FREE Live Local Search with the latest CoPilot Live v8 update for Windows Mobile and Android

With the release of our latest update for Windows Mobile and Android, we are pleased to announce Live Local Search is now available as a standard feature within CoPiliot Live.

With our integrated local Internet search, you can easily find the nearest product, service, brand, shop or just about anything you need.  Type in your request and a list of services matching your criteria will be generated along with the full address and phone details—so you can call within CoPilot Live and book a reservation at your favorite restaurant.

Current Windows Mobile and Android users can access their free Live Local Search upgrade through the latest software update. Live Local Search is just one of a number of enhancements available with the free update for Windows Mobile and Android devices.  With the update you’ll also be able to download the latest quarterly map data through Central!

Here’s how to get your free software update:

Windows Mobile customers:

Download the update using the latest version of CoPilot Central 2.0 desktop companion software. For detailed instructions on installing the update, click here

Android customers

Download the update by visiting http://www.alk.eu.com/copilotlive/androidinstall/ on your phone’s Internet browser.

—or—

If you’ve purchased your CoPilot Live from Android Market, you MUST download the update from Android Market.

Visit our website for more information on Live Local Search.

This entry was posted in Android News & Updates, Windows Mobile News & Updates and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

1. Neil
    Posted February 8, 2010 at 5:19 pm | Permalink

So if I had run CoPilot Central before seeing you post and allowed Central to self-update, is that OK?

Windows 7 Ultimate, 64bit

CoPilot for Windows Mobile 8 with NA map and Ireland map.

2. Devon Valenti // Marketing Manager
    Posted February 9, 2010 at 9:02 am | Permalink

Hi Neil,

Central’s self-update is not the same as the Windows Mobile Update. To check the version of Central you have, connect your device via ActiveSync and then start Central. Go to Help > About CoPilot Central to view your version number–it should be 2.0.0.73 or greater. Next check what version of CoPilot Live you have. Central will show this in the upper left side of the screen. If you have a version less than 8.0.0.620 then you need to get the latest Windows Mobile update. In this case the Get Updates button just below the CoPilot version number should be active. Click on that to see a CoPilot Live update available for download.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Regards,
    Devon Valenti

3. Ramon N. Diaz
    Posted February 9, 2010 at 10:33 pm | Permalink

There are not available updates for my Windows Mobile phone (i just downloaded the latest version of Central 2.0 which is 2.0.0.76 from your website.) My phone has Copilot 8.0.0.557 installed, but no additional updates is available for it when I “check for Updates”. Just a bunch of Voices in different languages are available for download…what do i need to do to get the FREE live search service installed on my phone?

thanks!

• Christian Oliff
      Posted February 10, 2010 at 10:19 am | Permalink

Hi Ramon. I’ve just sent you an email with download instructions.

• Markus Gruber
      Posted February 10, 2010 at 4:07 pm | Permalink

Greetings,
      I have exactly the same issue.
      Also, I don’t see any instructions or screenshots that illustrate how live search works.
      Slightly off topic, the text to speech went in smoothly and is greatly appreciated.
      Looking forward to additional voices.

4. Markus Gruber
    Posted February 11, 2010 at 4:22 pm | Permalink

The update to 8.0.0.620 showed up in CoPilot Central today, along with a CoPilot Central update. Tried a few Live Local Searches for the area around my home and I was impressed with the results. Thanks for another useful improvement!

• Christian Oliff
      Posted February 12, 2010 at 4:28 am | Permalink

Excellent! Thanks for the feedback Markus.

5. Sol
    Posted February 13, 2010 at 4:16 pm | Permalink

I’m actually experiencing the same problem as Ramon N. Diaz, except that I’ve never had any updates ever show up in Central 2.0.0.76 (tried 32-bit and 64-bit in Win7 64-bit). I just installed 8.0.0.557 that I had to manually download all 1.3GB of off of my order page. I’ve never received any updates through Central using CoPilot 8.0.0.346 and was using that until yesterday and didn’t realize there were any updates until I read these posts. The update check in CoPilot comes up with nothing (I’ve only occasionally received a couple of maintenance updates), and the update check through Central has never come up with any sort of update before when I have my phone attached and the button always says No Updates Available. I’d love to get this particular update, but it seems that neither update check seems to work properly for me. Is there any alternate way to get this update and other updates newer than 8.0.0.557? A fix to make the updater work properly would be wonderful as well. :)

6. Steve B
    Posted February 19, 2010 at 1:14 pm | Permalink

I seem to be having a similar issue as Diaz. I saw the update and downloaded it to my device before I got the 8.0.0.557 map update. I then tried to update central, but my version was too far back, and kept looping until I read the instructions about completely removing central, then reinstalling.
    After I got both the central and the map update, I just see voices for updates in central, but no live search on my touch pro2. For the map update, I had to download it from my order page, as the update from central took 7+ hours and I couldn’t finish it.
    So is there an alternate download area? It seems like it’s being detected on my device, yet it’s not loaded up somehow. Would love to get this loaded up so I can play with it. Thanks!

• Devon Valenti // Marketing Manager
      Posted February 22, 2010 at 7:04 am | Permalink

Hi Steve,

I’m sending you an email with alternate download instructions.

Regards,