know if you need additional help. What are the other features that you can’t find? Perhaps I can help.

Regards,
      Devon

7. Leonidas
    Posted March 21, 2010 at 8:48 am | Permalink

Im having a problem with the new version I lost my already paid premium traffic servioces.

I followed this:

Here’s how to restore your Premium Live Services license:

Within your CoPilot Live, go to: MENU > CoPilot Store > Restore Licenses
    You will be asked to enter your iTunes Password. Then tap OK
    Select “Live Traffic, Local Search & Fuel Prices – 12 Months”. See screenshot for help.

But Im not getting any positive response , Im just getting this:

“there are no products to restore . Error -303

However Im not able to get my traffic service that I paid for it!, I want my money back or a solution for this.

• Devon Valenti // Marketing Manager
      Posted March 22, 2010 at 6:30 am | Permalink

Hi Leonidas,

I’m sorry for the trouble you’re experiencing. Please try Upgrading with your Premium Live Services Product Key. Here’s how:

1. Within your CoPilot Live, go to MENU > Settings > Licensing
      2. Choose Upgrade at the bottom of the screen
      3. Enter your 25-digit Premium Live Services Product Key and tap >
      4. Enter your CoPilot ID to reactivate CoPilot Live

If you still do not see your Premium Live Services after following the steps above, you will need to contact Support directly: http://www.alk.eu.com/support/copilot-support/question-us.asp

Regards,
      Devon

8. Matthew
    Posted March 22, 2010 at 10:50 am | Permalink

I’m not sure what’s wrong with this app, but this is the second time I’ve had trouble updating the app on my iPhone. Here’s what happens each time I try to update the app. I download the new version and try to sync to my iPhone. The iPhone and iTunes tell me I can’t update because there’s not enough room on my iPhone. The total size of the download is 1.32 GB, my total free space can be over 5GB, but it tells me I don’t have enough space. This is so annoying because each time there is an update I have to totally restore my iPhone and re-download CoPilot in order to have the updated version. That should NOT happen.

• Devon Valenti // Marketing Manager
      Posted March 22, 2010 at 2:08 pm | Permalink

Hi Matthew,

Even though the app size is 1.32 GB, when Apple downloads an update they rename the app/folder, download it and install to a new one—therefore requiring a large amount of additional space for installation. Please note this is only for installation, after CoPilot Live is installed it will only require 1.32GB of space. Unfortunately this is not something we can control, it is a standard procedure used in iTunes.

We reccomend deleting any additional applications, music or pictures on your device to ensure you have enough space for installation.

I hope this helps you. If you need anything else, please do not hesitate to ask!

Regards,
      Devon

9. Greg
    Posted March 23, 2010 at 5:22 pm | Permalink

This new version of CoPilot NA doesn’t seem to work well…it tends to lag far behind the position of the car, is slow and has real difficulty figuring out the current position on startup. Too bad, it’s been a great system. Is there some way I can restore the former version?

• Devon Valenti // Marketing Manager
      Posted March 25, 2010 at 6:51 am | Permalink

Hi Greg,

I’m sorry you’re having issues with the latest version. Have you tried contacting our Support team about the lag behind and the difficulty finding the current position on startup. They can look into that and see what the issue is. I suggest contacting them before attempting to restore to a former version. You can contact them here: http://www.alk.eu.com/support/copilot-support/question-us.asp

Thanks,
      Devon

10. Melanie
    Posted March 25, 2010 at 12:27 am | Permalink

I have already updated my CoPilot app thru iTunes. I’m not sure if it was succesfully updated on my iPhone or not because everytime I open the app it just closes and this has been happening even before I tried to update. Right now I think it is also causing some of my other applications to close after I updated it.